U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 06:47 AM

52,179 posts, read 41,981,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
a few weeks ago he was 31st in QB rating, all this "hub-ub" for such a loser.

I know t-jack isn't under contract for next year but I'm just amazed they don't want to give him a run of game to see what he can do. It can't get any worse.

favre only led them to one more victory than t-jack last year anyway, it just blows my mind that they don't want to give him more of a shot. He's never had a fair chance.
1) I thought T-jack had a full season and got them to the playoffs. I wonder where he'd be with 2 more seasons of experience under his belt.

2) Sounds like Favre will be playing this weekend. That answers my question about who has been making these horrible "play favre" decisions and it has to be coming from the guys above the coach. The Giants have to be flipping cartwheels right now...hopefully my Bears will get to play Favre in a few weeks too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2010, 09:26 AM

2,374 posts, read 3,067,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
1) I thought T-jack had a full season and got them to the playoffs. I wonder where he'd be with 2 more seasons of experience under his belt.

2) Sounds like Favre will be playing this weekend. That answers my question about who has been making these horrible "play favre" decisions and it has to be coming from the guys above the coach. The Giants have to be flipping cartwheels right now...hopefully my Bears will get to play Favre in a few weeks too.
correct, if anything, at least he'd give them a running prescence. He does not throw the ball any worse than Favre.

Old 12-13-2010, 03:07 PM

Location: I live in the Seattle neighborhood of Belltown. I live in a nice building called Mosler Lofts.
174 posts, read 521,435 times
I just want Brett Favre to retire because I am sick and tired of hearing about him. He should have retired at the end of last year.

Old 12-13-2010, 04:01 PM

5,990 posts, read 11,598,030 times
Brett Favre has been inactivated for this game. The Streak is dead. Hopefully Favre will retire immediately instead of coming back next week. T-Jack gives them the best chance to win.

Old 12-13-2010, 04:54 PM

20,942 posts, read 39,293,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoopilot View Post
Brett Favre has been inactivated for this game. The Streak is dead. Hopefully Favre will retire immediately instead of coming back next week. T-Jack gives them the best chance to win.
Just saw the news on Yahoo, here's the link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AtD_nk_M3YFEI.QFIS0SjB5DubYF?slug=ap-vikings-favre - broken link).
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 12-14-2010, 04:42 AM

19,922 posts, read 10,004,477 times
This guy is truly a piece of crap. Check out what he did immediately after announcing he wasn't going to play:

"Favre also found a way to cash in on the end of the streak. Profootballtalk.com noted that shortly after the quarterback was ruled ineligible for the game, his official website began selling autographed footballs commemorating the streak for $499.99 each."

I checked his website and there it is, along with a whole lot of other Brett Favre "junk" (you should pardon the expression) for sale.

Old 12-14-2010, 09:24 AM

3,022 posts, read 4,537,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
This guy is truly a piece of crap. Check out what he did immediately after announcing he wasn't going to play:

"Favre also found a way to cash in on the end of the streak. Profootballtalk.com noted that shortly after the quarterback was ruled ineligible for the game, his official website began selling autographed footballs commemorating the streak for $499.99 each."

I checked his website and there it is, along with a whole lot of other Brett Favre "junk" (you should pardon the expression) for sale.
I wouldnt buy any of it, but Im trying to figure out what exactly you have a problem with. So what, he wants to sell stuff? Is he not allowed to make money if it doesnt come from the NFL or something? Maybe the guy comes back at 41 because he owes...we don't know, and who really cares.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:30 AM

52,179 posts, read 41,981,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post

It's all supply and demand and some people want that stuff. If he doesn't sell it then someone else will. Frankly, I think it's a non-issue.

Me personally, I've never asked anyone for an autograph and even the concept of doing so leaves a bad taste in my mouth unless it was an item going to a charity auction or kid or something.

We have a truly screwed up society with all this sports worship anyway. It's as pathetic as people asking "snooki" for an autograph.....<shudder>

Old 12-20-2010, 12:17 PM

17,032 posts, read 26,940,671 times
Favre has been upgraded from "out" to "questionable". Thats a 2 step increase. I guess its legal but kind of strange. I guess he wants to try and go out on his terms. Meaning getting pounded by Brian Urlacher into frozen turf.

Old 12-20-2010, 04:24 PM

2,374 posts, read 3,067,311 times
don't tell me people are falling for this.

Two days ago he himself declared himself out (doesn't the team normally do that?) and now today per (b)espn he "woke up with a gut feeling that he could play and owes it to 'the People' to try"

seriously?

are people really buying this drama vi-queen?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football