U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2010, 08:36 AM

2,369 posts, read 3,057,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Apparently Coach Payton thinks this year is Lose Dat judging from his bone-headed use of his time out to freeze the Atlanta kicker. Lose Dat's horseshoe now on the other foot. All is not rosey in the BigEasy with Brees deciding to throw Hartley under the bus.

Who dat nation = 1 Lombardi Trophy

Viking land = none

nuff said....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2010, 09:55 PM

42 posts, read 136,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Miserable stats for Favre. Favre just does not have what it takes to win. No playoffs for the Vikings this year.
I doubt they'll get to the Bowl, but it's still early in the season. Favre is always full of surprises.

Old 10-04-2010, 04:23 PM

1,113 posts, read 1,945,589 times
Pants on the Ground Version 2, at best.

Brett sure is good at throwing interceptions.

Old 10-07-2010, 01:03 PM

Default brett favre's cellphone seduction of jenn sterger - Deadspin.com

Brett Favre's Cellphone Seduction Of Jenn Sterger

brett favres cellphone seduction of jenn sterger, ---- with 2 voice mails

yes, it's his voice.

and a Jet's PR person most likely acted as liason

Did A Jets PR Person Act As Liaison Between Brett Favre And Jenn Sterger?

Old 10-08-2010, 05:59 PM

Default Two more women who worked for Jets received lewd texts from Favre

Sources: Two More Women Who Worked With Jets Received Lewd Texts From Favre

This is about to get worse. It appears Jenn Sterger wasn't the only woman who received unwanted and inappropriate text messages from Brett Favre while he played for the Jets. Favre also pursued two team massage therapists, according to one of the women.
The woman (who wishes to remain anonymous for now we'll call her "Mandy") worked as a massage therapist for the team for a couple years, but she says never had an incident with a player until No. 4 showed up at training camp at Hofstra University, where the Jets still worked out in 2008. "He was on the table next to mine," she tells me. "He was looking at my ass the whole time while I worked on another player. He was ... ogling me."
The woman who was massaging Brett that day (massage therapist No. 2, or "Lindsay") exchanged numbers with him. (Mandy claims it's common for players to take the numbers of team-contracted massage therapists should they need additional rubdowns off campus. Yeah, I know. Please don't.)
Lindsay received a text message from Favre, according to Mandy. Lindsay assumed it was for a massage but quickly realized Brett was asking for more. He invited both Lindsay and Mandy back to his hotel room. Mandy claims that the texts became increasingly inappropriate ("just nasty stuff"), but she adds that Brett did apologize when he found out she was married.
This apology over text, however, wasn't enough for Mandy's husband. We'll call him "John".
"I called him on his phone and told him I wanted an apology. He acted all arrogant. He refused to apologize," John tells me in a phone conversation.
Mandy and John say they approached attorneys about the situation but were told that because Mandy was a private contractor, there were no grounds for a harassment case. They didn't pursue anything.
But, after reading the story in the New York Post this morning, they decided to come forward with their story. Mandy's husband John reached out both to Deadspin and the Post. They don't want to reveal their names just yet, John says, and they "don't want photographers on their front lawn." But they said they're still considering going public with it. First, they want to talk to the NFL and the Jets. They gave me permission to pass along their info to the team, which I did. If someone from the NFL wants to reach out to them, they'll talk to someone there, too.
Also? Mandy says she and Lindsay still have some of the text messages.

Old 10-08-2010, 07:33 PM

16,522 posts, read 20,966,979 times
The only reason I'm letting this post stand is the New York Post link. If that wasn't included in this story this post and Badger's previous two posts would have been deleted. The reason I'm saying this is that the same subject that came up in another Favre thread that I deleted in early August called "Brett Favre to be put on sex offender registry." (which is one of the reasons why I made this thread a 'sticky"). My take on Deadspin being a reliable internet news source has been stated before. I'll give this story a couple days. If there isn't credible news coverage on this story by credible national news sources, the posts come down.

