U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2010, 06:13 PM

3,022 posts, read 4,532,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtundra View Post
Well I'm a Saint who dat, but Farve is as class act and one tough son of a gun. I'll pull for him, ecept whin they play the Saints Sure would like a rematch to see who goes to the Superbowl.
I hope Farve helps you out with that wish
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 09:40 PM

12,671 posts, read 21,082,181 times
He should have retired. Its not he is going to the SB. Also I don't think he is a HOF either.

Old 08-18-2010, 10:15 PM

1,815 posts, read 1,763,098 times
As a lifelong Packer fan, I am now relieved,overjoyed,and and at a state of peaceful tranquility now that Brett has returned to the Vikes.

We had to endure this yearly ritual of will the Brett Play for many years in Wisconsin, and we are glad the fans in Minnesota can now share in the ecstasy and rapture that Brett gave us in his yearly soap operas.

I want to make one thing clear-----Packer fans, myself included, will alway love Brett and are gratefrul for his many great years in GB----he did return the Pack to contention status every year.

That being said, we are now also pleased that Brett has brought Maalox moments to another football nation.

Thanks for the great memories Brett----you are a warrior, but you are also a great and renowned actor and thespian.

I suspect that although you announced today this positively will be your final season, that we will be going through the same drama and nonsense next year at this time------stay tuned folks.

Old 08-19-2010, 06:57 AM

5,806 posts, read 6,592,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision-Quest View Post
Brett Favre is just one of those guys. If you are not a fan of Brett Favre, than I like to shout; What's wrong with you!!!!! Brett Favre on sundays no matter what team lol is just something you have to watch! I don't know if I could live my life without seeing Brett Favre play football on my TV.
Excellent summation. It's obvious that Brett just loves playing football. He knows the risks that he faces as his body grows older. But his mind is still young.

Sure he has been wishy-washey and that has been frustrating. But the media has really blown this out of proportion, especially ESPN.

Brett is not coming back for the love of money, but for the love of the game. For that I respect him and will enjoy watching the Vikes play, even though I am not a fan of that team.

Old 08-19-2010, 07:59 AM

3,190 posts, read 4,651,797 times
Brett Farve is a spoiled jerk. A very talented spoiled jerk, but still is one.

I'm a Vikings fan who'll root for them whomever is behind center. I'll concede, as anyone with a tiny bit of football knowledge has to, that he is by far the best quarterback in camp.

This team is at it's peak in skill, experience, and athleticism. Trying to groom a young inexperienced quarterback right now would be counterproductive to the rest of the team. I'm glad they got him back for this one more year. If the Vikes don't make the Superbowl, let him go back to Mississippi permanently with a gold watch and make a serious effort to draft or trade for someone else. This could mean a year or two of TJ or Sage. So be it. At least the organization can get it's pride back by not having to kiss the BF prima donna's ass anymore.

I never really liked how this clown carried himself even with the Packers. Ego out of control.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:18 AM

9,807 posts, read 13,480,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
Brett Farve is a spoiled jerk. A very talented spoiled jerk, but still is one.

I'm a Vikings fan who'll root for them whomever is behind center. I'll concede, as anyone with a tiny bit of football knowledge has to, that he is by far the best quarterback in camp.

This team is at it's peak in skill, experience, and athleticism. Trying to groom a young inexperienced quarterback right now would be counterproductive to the rest of the team. I'm glad they got him back for this one more year. If the Vikes don't make the Superbowl, let him go back to Mississippi permanently with a gold watch and make a serious effort to draft or trade for someone else. This could mean a year or two of TJ or Sage. So be it. At least the organization can get it's pride back by not having to kiss the BF prima donna's ass anymore.

I never really liked how this clown carried himself even with the Packers. Ego out of control.
I agree with everything you said.......except........I think the Vikings should not have put their 2010 season on the shoulders of a QB that old.

The Favre saga will continue year after year til Favre's performance is embarassing. At that point the Vikings will be no better prepared to replace him as they are now.

The Vikings were desperate to have Favre return.

Does any sane person think that a year older and with more injuries Favre can match last years stats?

I don't.

( and as great as his stats were the Vikings only made it to the NFC Championship)

This is a franchise who actually made it to many Super Bowls.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:31 AM

3,022 posts, read 4,532,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
I agree with everything you said.......except........I think the Vikings should not have put their 2010 season on the shoulders of a QB that old.

The Favre saga will continue year after year til Favre's performance is embarassing. At that point the Vikings will be no better prepared to replace him as they are now.

The Vikings were desperate to have Favre return.

Does any sane person think that a year older and with more injuries Favre can match last years stats?

I don't.

( and as great as his stats were the Vikings only made it to the NFC Championship)

This is a franchise who actually made it to many Super Bowls.
Well I agree, I don't think he will have stats like last year, maybe just average...but I still like seeing him play and I WILL watch every game the 40 year old can start that my local station will allow. Superbowl...man I hope so, but I don't have as many expectaions. Im 42, hurt ankle like I mentioned, and I can even RUN to the mail box and back right now. Remeber, He cant take Vicodin anymore, as he was addicted to pain pills in the past, so he just has to endure it. I think this is admirable.

Old 08-19-2010, 12:42 PM

9,030 posts, read 16,455,999 times
please don't give this attention prostitute a farewell tour this season............

Old 08-19-2010, 02:35 PM

17,032 posts, read 26,909,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000Lakes View Post
So who do you think (QB wise) they are going to release? I sure hope they would get rid of TJ, but doesn't look like they will.
Good question. I hear the like the new kid as a development project. I still dont know how Tjak beats Sage for second string. Unless its because he is another Childress pet project. He may have the physicals, but above the neck its Sage...and thats what the Vikes need if not Farve, a decent game manager. Rumor is they are trying to trade Sage though.

Old 08-19-2010, 03:03 PM

21,389 posts, read 21,954,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Good question. I hear the like the new kid as a development project. I still dont know how Tjak beats Sage for second string. Unless its because he is another Childress pet project. He may have the physicals, but above the neck its Sage...and thats what the Vikes need if not Farve, a decent game manager. Rumor is they are trying to trade Sage though.
I would plan on both Sage and Tarvaris starting out as 2nd/3rd (3rd/2nd) string QBs.

Vikings are setting themselves up for a go for broke mentality given the upcoming CBA cluster, their commitment to Favre, several other vetarans long in the tooth and the stadium situation. I can't see Chilly relying on just one unproven stop-gap (Tarvaris or Sage) in case Favre goes down at some point.

I believe that the value for Sage would be no more than a 6th or 7th rounder and Chilly and the Vikings will feel the upside of having a "decent" 3rd string QB will outweigh the limited return they get for him (or Tarvaris) in a trade.

They will not likely keep 4 QBs on the 53 man roster because they are also apparently planning on keeping Rhys Lloyd to handle the kickoffs. Look for the Vikings to try and stash Joe Webb on the practice squad.

Everything will get blowed up after this year anyways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football