Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2012, 11:55 PM

45,541 posts, read 27,152,040 times

Advertisements

For me ...

San Diego over Miami 41-38 in playoff OT game.

Philadelphia over Dallas 27-0 in the Bounty Bowl - Aikman sacked 11 times.

Philadelphia over NY Giants 38-31 - D. Jackson wins with a punt return last year after training 31-10 w/ eight minutes remaining. Seems like a long way from now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2012, 09:15 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I remember that game and how Buddy Ryan remained upbeat and falling behind.

No depression for me though...

Boy that was a painful loss-lol You know years ago I always assumed a 20 pt lead meant your team won and I had trouble at a young age dealing with major collapses like that. I was so confused that day and was in shocked they blew that game.

BTW: The Eagles lost the same way the following week at home to the Joe Montana and the niners after being up 28-10 in 4th qtr. lol

Old 10-30-2012, 09:16 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
For me ...

San Diego over Miami 41-38 in playoff OT game.

Philadelphia over Dallas 27-0 in the Bounty Bowl - Aikman sacked 11 times.

Philadelphia over NY Giants 38-31 - D. Jackson wins with a punt return last year after training 31-10 w/ eight minutes remaining. Seems like a long way from now.

One of the knocks on Aikman was he had absolutely no mobility and would just fall to the ground and curl up in a ball when he felt defensive heat.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:48 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,106,572 times
"Monday Night Miracle."

Redskins down 13-0 on MNF, less than 3 minutes left in the game, and Santana Moss catches two BOMBS to beat the Dallas Cowboys. It's the reason why Santana Moss is considered one of the greatest Redskins to ever live.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:49 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
"Monday Night Miracle."

Redskins down 13-0 on MNF, less than 3 minutes left in the game, and Santana Moss catches two BOMBS to beat the Dallas Cowboys. It's the reason why Santana Moss is considered one of the greatest Redskins to ever live.

I don't remember the year but that was Joe Gibbs first game back as the SKins coach correct?

Old 10-30-2012, 10:11 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,264,620 times
Well, I could pick the Colts Super Bowl win as my most memorable but the game itself was really kinda blah. A Super Bowl in a monsoon isn't really that fun.

So my pick is a tie. One of my favorites is the Colts-Patriots AFC conference championship game in 2006 in which the Colts were down 21-3 at halftime and came back to win the game and go to the Super Bowl. It made up for the heartbreaking loss in the 2005 divisional championship game against the Steelers when Roethlisburger tackled our defensive back who was running a fumble back for a touchdown and then Vanderjagt missed the field goal to tie the game.

Another memorable one is on Monday Night Football in 2003 against Tampa Bay in Tampa, known around here as the Monday Night Miracle. The Bucs had a 35-14 lead with 5 minutes to go in the game. Somehow the Colts recovered 2 onsides kicks and scored 3 touchdowns in less than 5 minutes to send the game to overtime. Then there was the crazy "leaping" penalty on a field goal that Vanderjagt missed in overtime on the Bucs and so the Colts got to rekick and they won. Even the rekick hit the upright before it bounced through. I knew so many people that went to bed when Tampa scored to take a 21 point lead with 5 minutes to go in the game. And they woke up to see the Colts won and thought, WTF??? I was fortunately enough to have class that night so I recorded the game on tape. I never recorded over it because it was such an amazing comeback.

Also, the 2009 season when the Colts began 14-0 and then benched the starters with the lead halfway through the Jets game. The Colts lost and then playing with 2nd string again the next week against the Bills finished the season 14-2. Many people here around Indy still believe the Colts would have gone 16-0 had they not benched the starters for the playoffs and many are still angry about it to this day. That season, the Colts went to the Super Bowl but lost to the Saints. It's definitely memorable in that I'll-always-remember-where-I-was type of ways, but not a great memory!

Old 10-30-2012, 10:15 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
Well, I could pick the Colts Super Bowl win as my most memorable but the game itself was really kinda blah. A Super Bowl in a monsoon isn't really that fun.

So my pick is a tie. One of my favorites is the Colts-Patriots AFC conference championship game in 2006 in which the Colts were down 21-3 at halftime and came back to win the game and go to the Super Bowl. It made up for the heartbreaking loss in the 2005 divisional championship game against the Steelers when Roethlisburger tackled our defensive back who was running a fumble back for a touchdown and then Vanderjagt missed the field goal to tie the game.

Another memorable one is on Monday Night Football in 2003 against Tampa Bay in Tampa, known around here as the Monday Night Miracle. The Bucs had a 35-14 lead with 5 minutes to go in the game. Somehow the Colts recovered 2 onsides kicks and scored 3 touchdowns in less than 5 minutes to send the game to overtime. Then there was the crazy "leaping" penalty on a field goal that Vanderjagt missed in overtime on the Bucs and so the Colts got to rekick and they won. Even the rekick hit the upright before it bounced through. I knew so many people that went to bed when Tampa scored to take a 21 point lead with 5 minutes to go in the game. And they woke up to see the Colts won and thought, WTF??? I was fortunately enough to have class that night so I recorded the game on tape. I never recorded over it because it was such an amazing comeback.

Also, the 2009 season when the Colts began 14-0 and then benched the starters with the lead halfway through the Jets game. The Colts lost and then playing with 2nd string again the next week against the Bills finished the season 14-2. Many people here around Indy still believe the Colts would have gone 16-0 had they not benched the starters for the playoffs and many are still angry about it to this day. That season, the Colts went to the Super Bowl but lost to the Saints. It's definitely memorable in that I'll-always-remember-where-I-was type of ways, but not a great memory!

Tom Brady's defense let him down that day and he was definitely supposed to be in the SB in 2007 lol

Old 10-30-2012, 10:20 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,106,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I don't remember the year but that was Joe Gibbs first game back as the SKins coach correct?
Very close!

That was the second game of the season. But yes, it was the first season of the "Gibbs II era," as Redskins nation refers to it.

Old 10-30-2012, 10:39 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Very close!

That was the second game of the season. But yes, it was the first season of the "Gibbs II era," as Redskins nation refers to it.

Yeah I remember the gatorade bath and I think Parcells was still the coach of Dallas

Old 01-14-2013, 10:40 AM

9,374 posts, read 20,787,825 times
For many younger NFL fans, anyone who witnessed the Ravens take down of the Broncos in OT this past Sunday might very well reference this game in future years, when it comes to naming their most memorable one, for this one had all the trappings of an all time classic. Of course, the centerpiece of this game will be the Flacco to Jacoby Jones touchdown. According to advancedNFLstats.com, at the time of this touchdown, the Ravens had less than a 1% chance of winning the game. In a historical context, in considering memorable NFL playoff moments, this play was in line with Staubach to Pearson in 1975. The storyline of Manning vs Lewis in this game, with Lewis perhaps in his last game, and how Peyton Manning looked expression-wise as the game began to descend into overtime, all these elements will be with me for many years to come. While I cannot definitively state this is my all time most memorable NFL game, because I have seen so many, it certainly made its way into my top dozen or so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football