U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 07:24 AM

23,670 posts, read 33,545,829 times

Advertisements

Redskins Insider - Haynesworth will skip minicamp, wants trade

Quote:
Pro Bowl defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth, who skipped the Redskins' voluntary workout program in protest of his new role on the team, will not attend the mandatory minicamp that begins Wednesday and wants to be traded, his agent said Tuesday night.
Living in the DC area for six years and enduring the Skins, I knew this was going to happen. Dan Synder is notorious for blowing money. You can just ask Andre Gurode about the type of man Haynesworth is. This marriage was bound for this moment. $100 million (not to mention a $21 million check just a couple of months ago) and you can't even bring yourself to work out when your fat was so out of shape last year? This is exactly why I cheer for Washington to stink every year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 07:33 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,378,278 times
I feel bad for the fans of that franchise.

Old 06-16-2010, 07:34 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,041,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Redskins Insider - Haynesworth will skip minicamp, wants trade

Living in the DC area for six years and enduring the Skins, I knew this was going to happen. Dan Synder is notorious for blowing money. You can just ask Andre Gurode about the type of man Haynesworth is. This marriage was bound for this moment. $100 million (not to mention a $21 million check just a couple of months ago) and you can't even bring yourself to work out when your fat was so out of shape last year? This is exactly why I cheer for Washington to stink every year.

That's pathetic. Is there any other reason besides working out to lose weight that he didn't want to show up to minicamp?

Old 06-16-2010, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
That's pathetic. Is there any other reason besides working out to lose weight that he didn't want to show up to minicamp?
He says he don't want to play in a 3-4. Darnell Dockett (very underpaid) tweeted something like this this morning; for a $100 mill I'll play 3-4, 4-3, 5-9, 9-5!! Sorry you take the $$ you take the lumps.

Old 06-16-2010, 08:32 AM

16,541 posts, read 21,031,657 times
The Redskins should send him packing. It wasn't that many years ago that Mike Shanahan had a problem child on his roster when he was with Denver who he paid a ton of money for and had a similar situation happen to-Daryle Gardner.

A million dollars worth of talent and a ten cent brain to go with it. Disgusting.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:50 AM

1,261 posts, read 1,774,439 times
Moody to the max, send him packing. Voluntary mini camp is MANDATORY if you want to win more than 4 friggin games a season

Old 06-16-2010, 11:23 AM

6,847 posts, read 7,918,096 times
Quite the winner! Another stellar role model for impressionable black youth, or any youth for that matter, to look up to. Shocked he hasn't been involved in any kind of off field "incident" yet. Many NFL players seem to have a lot of attitute problems. I guess when you make multi millions a year and the general public elevates you to god status you begin to feel you have the right.

I stand corrected. I guess this counts as an "off field" incident since he hasn't bothered showing up "on field" yet. LOSER!

Old 06-16-2010, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Quite the winner! Another stellar role model for impressionable black youth, or any youth for that matter, to look up to. Shocked he hasn't been involved in any kind of off field "incident" yet. Many NFL players seem to have a lot of attitute problems. I guess when you make multi millions a year and the general public elevates you to god status you begin to feel you have the right.

I stand corrected. I guess this counts as an "off field" incident since he hasn't bothered showing up "on field" yet. LOSER!
Well rumor has it he has paternity issues with a stripper. I think that counts.

Even London Fletcher is PO'd at him. When London Fletcher (NFL Man of the year finalist and very underrated) has issues with you, you are some .

Old 06-16-2010, 11:49 AM

6,227 posts, read 6,864,932 times
Apparently no one is interested in him. I'd haul his ass into court if he doesn't want to show up for work after 40 million was paid to him.

Old 06-16-2010, 12:07 PM

6,183 posts, read 5,005,100 times
I love it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or