U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2010, 07:05 PM

9,807 posts, read 13,459,882 times

Advertisements

regarding Brett Favre--------I'm certainly no fan of the drama he created and how the Vikings facilitated his drama.

Regarding the accusations, I will take the same stance as George Stepanopulous did when rumors about Bull Clinton first surfaced.

(George S was a loyal Clinton man then)

The loyal followers were screaming-------" lies, lies"
His oponents were screaming--------" get him, get him "

George S just said in a soft,sad voice---------" I hope they are not true "

Kinda my stance on Favre.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2010, 07:21 PM

2,371 posts, read 3,059,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Maybe Favre probably figures his best chance to get into the Packer's ring of honor is to be brought up on some type of sordid charges since it worked so well for Mark Chmura and hot tub tryst with his 17 year old baby-sitter.
you really need to stop spouting off about the Packers b/c you keep proving you know very little about them. You seem almost consumed by them? maybe like so many Minnesota residents you were a fan of the Pack before you had your own team?

chumura isn't up on the ring of honor: fact
and he never will be.

he was inducted into the Packer HOF but there's little requirement today for that. Most fans were, in fact, against that as referenced by the quotes to the story about his emminent induction to said Packer HOF here:

Chmura to be inducted to Packers Hall of Fame | ProFootballTalk.com

like this one here:

Wow!!!!
I just looked up his stats after I called him average or medicore (can't remember, my first post isn't up yet) based on my memory. I guess that was a compliment.
The guy only scored TDs in 3 of his seven seasons (only 17 career TDs). His "career year" was 54 catches for 679 yards and 7 TDs. For his career he averaged 2.1 catches and 25 yards a game. There areback up TEs with more impressive stats than that. And that was with Favre getting him the ball. He probably would have been worse with another QB.
Add a sex scandal on top of a pedestrian career and he should have to pay full admission to visit the Packers HOF, not be inducted into it.

and Oh the irony of a Vi-queens fan spouting off about morality of football players, Remember the Love Boat on Lake Minnetonka? I mean really, the team bought/bRought a bunch of hookers out onto some boats for some good ol' fashion "minnesota nice" fun.

vikings love boat incident - Google Search

I know it's tough, so many minnesotans loved the Pack before they had their own team and b/c they are an annual losing team, underacheivers and 0-4 in Super Bowls (you know, that trophey that's named the Lombardi Trophey, not the Grant Trophey) you're all conflicted. It's understandable. The rage surfaces from time to time - I'm used to seeing it.

anywho, as much as I love schooling you on these matters you should probably just stop so I don't have to embarass you anymore.

have a nice day.

Old 10-11-2010, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
you really need to stop spouting off about the Packers b/c you keep proving you know very little about them. You seem almost consumed by them? maybe like so many Minnesota residents you were a fan of the Pack before you had your own team?

chumura isn't up on the ring of honor: fact
and he never will be.

he was inducted into the Packer HOF but there's little requirement today for that. Most fans were, in fact, against that as referenced by the quotes to the story about his emminent induction to said Packer HOF here:

Chmura to be inducted to Packers Hall of Fame | ProFootballTalk.com

like this one here:

Wow!!!!
I just looked up his stats after I called him average or medicore (can't remember, my first post isn't up yet) based on my memory. I guess that was a compliment.
The guy only scored TDs in 3 of his seven seasons (only 17 career TDs). His "career year" was 54 catches for 679 yards and 7 TDs. For his career he averaged 2.1 catches and 25 yards a game. There areback up TEs with more impressive stats than that. And that was with Favre getting him the ball. He probably would have been worse with another QB.
Add a sex scandal on top of a pedestrian career and he should have to pay full admission to visit the Packers HOF, not be inducted into it.

and Oh the irony of a Vi-queens fan spouting off about morality of football players, Remember the Love Boat on Lake Minnetonka? I mean really, the team bought/bRought a bunch of hookers out onto some boats for some good ol' fashion "minnesota nice" fun.

vikings love boat incident - Google Search

I know it's tough, so many minnesotans loved the Pack before they had their own team and b/c they are an annual losing team, underacheivers and 0-4 in Super Bowls (you know, that trophey that's named the Lombardi Trophey, not the Grant Trophey) you're all conflicted. It's understandable. The rage surfaces from time to time - I'm used to seeing it.

anywho, as much as I love schooling you on these matters you should probably just stop so I don't have to embarass you anymore.

have a nice day.
---and 0-4 in Super Bowls----

And their participation in Super Bowls happened before most of the Favre worshippers were born.

I base my observation on how " giddy" Viking fans got that Brett Favre had an amazing season and almost got them to the Super Bowl.

As a fan who has attended a Viking game the first year they were in Met Stadium, I don't get " giddy" when they almost make it to the Super Bowl.

Been there, done that ( meaning the Vikings have made it 4 times)

Time for Viking fans to raise expectations higher to winning a Super Bowl.

Old 10-11-2010, 01:36 PM
YAZ

7,075 posts, read 11,845,555 times
Did y'all know that the Vikings almost became an AFL team?

'Tis true.

The NFL wooed 'em over to their side.

Old 10-11-2010, 04:18 PM

909 posts, read 2,705,125 times
I seriously think that tonight will be a Brett Favre classic. I'm not backing down from this thought ever, this is going to be a special game.

Old 10-11-2010, 05:07 PM

As KSTP TV ( who is carrying the game tonight ) stated---------" Be sure to tune here and watch Brett Favre and Randy Moss take on the Jets "

I hope they brought the rest of the team.

Old 10-11-2010, 05:35 PM

2,371 posts, read 3,059,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
---and 0-4 in Super Bowls----

And their participation in Super Bowls happened before most of the Favre worshippers were born.

I base my observation on how " giddy" Viking fans got that Brett Favre had an amazing season and almost got them to the Super Bowl.

As a fan who has attended a Viking game the first year they were in Met Stadium, I don't get " giddy" when they almost make it to the Super Bowl.

Been there, done that ( meaning the Vikings have made it 4 times)

Time for Viking fans to raise expectations higher to winning a Super Bowl.
a sensible viking fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
As KSTP TV ( who is carrying the game tonight ) stated---------" Be sure to tune here and watch Brett Favre and Randy Moss take on the Jets "

I hope they brought the rest of the team.
yeah, no kidding. but it's all about personalities and individuals today, espn started that. espn's pregame is back to fawning all over him. expected.

they're showing brett go back and pass and moss catch a td in the endzone in a vikings uniform like they've already scored together! espn just can't wait so they've manufactured their own highlight.

Old 10-11-2010, 06:01 PM

1,238 posts, read 1,961,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Maybe Favre probably figures his best chance to get into the Packer's ring of honor is to be brought up on some type of sordid charges since it worked so well for Mark Chmura and hot tub tryst with his 17 year old baby-sitter.

Had to go back far enough to dredge up Chewy? Come on g, you're better than that. I did hear Wrangler is dropping the 'ol gunslinger but T-Mobile has an idea for him.

Old 10-11-2010, 06:11 PM

48,516 posts, read 83,943,432 times
With the women followwers of sports figures I really doubt that mnay will be shocked by this .

Old 10-11-2010, 06:23 PM

21,320 posts, read 21,890,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookieboy View Post
Had to go back far enough to dredge up Chewy? Come on g, you're better than that. I did hear Wrangler is dropping the 'ol gunslinger but T-Mobile has an idea for him.
Not too far really, as his Packer honor just happened. They had to wait an appropriate time to try and sneak him in I guess. Hey I could have brought up Mossy Cade. Wouldn't want anyone to think we haven't had our laughs on this side of the river.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football