U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2010, 05:44 PM

3,022 posts, read 4,525,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
please don't give this attention prostitute a farewell tour this season............
why not? I wanna channel totally dedicated to FARVE...nah, maybe not but, I would tune in at least 3 times a week or so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 05:48 PM

17,032 posts, read 26,876,260 times
Ghengis I agree, this is the last year of 'the window' for a Super Bowl. Getting too old in many spots. And with the bargaining situation next year it may be ugly.

Old 08-19-2010, 06:42 PM

9,807 posts, read 13,457,708 times
Their best chance of winning it all was the 1969 season.

Who would have thought ,41 years later, we still are waiting.

Old 08-19-2010, 06:59 PM

3,022 posts, read 4,525,855 times
what about the year 1998 I think where you were superbowl bound until allstar kicker Morton Anderson missed the kick and Atlanta went on to lose the superbowl. That was Vikes best chance ever I thought...had vikes made that field goal, you guys probably beat Denver in the Superbowl.

Old 08-19-2010, 07:25 PM

1,261 posts, read 1,770,995 times
I was angry at Farve but no longer. Not after reading this article at CBS Sports

Don't blame Brett when he isn't beating the dead horse - NFL - CBSSports.com Football

Honestly, when there is not a game on. I'm just gonna ignore ESPN now.

Old 08-19-2010, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
what about the year 1998 I think where you were superbowl bound until allstar kicker Morton Anderson missed the kick and Atlanta went on to lose the superbowl. That was Vikes best chance ever I thought...had vikes made that field goal, you guys probably beat Denver in the Superbowl.
But, just like last year, they didn't even get to the Superbowl.

In 1970, they did play in the " big one" and were such heavy favorites I doubt many people in Kansas City thought the Chiefs would win.

Old 08-19-2010, 07:58 PM

51,928 posts, read 41,798,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000Lakes View Post
How does one game away from last years SB means he isn't 27 anymore? We all know that but the Vikes were ONE game away from the superbowl and lost that on OT. I just don't know what your point is? He's not 27 anymore, but his playing ability is better than many QB that are 27 now. Like Tavaris Jackson who fits that 27 age catagory, oh yea that would be just great.
Oh...I get it...you are one of the people that think the Vikings were a mediocre 7-9 team prior to Favre coming to the squad.

1/2 the starting QB's in this league that would have gotten them at least that far and I would point out that their late season collapse with losses to the Bears among others cost them home field.

Wow, he's better than Tavarius jackson is your defense of him? Ok...I'm speechless.

So, they beat a slumping Dallas team in the playoffs with a stacked team...if you are crowing about that then...oh wait Vikings fans....I forget low expectations.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:41 PM

21,320 posts, read 21,890,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltlantz View Post
I was angry at Farve but no longer. Not after reading this article at CBS Sports

Don't blame Brett when he isn't beating the dead horse - NFL - CBSSports.com Football

Honestly, when there is not a game on. I'm just gonna ignore ESPN now.
Well that's not very convenient thinking for rube fans that need their sports confined to wins or losses, success or failure, home or away, hero or villain. Much easier to babble tired cliches and put things in bold letters to emphasize imaginary points that have no relevance to any coherent thought.

It sure isn't convenient to bitter ex-jocks that didn't get theirs, were never-was, or are bitter about careers cut short and are all falling over each other to prove how much more clever they are than the hundred other fancy suits. The goal is to get a bit on Sports Center or just maybe, the chance to sit next to Chris Berman...Whooop! Hey and if they have to report on something, might as well read someone's tweet and call it an inside source. Who cares, everybody else is doing it and they gotta be first.

The thing with Favre is that it's hard for him to motivate himself to get off the couch and go to work, which actually sounds like me pretty much every morning.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:31 PM

1,815 posts, read 1,759,260 times
I am sure Brett has quieted down all the angst and attention with the latest rumors today that he doesnt trust Childress and believes he knows the offense better.

Vike fans----hes all yours----I loved the guy during his years with our Pack, but we are happy that he is now causing the soap opera and tender moments in Minnesota. Before Brett is through Vike fans you will have many more occasions to enjoy the ebb and flow that causes your stomach to pulsate to almost ulcer like proportions with Bretts antics.

The guy is a warrior---always has been-----just enjoy the nonsense and theatrics that go along with it.

Old 08-20-2010, 06:26 AM

If Favre's season doesn't go well, he'll find someone to pin the blame on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football