Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 06:44 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,561,837 times

Advertisements

he starts: it's a Christmas miracle!!!!!!!!

FavreJesus will play, he owed it to the people and the people got an early christmas present.

Halleluja!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2010, 08:49 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,898,823 times
Favre trying to scramble his brain before he finally leaves the NFL. What a moron. Can he please just go away. PLEASE!!!

Old 12-21-2010, 07:10 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,566,039 times
The monday night football crew was nauseating. Favre throws a 5 yard curl and they'd say... "That was one of the best passes I've ever seen." Other gems like "he is the ultimate warrior" made me want to puke.

The jerk didn't practice, didn't know his teams game plan and trotted out to play. Welcome to the turf Favre and I wish you could have stayed in the game because you weren't going to play any better than Joe Webb anyway.

If I'd take a drink every time they said Favre's name I'd have needed my stomach pumped by the end of the first quarter. Then again, who is surprised? I remember with the Jets thier defense was saving his interception throwing butt one game and the announcers CREDITED FAVRE for motivating the defense. Really wtf?

Old 12-21-2010, 09:10 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,819,046 times
Favre needs to hang it up already. Some guys retire when they're still at the top of their game, like Barry Sanders. Favre is going out as a joke at this point.

Old 12-22-2010, 05:42 AM

3,867 posts, read 4,078,604 times
I for one can't wait for this narcissistic guy to get the hell out of the league! Sadly, I think we will see him again this season. He has to end his "legacy" on a pick 6....it's who he is. He is pathetic!!!!!

Old 12-22-2010, 06:08 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,723,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
Favre trying to scramble his brain before he finally leaves the NFL. What a moron. Can he please just go away. PLEASE!!!
Exactly my thoughts....

Old 12-30-2010, 05:54 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
Brett Favre investigation by NFL on fast track, source says - ESPN

Brett Favre investigation concludes with $50,000 fine | NJ.com

Sterger did not file suit for sexual harassment by Tuesday of this week, reported to be the two-year deadline per New Jersey’s statute of limitations for workplace sexual harassment. It’s unclear if Sterger still can or will still pursue legal action against Favre.

...figures

Old 12-30-2010, 02:53 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,561,837 times
fast track in the NFL = 3 month long investigation with ex-FBI agents whereby we will release the decision a day after the statute of limitations runs out so the plaintiff has no further legal recourse.

good one roger!

I thought it was reported that he admitted to the voicemails and text msgs. (but not the photos of course, right Brett ) so if he really did admit those 2 isn't that in and of itself harrassment?

Old 01-03-2011, 09:27 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
The NFL investigatio has nothign to do with the plaintiffs legal rights. Often a internal investigation will not be released. As a plaintiff the attorney's for her where responsible to file any civil suit ;the NFL has nothing to do with that. The NFL just decides if he shouold be punsihed ubnder the rules. Then there is civil and criminal that are separate.In most circumstances such internal investiagtion in worker related case are not made public and the perosn is simplky fired or punsihed otherwise. the person has to file to make them part of a civil record that is public.

Old 01-03-2011, 10:31 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,812,678 times
When you love something as much as Brett Farve did, it's hard to let go. We all think he was crazy to come back at 41 and take the abuses of playing football in the NFL.

The list is not very long of players who actually LOVE the game. Most players enjoy being in the NFL, but $$$ is what keeps them there.

Farve's play and dedication was inspiring. I'm happy to see him leave only for his health reasons. I hope he enjoys his retirement this time, and he has no lingering damage to his body from what has happened this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football