U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 05:10 PM

9,807 posts, read 13,523,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision-Quest View Post
I believed that Brett Favre was coming back for another season despite the divorce in Green Bay, I believed that Favre would go to the Vikings after leaving New York, and I believe that he is coming back. I don't think he cares about his sore body as much as he loves football. And Favre is a good guy, and a great role model for kids. He has been playing in the NFL ever sense I was born, or even in my moms stomach. Which shows that his body is taking a toll. But look at how close he came to going to superbowl 44. His last throw and first throw in the NFL was an interception. Do you think he will live with that for the rest of his life?

I don't. He is bound to come back and his mind will not let him leave. He has an opportunity to retire as a superbowl MVP. Tavaris Jackson can't do squat with that team, and he has proven that.

Joe Kapp had a lot better chance of being a Superbowl MVP with the Vikings than Favre ever will.

And even he couldn't do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 05:18 PM

219 posts, read 221,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Coach has already givin a statement. A teammate that is now a Vicking that was a packer that Brett has been friends with for over 10 years spoke up. He's the one that said he talked to Brett this morning and he didnt say anything about retiring.

Family source: Favre has made no decision

Family source: Favre has made no decision - Brett Favre - SunHerald.com (http://www.sunherald.com/2010/08/02/2378261/family-source-favre-has-made-no.html - broken link)

Espn is reporting hes retiring and also reporting its not been confirmed
You read the article. Who's the "family source?" Really, that's no better than the sources ESPN or the Minny Star Tribune have.

So is he coming back, not coming back, or no decision? Or is he not coming back until later in the season? Is Favre telling EVERYBODY including his family different stories? How can anyone be sure? ESPN has it rough. You don't give them credit for being right as often as they are, and if they're wrong once, you hammer them... The wind blows hardest at the top...

Old 08-03-2010, 06:21 PM

9,644 posts, read 8,645,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyDizzle23 View Post
You read the article. Who's the "family source?" Really, that's no better than the sources ESPN or the Minny Star Tribune have.

So is he coming back, not coming back, or no decision? Or is he not coming back until later in the season? Is Favre telling EVERYBODY including his family different stories? How can anyone be sure? ESPN has it rough. You don't give them credit for being right as often as they are, and if they're wrong once, you hammer them... The wind blows hardest at the top...
His brother

According to Steve Mariucci, who was just texting Favre minutes ago has said that, Brett Favre HAS NOT given anyone a decision if he will return or not, and also said that he is trying to get healthy because he still has concerns about his ankle. That was said during nfl live

Even espn has admitted its not confirmed. From all the reports from everyone thats been interviewed Favre has not told anyone anything. Since everyone is saying the same thing that Favre has not told them he is retiring.

I am not saying they arent right most of the time. Just saying before they report something they should confirm it. They spent what 4 hours today talking up Favre retired and Favre hasnt said hes retiring.

Not sure why you have an issue with thinking they should confirm something before they report it

Old 08-03-2010, 07:01 PM

9,644 posts, read 8,645,676 times
Mariucci: Favre not retiring ... yet

Video of the interview
NFL Videos: Mariucci: Favre not retiring ... yet

How many more interviews must be provided before people realize that people jumped the gun along with espn. People should have confirmed this.

We've wasted almost a day on Favre retiring when he hasn't.

Old 08-03-2010, 07:07 PM

219 posts, read 221,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Not sure why you have an issue with thinking they should confirm something before they report it
Not sure why you're putting words in my mouth... I never said I had an issue with it.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:12 AM

3,219 posts, read 5,801,917 times
He'll just rig an artificial leg with foot to his body that's all.

He'll become the first 3 legged QB.

I don't take anything he says seriously, till I see him not play for the whole I don't believe it. If so, then he'll come out of retirement next year.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
He'll just rig an artificial leg with foot to his body that's all.

He'll become the first 3 legged QB.

I don't take anything he says seriously, till I see him not play for the whole I don't believe it. If so, then he'll come out of retirement next year.

gotta agree.

I bet he's happy as can be that the media is focusing on him again.

People with big egos like to be in the media headlines.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:31 AM

52,303 posts, read 42,083,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000Lakes View Post
If it's true then well there goes the season. Tj and Sage will get us no where. I hate to sound like a downer but I really don't think we have a chance without Favre. Hey but why did his wife renew her gym membership in MN? << HA, just something silly they reported on the Star Trib one day. It is what it is.
I'm not a Vikes fan but I disagree.

Favre's body wears down over the course of the season and *in general* he starts out very good but by the end get's erratic and quality drops off. Don't get me wrong, I'm not dogging on him but he is not a kid anymore and both he and the Vikes were not smart enough to rest him through the softer part of the season to preserve him for the playoffs while getting his backups experience. Really, do you need him to beat teams like Detroit?

This might have been the best thing to happen to the Vikings...but then again, he is still *deciding* lol...makes the Packers look smarter and smarter for thanking him and moving on a few years ago when he started waffling on them and hurting the organization.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:33 AM

5,763 posts, read 9,777,889 times
Vikings are showing desperation. 16 million plus incentives. They know they need him. I bet he ends up coming back when training camp is over.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm not a Vikes fan but I disagree.

Favre's body wears down over the course of the season and *in general* he starts out very good but by the end get's erratic and quality drops off. Don't get me wrong, I'm not dogging on him but he is not a kid anymore and both he and the Vikes were not smart enough to rest him through the softer part of the season to preserve him for the playoffs while getting his backups experience. Really, do you need him to beat teams like Detroit?

This might have been the best thing to happen to the Vikings...but then again, he is still *deciding* lol...makes the Packers look smarter and smarter for thanking him and moving on a few years ago when he started waffling on them and hurting the organization.
Yes.

I watched Around the Horn yesterday and one of the guys said Favre walked right past him after the loss to NO.

He stated Favre looked like an old man.

You can delay aging, not prevent it.

The Vikings ( by hitching their wagon to Favre ) have denied it.
The recent draft was proof of that. Maybe they thought if they drafted a QB, it would hurt Favre's feelings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football