U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2010, 07:32 PM

2,371 posts, read 3,059,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
He was on a stacked Vikes team and played great until the season wore on and then wobbled badly down the stretch like he did with the Jets.

This year he STARTED hurt and the Vikes had some other personnel issues and injuries and voila.

Healthy he can still do some damage but hurt....not so much and 40yo in the NFL is going to be hurt a lot.

Oh well, hopefully the Packers don't beat him up too much...Bears still need him to contribute to another win this season.
dude, they got one more win with favre than 2 seasons ago with Tavaris Jackson as their QB. One more win.

16million dollars for a guy that gave them one more win than Tavaris Jackson.

And all this hoopla for a guy that is 30th in QB rating. Seriously. And this year they actually gave him a raise to 20 million. 20million for winning one more game than Tavaris Jackson and 30th in QB rating. No wonder the viqueens have never won a super bowl.

you're falling for the injury thing.

vikes have injuries? have you heard about the eleven packers on IR? should we go down the list of starters lost for the season?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2010, 06:59 AM

51,949 posts, read 41,806,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
dude, they got one more win with favre than 2 seasons ago with Tavaris Jackson as their QB. One more win.

16million dollars for a guy that gave them one more win than Tavaris Jackson.

And all this hoopla for a guy that is 30th in QB rating. Seriously. And this year they actually gave him a raise to 20 million. 20million for winning one more game than Tavaris Jackson and 30th in QB rating. No wonder the viqueens have never won a super bowl.

you're falling for the injury thing.

vikes have injuries? have you heard about the eleven packers on IR? should we go down the list of starters lost for the season?
Badger...if you scroll up this thread or some of the others around here I've said very similar things.

Injuries are not an excuse, they are a part of the game and the predominant reason guys can no longer be effective in the NFL as they inhibit performance.

Favre had some very strong games last year but fell apart under the wear of 16 games JUST LIKE HE DID WITH THE JETS.

So dude, they like were doing a lot better than with TJ last year until they tanked a bunch of games near the end...including the loss to my Bears that cost them home field vs. New Orleans.

I've logically laid out my opinion and yes, the Packers mass of guys on IR has certainly cost them a win or so....but they should know better than to fans sit on their laps for pictures. Femurs can only take something like 500lbs. of weight each.

Old 11-22-2010, 05:51 PM

so he floats out there that he may have to see ortho. surgeon Dr. James Andrews about his shoulder and a few days later, according to Troy Aikman, Favre says he "threw the ball in practice the best he's thrown it in 5 years"! Which one is it Brent?

what a diva!

and he's admitted to the voice mails, and admitted to sending Jenn Sterger text msgs. but no pics. sure brent, we all believe you....

Old 11-22-2010, 06:28 PM

Quote:
so he floats out there that he may have to see ortho. surgeon Dr. James Andrews about his shoulder and a few days later, according to Troy Aikman, Favre says he "threw the ball in practice the best he's thrown it in 5 years"! Which one is it Brent?

what a diva!

and he's admitted to the voice mails, and admitted to sending Jenn Sterger text msgs. but no pics. sure brent, we all believe you....
I'd heard similar things about him 10+ years ago from my Packer fan co-worker. I'm surprised more gals haven't come out of the woodwork.

Old 11-23-2010, 09:35 AM

3,441 posts, read 5,003,998 times
You mean that you guys are not going to but the current Brett Favre above Michael Vick???

Old 11-23-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
You mean that you guys are not going to but the current Brett Favre above Michael Vick???
I have no comment on either of their butts.

Old 12-05-2010, 11:45 AM

23,647 posts, read 33,439,851 times
Favre has left the football field. Has a shoulder injury from a hit.

Old 12-05-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Favre has left the football field. Has a shoulder injury from a hit.
and T-Jack leads them to 31 first half points!

hmmmmmm......

Old 12-05-2010, 08:00 PM

Quote:
and T-Jack leads them to 31 first half points!

hmmmmmm......
LOL. The vikings are lead by morons. Starting an injured Favre over and over and over with 50pt. passer rating games......thanks for taking the year off and making it easier for the other teams.

Sadly, my bears have to play them without Chilly and probably Favre in a few weeks. Might actually be the REAL vikes. lol

Old 12-06-2010, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
LOL. The vikings are lead by morons. Starting an injured Favre over and over and over with 50pt. passer rating games......thanks for taking the year off and making it easier for the other teams.

Sadly, my bears have to play them without Chilly and probably Favre in a few weeks. Might actually be the REAL vikes. lol
a few weeks ago he was 31st in QB rating, all this "hub-ub" for such a loser.

I know t-jack isn't under contract for next year but I'm just amazed they don't want to give him a run of game to see what he can do. It can't get any worse.

favre only led them to one more victory than t-jack last year anyway, it just blows my mind that they don't want to give him more of a shot. He's never had a fair chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football