U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-21-2010, 08:50 AM
 
Location: Sioux Falls, SD area
3,176 posts, read 4,639,644 times
Reputation: 5344

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
If Favre's season doesn't go well, he'll find someone to pin the blame on.
Of that, nearly everyone posting on this thread, will have to agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-21-2010, 10:15 AM
 
Location: Houston, TX
17,032 posts, read 26,876,260 times
Reputation: 16190
As hopeful as I am, there are lots of injured guys this preseason, and they play a lot of physical teams. Not going to be a cake walk this year...10-6 very realistic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2010, 11:45 AM
 
51,934 posts, read 41,798,494 times
Reputation: 32402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
As hopeful as I am, there are lots of injured guys this preseason, and they play a lot of physical teams. Not going to be a cake walk this year...10-6 very realistic.
Jets: Last 5 games of season....1-4 missing playoffs in huge collapse
Vikings: Last 5 games of season 2-3 losing home field advantage

People can make all the excuses they want...point to injuries etc. but that's part of the game.

16 games wears on the body but hey...he's ironman righ? LMAO....wait for the Vikes to play him and play him and the body to give out around week 11...again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2010, 02:13 PM
 
Location: Midwestern Dystopia
2,371 posts, read 3,058,795 times
Reputation: 2962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Jets: Last 5 games of season....1-4 missing playoffs in huge collapse
Vikings: Last 5 games of season 2-3 losing home field advantage

People can make all the excuses they want...point to injuries etc. but that's part of the game.

16 games wears on the body but hey...he's ironman righ? LMAO....wait for the Vikes to play him and play him and the body to give out around week 11...again.
don't you know, he decides when and if he comes out. That all came out last year, childress wanted to pull him many times but brett's gotta stay in, despite what he's always said it is about the stats and numbers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2010, 02:14 PM
 
Location: Midwestern Dystopia
2,371 posts, read 3,058,795 times
Reputation: 2962
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
If Favre's season doesn't go well, he'll find someone to pin the blame on.
and don't forget, he's got the ankle too. Last year it was the biceps tendon. He always has the built in excuse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2010, 02:18 PM
 
Location: Midwestern Dystopia
2,371 posts, read 3,058,795 times
Reputation: 2962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Oh...I get it...you are one of the people that think the Vikings were a mediocre 7-9 team prior to Favre coming to the squad.

1/2 the starting QB's in this league that would have gotten them at least that far and I would point out that their late season collapse with losses to the Bears among others cost them home field.

Wow, he's better than Tavarius jackson is your defense of him? Ok...I'm speechless.

So, they beat a slumping Dallas team in the playoffs with a stacked team...if you are crowing about that then...oh wait Vikings fans....I forget low expectations.
the vikings were a PO team the year before he got there with T Jack as their QB

heck, you can say the same thing about the Jets too~! And the Jets then start a rookie QB after he left (becuase he was retiring and got his free release) and what happens to the Jets.

people also forget that the Vikings were the undisputed pick to win the NFC North before he got there. they're actually a good team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2010, 02:21 PM
 
9,807 posts, read 13,457,708 times
Reputation: 8158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
don't you know, he decides when and if he comes out. That all came out last year, childress wanted to pull him many times but brett's gotta stay in, despite what he's always said it is about the stats and numbers.
Yup, Childress is just the yo-yo and Favre controls it.

It was sickening for this lifetime Viking fan to hear in the twin cities media of Childress sprinting off the practice field constantly to get updates on whether Favre would board the plane that brought him back.

Sickening to hear the media say Childress wouldn't tell Viking players why 3 key players were missing from practice cuz they flew down on the corporate jet to beg Favre to return with them.

The whole saga is sickening.

Excuse me while I barf.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2010, 02:27 PM
 
Location: Midwestern Dystopia
2,371 posts, read 3,058,795 times
Reputation: 2962
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Yup, Childress is just the yo-yo and Favre controls it.

It was sickening for this lifetime Viking fan to hear in the twin cities media of Childress sprinting off the practice field constantly to get updates on whether Favre would board the plane that brought him back.

Sickening to hear the media say Childress wouldn't tell Viking players why 3 key players were missing from practice cuz they flew down on the corporate jet to beg Favre to return with them.

The whole saga is sickening.

Excuse me while I barf.
and they made their asst. coaches lie about it as well, "ah, they're practicing inside today"

they had to know it'd come out so why put your staff in that position?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2010, 03:21 PM
 
Location: Sioux Falls, SD area
3,176 posts, read 4,639,644 times
Reputation: 5344
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Yup, Childress is just the yo-yo and Favre controls it.

It was sickening for this lifetime Viking fan to hear in the twin cities media of Childress sprinting off the practice field constantly to get updates on whether Favre would board the plane that brought him back.

Sickening to hear the media say Childress wouldn't tell Viking players why 3 key players were missing from practice cuz they flew down on the corporate jet to beg Favre to return with them.

The whole saga is sickening.

Excuse me while I barf.
I'll hold your barf bag if you'll hold mine.

Truthfully, I hope this is Favre's last year. No matter what.

Go fishing for some catfish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2010, 09:01 PM
 
51,934 posts, read 41,798,494 times
Reputation: 32402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
the vikings were a PO team the year before he got there with T Jack as their QB

heck, you can say the same thing about the Jets too~! And the Jets then start a rookie QB after he left (becuase he was retiring and got his free release) and what happens to the Jets.

people also forget that the Vikings were the undisputed pick to win the NFC North before he got there. they're actually a good team.
Aaron Rodgers would have had the vikes in the superbowl last year. Favre is just flat out OLD and falls apart as the season wears on.

So many guys out there with Peter Pan syndrome thinking Favre is 26 and league MVP....but hey, it's all just hillarious to watch the Vikes **** away a real chance at a superbowl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top