Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 01:34 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,606,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
I am glad I kept Carson Palmer in one of my FF leagues. He could have a great season.
I expect Gresham to be his favorite target. The Bengals are going to be stout this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2010, 10:34 PM

3,197 posts, read 5,376,095 times
All's cool now. BUT, if T.O. gets more looks, becomes a favorite target of Palmer and starts getting more SportsCenter air time. Honeymoon will be over.

Old 07-30-2010, 12:01 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,075,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Bengals still don't have a QB so it won't matter
(TVSG- just so ya know I'm taking a closer look at these type of one line zingers).HH

Just when I think you can't get any worse

Carson Palmer's career rating of 87.9 is better than viable and respectable NFL QB's

Matt Ryan
Joe Flacco
Jay Cutler
David Garrard
Brett Favre
Eli Manning
Matt Hassleback
and
Donovan McNabb

All the more impressive considering he plays for the most disfunctional franchise in football

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 07-30-2010 at 01:21 PM..

Old 07-30-2010, 12:07 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scout_972 View Post
all's cool now. But, if t.o. Gets more looks, becomes a favorite target of palmer and starts getting more sportscenter air time. Honeymoon will be over.
bingo!

Old 07-30-2010, 07:57 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,119,588 times
Funny how people are saying they don't want a future HOF. Sure, his age can be seen as a detriment, but he's in phenomenal shape for a 26 year-old let alone a 36 year-old. He still has plenty of talent and for the price the Bengals got him for, it was almost a no-brainer.

Now, I don't think this signing takes us "over the hump". The success of the Bengals will still evolve around how the offensive line plays and most of all how Carson Palmer plays. He was pretty bad the tail end of last year. The Bengals could have beaten the Jets in the playoffs but Palmer kept missing open receivers badly. Now he's got no excuse because the weapons are there at his disposal so unless the offensive line plays awfully the whole year, Palmer will have absolutely no excuses.

The AFC North will be a dogfight between the Bengals, Ravens and Steelers. Any 3 of these teams can win the division and any one of them may not make the playoffs. If these teams stay relatively healthy and the Steelers go at least 2-2 while Roethlisberger is out (Yes, I think they will reduce his 6 game suspension to 4), then it's anyone's division. I don't like the strength of the Bengals schedule, but that's what you get for winning the division the year before.

The AFC North and NFC East divisions are brutal. Each have 3 solid teams that can make the playoffs but will have at least one of those teams not make it at all.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I'm following this only for the potential amusement value.
See--I can rep you on the football forums!! As soon as I'm permitted, you got a 5 pointer coming!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
Funny how people are saying they don't want a future HOF. Sure, his age can be seen as a detriment, but he's in phenomenal shape for a 26 year-old let alone a 36 year-old.
I'm not disputing his abilities as a player, only his attitude. Him and Chad are like oil and water--they don't mix!

Old 07-30-2010, 08:21 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,119,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
See--I can rep you on the football forums!! As soon as I'm permitted, you got a 5 pointer coming!!

I'm not disputing his abilities as a player, only his attitude. Him and Chad are like oil and water--they don't mix!
Both attitudes will be fine. Chad will still be pissy when he doesn't get the ball and as always, Carson will tell him to ****. If they start losing games, I WANT to see them get ticked off. For too many years I have seen Bengal players not give a crap and laugh after a 30 point blowout. I have a picture that typifies this (and you would like it being a Steelers fan). It's a closeup of Hines Ward going in the end zone with his typical smug shown on his face. Behind him is a Bengals DB (Artrell Hawkins) with a huge smile on his face as well. The SOB just got burnt and is already laughing about it.

The Bengals have been through this crap before and have been fine. Both players realize they are at the end of their careers and being pouty will affect their post-NFL careers anyway. I'm more concerned with the offensive line and Palmer's elbow.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:17 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,734,462 times
yeah T.O. hasn't tried to cheat like Stinko... He's just a whiner... there's always one in every sport

Old 07-30-2010, 11:52 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,075,065 times
Quote:
Funny how people are saying they don't want a future HOF. Sure, his age can be seen as a detriment, but he's in phenomenal shape for a 26 year-old let alone a 36 year-old. He still has plenty of talent and for the price the Bengals got him for, it was almost a no-brainer.

Now, I don't think this signing takes us "over the hump". The success of the Bengals will still evolve around how the offensive line plays and most of all how Carson Palmer plays. He was pretty bad the tail end of last year. The Bengals could have beaten the Jets in the playoffs but Palmer kept missing open receivers badly. Now he's got no excuse because the weapons are there at his disposal so unless the offensive line plays awfully the whole year, Palmer will have absolutely no excuses.

The AFC North will be a dogfight between the Bengals, Ravens and Steelers. Any 3 of these teams can win the division and any one of them may not make the playoffs. If these teams stay relatively healthy and the Steelers go at least 2-2 while Roethlisberger is out (Yes, I think they will reduce his 6 game suspension to 4), then it's anyone's division. I don't like the strength of the Bengals schedule, but that's what you get for winning the division the year before.

The AFC North and NFC East divisions are brutal. Each have 3 solid teams that can make the playoffs but will have at least one of those teams not make it at all.
I don't for one second doubt he is one of the most physcially gifted athletes I've ever seen. But the criticism of him has nothing to do with his talent. He's a cancer and locker room divider. Take it from someone who's a fan of one of his former teams and a HS football coach - I'd rather take a guy with a team first attitude who has half TO's talent.

Old 07-30-2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Both attitudes will be fine. Chad will still be pissy when he doesn't get the ball and as always, Carson will tell him to ****. If they start losing games, I WANT to see them get ticked off. For too many years I have seen Bengal players not give a crap and laugh after a 30 point blowout. I have a picture that typifies this (and you would like it being a Steelers fan). It's a closeup of Hines Ward going in the end zone with his typical smug shown on his face. Behind him is a Bengals DB (Artrell Hawkins) with a huge smile on his face as well. The SOB just got burnt and is already laughing about it.

The Bengals have been through this crap before and have been fine. Both players realize they are at the end of their careers and being pouty will affect their post-NFL careers anyway. I'm more concerned with the offensive line and Palmer's elbow.
Ahhh c'mon ...post the pic! I need something to rev me up for this season after our shady off season!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football