U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 01:10 PM

2,377 posts, read 3,071,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
When you love something as much as Brett Farve did, it's hard to let go. We all think he was crazy to come back at 41 and take the abuses of playing football in the NFL.

The list is not very long of players who actually LOVE the game. Most players enjoy being in the NFL, but $$$ is what keeps them there.

Farve's play and dedication was inspiring. I'm happy to see him leave only for his health reasons. I hope he enjoys his retirement this time, and he has no lingering damage to his body from what has happened this year.
but he got a raise of 25% for coming back this year... after admonishing teammates for the very same thing when he was a Packer .....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2011, 02:00 PM

2,179 posts, read 6,631,818 times
[quote=USNRET04;17239231]When you love something as much as Brett Farve did, it's hard to let go. We all think he was crazy to come back at 41 and take the abuses of playing football in the NFL.

The list is not very long of players who actually LOVE the game. Most players enjoy being in the NFL, but $$$ is what keeps them there.

Farve's play and dedication was inspiring. I'm happy to see him leave only for his health reasons. I hope he enjoys his retirement this time, and he has no lingering damage to his body from what has happened this year.[/QUOTe

I dont think he will enjoy his retirement,I think not being competitive will be painfull for him, I wonder if he will even watch a game once he leaves the sport........for good Brett is one daddy

Old 01-03-2011, 02:10 PM

1,788 posts, read 1,992,913 times
I'm sure he will be an analyst or coach or announcer...probably analyst. I couldn't imagine Favre away from the NFL. It is stamped into his brain.

Like Elway...who just became a new "gm" or something with the Broncos.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:49 PM

4,131 posts, read 4,799,325 times
I'm glad Favre is gone-what an embarrassment..he should have been like Elway and retired while he was on top.

Old 01-04-2011, 12:06 PM

16,550 posts, read 21,057,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
I'm glad Favre is gone-what an embarrassment..he should have been like Elway and retired while he was on top.
Speaking of gone, so is the "sticky" that keeps this at the top of the page beings as the Vikings season has ended. Will keep the thread open, but that will be "it" for other Favre threads. Football related talk involving Favre still will go to The Viking team thread of course. The other stuff will go here. I'm aware of the very recent allegations regarding the two former New York Jet employees. If things get goofy again with this latest bit of controversy, I'll make this a "sticky" again for a while. And that same rule will apply, no multiple threads on Brett Favre. This one will be the one.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 01-04-2011 at 03:16 PM..

Old 01-05-2011, 07:51 AM

3,023 posts, read 4,543,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
don't know that Elway didnt regret retiring on top...seems like that guy wont go away either.

Old 07-25-2011, 01:00 PM

5,811 posts, read 6,617,808 times
Rumors are circulating that Farve, 41, is considering yet another comeback, this time to the Eagles, but I expect that it is pure speculation at this point. Probably just trying to drum up some excitement for the upcoming season.

Old 07-25-2011, 01:05 PM

22,350 posts, read 32,312,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Rumors are circulating that Farve, 41, is considering yet another comeback, this time to the Eagles, but I expect that it is pure speculation at this point. Probably just trying to drum up some excitement for the upcoming season.

Heard this on Sports radio in Philly this afternoon; apparently Reid wants him as a backup; not sure his ego would allow for that

Old 07-25-2011, 06:07 PM

11,740 posts, read 11,600,454 times
Saw in quite a few places the Eagles are totally denying this rumor, claim they have no idea where it started.

Favre needs to give it up, now it is to the point of being rather pathetic and sad. I'm one who would rather see athletes go out at the top of their game without all the melodrama, especially living in the GB TV market and seeing 5 station coverage on his many retire/unretire moments.

Old 07-25-2011, 06:25 PM

237 posts, read 335,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Saw in quite a few places the Eagles are totally denying this rumor, claim they have no idea where it started.

Favre needs to give it up, now it is to the point of being rather pathetic and sad. I'm one who would rather see athletes go out at the top of their game without all the melodrama, especially living in the GB TV market and seeing 5 station coverage on his many retire/unretire moments.
Ya, his LOOOOOOOOONG retirement dance was comical at first, but now its annoying and pathetic. I know he loves to play the game,but lets face it hes a raging attention ***** lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football