U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2010, 12:25 PM

52,095 posts, read 41,903,893 times

Advertisements

#30 passer rating in the league.
2nd highest rate of interception only Matt Moore is throwing them more often.

Every 18 passes is an interception.

But this isn't the bad part. The bad part is that Favre is playing hurt and everyone knows it....and isn't performing....and he won't sit and they won't force him to. This is unforgivable to an organization and to the player that they have pretty much wrecked a return to the playoffs out of stubborness and stupidity.

It's the exact same thing he did with the Jets. Played fine, got hurt and drove that team into the ground and out of the playoffs.

A smart move would have been to rest him and play the backups. Vikes would be on top of the division right now...bring Favre back around week 9 etc. fresh and healthy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 12:58 PM

3,129 posts, read 5,315,572 times
I asked some lady friends about what Favre did and they said they aren't exactly excited to receive pics of an old mans balls.

Old 10-25-2010, 01:01 PM

2,373 posts, read 3,063,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Not only did he throw an interception that was returned for a TD, just before that he threw an interception that in a few plays resulted for a TD. At least 14 points scored by Green Bay came off Favre being picked off. How bad does it have to get before they sit him down.
this has been going on his whole career. It's nothing new. It's not the ankle, the elbow or even the bicep tendon. I've never in my life seen a professional athlete talk so much about his injuries. I was listening to Jim Rome the other day and he is very suspicious, saying whenever you ask athletes about their injuries they give a short answer and change the subject, they don't like to talk about injuries but this guy drones on and on and on about them. It's a ready made excuse for him.

I'll go so far as to say that I don't think he's as injured as he says he is. I'll go so far as to say I think he's actually acting in part out there. Troy Aikman said last week that the way he was throwing the ball in practise on Friday his elbow looked just fine.

This guy is a drama queen to the max, I bet he's faking alot of it, the constant elbow bending and the limping.

Old 10-25-2010, 01:33 PM

9,807 posts, read 13,480,667 times
---limping---

He sure was limping a lot worse after the game when the TV cameras were on him than during the game.

I also think he craves sympathy as long as it gets him publicity.

Old 10-25-2010, 04:40 PM

KSTP TV reported Favre has a stress frcture in his heel and is in a boot cast.

And still Coach Childress says its a day to day decision if Favre will start Sunday.

Old 10-25-2010, 06:55 PM

2,373 posts, read 3,063,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
KSTP TV reported Favre has a stress frcture in his heel and is in a boot cast.

And still Coach Childress says its a day to day decision if Favre will start Sunday.
if Brent gets wind of an NFL suspension forthcoming he'll pull himself out due to his convienent menagere of injuries he's been complaining about for the last 2.5 seasons.

He's not gonna give Commish. Badell the right to pull him out, the first line of every single story written about him after he finally does retire will be about the iron man streak that was stopped due to being found guilty of sexual harrassment.

It's his biggest claim to fame (the streak) and he's not willingly going to let it be tarnished by SH claims.

Old 10-25-2010, 07:41 PM

52,095 posts, read 41,903,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
if Brent gets wind of an NFL suspension forthcoming he'll pull himself out due to his convienent menagere of injuries he's been complaining about for the last 2.5 seasons.

He's not gonna give Commish. Badell the right to pull him out, the first line of every single story written about him after he finally does retire will be about the iron man streak that was stopped due to being found guilty of sexual harrassment.

It's his biggest claim to fame (the streak) and he's not willingly going to let it be tarnished by SH claims.
Yep. He will go out there and lose 10 more games for the vikings if it keeps his streak alive.

Old 10-25-2010, 09:13 PM

4,969 posts, read 7,327,988 times
Favre makes me furious. Wonder if he's concussed, his decision making on the field this year has been brutal....

Old 10-26-2010, 07:38 AM

3,022 posts, read 4,532,697 times
Two fractures in his Ankle, add to that a severe sprain, 1 operation, on it. Oh and tendonitis...holy heck, I wouldnt even show up to my sales job with all that...Id probably sit around in my recliner and ***** to my wife how much it hurts

Old 10-26-2010, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Two fractures in his Ankle, add to that a severe sprain, 1 operation, on it. Oh and tendonitis...holy heck, I wouldnt even show up to my sales job with all that...Id probably sit around in my recliner and ***** to my wife how much it hurts
But if Brett Favre did that, the media would quit making him the center of attraction.

I doubt Favre could deal with the media ignoring him in retirement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football