U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: NFL ROY???
Sam Bradford 1 5.56%
Rolando McClain 0 0%
Dez Bryant 8 44.44%
Eric Berry 2 11.11%
Other 7 38.89%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 03:35 PM

369 posts, read 689,525 times

Advertisements

Go!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2010, 04:37 PM

6,183 posts, read 4,998,799 times
Watching ESPN you'd have thought Dez Bryant already won it and was going to be getting inducted into the HOF this August

Old 07-27-2010, 06:20 PM

23,659 posts, read 33,499,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick828 View Post
Go!
Ryan Matthews in San Diego.

Old 07-27-2010, 06:25 PM

8,746 posts, read 7,749,977 times
Dez Bryant. I certainly hope he lives up to the hype!...lol.

Old 07-27-2010, 06:29 PM

7,529 posts, read 6,156,296 times
that's my pick too Alanboy

Old 07-27-2010, 07:14 PM

444 posts, read 1,063,537 times
Roy will be carrying Dez's stuff by mid-season.

Old 07-27-2010, 08:05 PM

219 posts, read 220,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Watching ESPN you'd have thought Dez Bryant already won it and was going to be getting inducted into the HOF this August
I don't get that feeling at all, and I probably watch more ESPN than anyone. The Cowboys were in camp earlier than everyone else. Who else is there to talk about? We all salivate for anything football, so there you go.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:00 PM

6,183 posts, read 4,998,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyDizzle23 View Post
I don't get that feeling at all, and I probably watch more ESPN than anyone. The Cowboys were in camp earlier than everyone else. Who else is there to talk about? We all salivate for anything football, so there you go.

Several headlines include:

Dez Bryant shows up to practice on time
Dez Bryant doesn't carry Roy Williams' pads
Dez Bryant didn't know about rookie tradition

Whether people are NFL starved or not can you really honestly say these were the biggest stories in the football world? I don't think so.

This guy is a rookie who has never played a single down in the NFL yet the worldwide leader in sports has a raging hard-on over him. It's worse than when they had TO because at least he was a proven player.

Old 07-28-2010, 05:36 AM

1,897 posts, read 2,940,367 times
Quote:

Whether people are NFL starved or not can you really honestly say these were the biggest stories in the football world? I don't think so.

This guy is a rookie who has never played a single down in the NFL yet the worldwide leader in sports has a raging hard-on over him. It's worse than when they had TO because at least he was a proven player.

This just in..."Dez Bryant don't give a crap."

seriously though, anytime you have a rookie coming in with the physical greatness of a Dez Bryant or A.P. or <insert crazy good college QB, RB, WR>, you're going to have ESPN jumping the nut-hugging train...

Old 07-28-2010, 07:42 AM

219 posts, read 220,859 times
Quote:

It's Dallas. He plays for the Cowboys, one of the most polarizing teams in American sports. Whether it's T.O., Romo, Dez, Jerry Jones, whoever... When the sink doesn't work in the stadium, it's news. Too many people do care about the team. I'm not one of them, but they call Dallas "America's Team" for a reason. You can argue that til you turn blue in the face (I'm sure there's a thread debating that here somewhere). But get over it. There isn't anything else to talk about because no one else is in camp. Almost no other TEAM as a whole is more compelling than Dallas. ESPN's ratings and the NFL's rating get better every year. You're in the minority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or