Old 10-08-2010, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
The only reason I'm letting this post stand is the New York Post link. If that wasn't included in this story this post and Badger's previous two posts would have been deleted. The reason I'm saying this is that the same subject that came up in another Favre thread that I deleted in early August called "Brett Favre to be put on sex offender registry." (which is one of the reasons why I made this thread a 'sticky"). My take on Deadspin being a reliable internet news source has been stated before. I'll give this story a couple days. If there isn't credible news coverage on this story by credible national news sources, the posts come down.
how about espn? are they credible enough? are they national? I almost said no when you said ESPN. I still remember them going 7 hours non stop in early August on that Brett Favre story that turned out to be a false alarm. ESPN and ESPN news went simulcast for several hours and ESPN 2 talked to every fb analyst from Ron Jaworski to Mark Schlereth toTom Jackson to umpteen other people. And all other sports related stories got shelved until later that evening. An ESPN/Brett Favre globfest/lovefest. And actually this thread got started because of this issue-check posts 1 through 40 or so. Don't get me started with ESPN.

NFL reviewing allegations of racy Brett Favre messages - ESPN

it's out now and there's no going back. And it's not just about infidelity, Jenn Sterger was an employee of the Jets and the NFL is investigating sexual harrassment.

and of couse there are two more coming forward, the two massage therapists as well.

Later Friday, Deadspin reported that Favre also pursued two female massage therapists who worked part-time for the team, according to one of the women. Deadspin did not identify the women, but a Jets spokesman said the team has contact information for the two women and was giving that information to the league. The Jets spokesman requested anonymity because the NFL investigation is ongoing.

this first came to light in August but espn protected him, but now that the NFL is investigating and released their own statement they have no choice but to at least report it.

here's ABC news reporting it, big enough? I hope so.

NFL Looking Into Favre Allegations - ABC News

here's profootballtalk, a partner with NBC talking about it

NFL confirms review of Brett Favre-Jenn Sterger matter | ProFootballTalk.com

here's NESN, the largest sports outlet in the NorthEast

NFL Investigating Brett Favre's Alleged Misbehavior While Member of Jets - NFL - NESN.com

here's the Bleacher report
Brett Favre, Jenn Sterger, New York Jets: Freaky-Deeky in a NFL Front Office? | Bleacher Report

(edit)

The original story you posted was over two months ago. I kept a good look at it for the next several days and nobody had anything on it except Deadspin. I felt it needed to go because of that. In this case, I read your post maybe 15 minutes after it came up on the board and there was nothing on there regarding these newer links you just provided. But the New York Post link provided a little credibility. After I finished post #256, I double checked, nothing came up. I did notice that the story was only 15 minutes as well. I don't want to spend all afternoon on this guy.

Of course the new sources are credible, that is what I wanted for this post to be valid, and like I said the posts will stand. My opinion about Deadspin remains the same, let others draw their own conclusions. We'll see what the NFL does about it.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 10-08-2010 at 10:41 PM..

Old 10-10-2010, 11:08 AM

664 posts, read 1,753,959 times
Oh Brett, you can do so much better than massage therapists!

Old 10-10-2010, 04:08 PM

21,318 posts, read 21,877,253 times
Maybe Favre probably figures his best chance to get into the Packer's ring of honor is to be brought up on some type of sordid charges since it worked so well for Mark Chmura and hot tub tryst with his 17 year old baby-sitter.

Old 10-10-2010, 06:55 PM

The original story you posted was over two months ago. I kept a good look at it for the next several days and nobody had anything on it except Deadspin. I felt it needed to go because of that. In this case, I read your post maybe 15 minutes after it came up on the board and there was nothing on there regarding these newer links you just provided. But the New York Post link provided a little credibility. After I finished post #256, I double checked, nothing came up. I did notice that the story was only 15 minutes as well. I don't want to spend all afternoon on this guy.

Of course the new sources are credible, that is what I wanted for this post to be valid, and like I said the posts will stand. My opinion about Deadspin remains the same, let others draw their own conclusions. We'll see what the NFL does about it.

fair enough , thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football