Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 04:16 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,543,408 times

Advertisements

whar?????????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 11:49 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,141,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
I heard this briefly on the radio and then never saw another thing about it on ESPN or anywhere. This is very sad...

I wonder if Bill will consider coming back to coaching now.
I wish we never extended Tomlin. He doesn't feel like a Steeler, the way the Chin did. My condolensces...

Old 07-29-2010, 12:00 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,370,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
I wish we never extended Tomlin. He doesn't feel like a Steeler, the way the Chin did. My condolensces...
How long did we extend him for? My feelings are Bill won't come back to coaching just yet--he will want to be there for his girls, even though they are grown. I like Tomlin but I agree with you re: The Chin!

Old 07-29-2010, 02:08 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,738,907 times
I don't care if Mike Tomlin doesn't "feel like" a Steeler. Mike Tomlin is a Steeler, plain and simple. I'm getting sick and tired of people throwing him under the bus. You'd think we finished last season with a losing record like Bill Cowher did three times in six seasons between 1998 and 2003. You'd think we missed the playoffs three years in a row like Cowher did between 1998 and 2000. You wouldn't know that Tomlin has already won as many AFC Championship Games at home in three years as Cowher did in 15.

Look, I think Bill Cowher was a great coach for us, but now it's time for us to give Mike Tomlin the same patience that we gave Cowher.

Old 07-29-2010, 03:18 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,370,519 times
Geez...no-one is throwing him under the bus!! We just happen to like Cowher better. Nothing wrong with that. It's the same as preferring a certain player who no longer plays for us over one that does...ie: I will always prefer #36 over anyone in the running back position.

Same goes for the coach position. Don't kid yourself that people don't wish that Chuck Noll was running the ship today! I would take him over Cowher!

Old 07-29-2010, 09:08 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
I don't care if Mike Tomlin doesn't "feel like" a Steeler. Mike Tomlin is a Steeler, plain and simple. I'm getting sick and tired of people throwing him under the bus. You'd think we finished last season with a losing record like Bill Cowher did three times in six seasons between 1998 and 2003. You'd think we missed the playoffs three years in a row like Cowher did between 1998 and 2000. You wouldn't know that Tomlin has already won as many AFC Championship Games at home in three years as Cowher did in 15.

Look, I think Bill Cowher was a great coach for us, but now it's time for us to give Mike Tomlin the same patience that we gave Cowher.
Any Steelers fan that wants Tomlin fired in favor of Cowher is an idiot. Tomlin has a Super Bowl ring. Even more he won that ring with a team that had very average talent outside of LB and QB.

If Cowher ever coaches again (which I doubt), I think Carolina would be at the top of his wishlist due to proximity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football