U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2010, 01:51 PM

51,993 posts, read 41,835,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
if the league does suspend him (which I doubt they will), then the record stops and he can retire after this season, especially if Vikes don't make the playoffs...no reason to come back. Does he have a one year contract?
The only way the Vikes make the playoffs at this point is if iFarve isn't playing and then they get really really lucky. So I don't see a playoff visit for the vikes AND an intact streak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2010, 04:15 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,065,022 times
He should have retired after Green Bay...I think everybody pretty much liked and respected him then...I know I did, and I still respect his years of playing, successes, etc. I so remember the game he played right after his Dad died...that was incredible. But one has to know when to fold 'em. He's a sure Hall of Famer, so why spoil his legacy? Course, it's sports and we do forgive and forget when it comes to the great ones.

Old 11-07-2010, 10:08 PM

14,586 posts, read 22,434,680 times
Brett Favre will never ever ever retire and he will never ever ever die!

Old 11-08-2010, 07:32 PM

5,990 posts, read 11,573,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
He should have retired after Green Bay...I think everybody pretty much liked and respected him then...I know I did, and I still respect his years of playing, successes, etc. I so remember the game he played right after his Dad died...that was incredible. But one has to know when to fold 'em. He's a sure Hall of Famer, so why spoil his legacy? Course, it's sports and we do forgive and forget when it comes to the great ones.
You're a Packer fan, right? Favre played out of his mind last year.

Old 11-09-2010, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoopilot View Post
Favre can still play pretty well, it's the question of age\injury\recovery time.
As the season wore on, he generally declined....culminating in a number of losses that meant having to play the NFC championship game on someone elses field. Additionally he was on a team loaded with talent, an arguably better team that TJ had the previous year and they managed 1 more win.

So, currently I'm not remotely scared of iFavre and am glad he and Childress are still around so as to improve my Bears chances in their meetings next week and then later on.

Old 11-15-2010, 07:20 AM

1,939 posts, read 3,985,501 times
He looks old and tired.........

Old 11-15-2010, 07:53 AM

3,022 posts, read 4,528,318 times
watching Shannon Sharp and Bradshaw mimic favre balling at the press conference was the best part of Sundays football experience, this guys crying is REALLY getting to me. I used to have HUGE fanlike respect, as you might notice by earlier posts, I mean this guy really got a pass from me, but now that Im a fan of the Vickings and not just a Favre fan, I need him to go away.

Old 11-15-2010, 02:15 PM

2,372 posts, read 3,060,664 times
seriously, I can't remember an althlete talk so much aobut his "injuries" to the media. Jim Rome was saying how they (athletes) are almost always reluctant to talk about thier injuries, if they say something it's a short comment and they more on if they talk at all. but this guy just goes on and on and on.

what a drama (vi)queen.

Old 11-15-2010, 04:36 PM

9,807 posts, read 13,466,228 times
Quote:
Yup, and Favre even said before this season started that a repeat of last year by him would be impossible.

And where did that amazing season get us?
Finally a Super Bowl Championship ?

Nope..............almost an NFC Championship !

You gullible folks thought an aging drama queen (Favre) was all that was needed to finally bring a Super Bowl Championship to Minnesota.

Old 11-15-2010, 06:37 PM

Quote:
He was on a stacked Vikes team and played great until the season wore on and then wobbled badly down the stretch like he did with the Jets.

This year he STARTED hurt and the Vikes had some other personnel issues and injuries and voila.

Healthy he can still do some damage but hurt....not so much and 40yo in the NFL is going to be hurt a lot.

Oh well, hopefully the Packers don't beat him up too much...Bears still need him to contribute to another win this season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football