U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-04-2010, 08:56 AM
 
16,553 posts, read 21,084,914 times
Reputation: 48064

Advertisements

Marmac is right. I watched the program as well, it was Bill Plashke of the Los Angeles Times who said it.

Speaking of ESPN, right after I made the initial post to start this thread, I had them on the tube right up until maybe 6 p.m. as I was perusing through the net. I flipped at random ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPN News and it was strictly Brett Favre. In fact, ESPN and ESPN News basically simulcasted for a good portion of the day. I know, I flipped the stations back and forth as I wanted to see how far this coverage would go on the Favre situation. It was all Favre until Around The Horn and Pardon The Interruption came on, and they addressed the Favre situation but went through other sports related subjects as they usually do. After those shows were over, it was back to the Favre situation for another hour before I switched over to local news at 5 p.m.

Predictably, the NFL Channel went with the Favre situation all the way to 6 p.m., when the Americas Game one hour bio series came on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-04-2010, 10:14 AM
 
9,807 posts, read 13,536,682 times
Reputation: 8169
KSTP 5 ( Minneapolis ) just showed an interview with Favre.

He said he has not made a decision and it's up to his health if he ciomes back or not.

He talked while sitting in a piclup truck in MS

He was going on a bike ride later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2010, 10:27 AM
 
Location: Bel Air, California
21,544 posts, read 22,121,614 times
Reputation: 34009
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
KSTP 5 ( Minneapolis ) just showed an interview with Favre.

He said he has not made a decision and it's up to his health if he ciomes back or not.

He talked while sitting in a piclup truck in MS

He was going on a bike ride later.
For someone who has expressed such a dislike for the over-exposure of Favre and his so called grand-standing, you sure seem to be the leading town-crier on all things Favre related. Your secret love for him is well known to us all.

Great to know he's going for a bike ride later though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2010, 10:28 AM
 
Location: South Fla
9,644 posts, read 8,651,794 times
Reputation: 1942
Sportscenter just played an interview with one of their reporters that caught up with him coming from the high school team this am

Favre said he never sent anyone a text message saying he is retiring. That he has spoke with the Vikings and they have agreed to a time line but he wont share what that is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2010, 10:43 AM
 
Location: Edina, MN, USA
6,970 posts, read 7,440,940 times
Reputation: 16324
The news just had a segment interviewing the god in his truck. Apparently he doesn't know where this rumor started but he still doesn't know if/when he'll be back.

Enough already. This is the worst case of arrogance I have ever seen. I would love it if they said - Time's over - you blew it - see ya.

Hope I never hear that name again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2010, 12:52 PM
 
9,807 posts, read 13,536,682 times
Reputation: 8169
--=-IF-- Viking ownership had a backbone they would set a timeline.

Viking fans and owners love to get on their knees and beg Favre to come back.

Maybe they will start buying billboard space in Mississippi again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2010, 01:56 PM
 
Location: South Fla
9,644 posts, read 8,651,794 times
Reputation: 1942
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Marmac is right. I watched the program as well, it was Bill Plashke of the Los Angeles Times who said it.

Speaking of ESPN, right after I made the initial post to start this thread, I had them on the tube right up until maybe 6 p.m. as I was perusing through the net. I flipped at random ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPN News and it was strictly Brett Favre. In fact, ESPN and ESPN News basically simulcasted for a good portion of the day. I know, I flipped the stations back and forth as I wanted to see how far this coverage would go on the Favre situation. It was all Favre until Around The Horn and Pardon The Interruption came on, and they addressed the Favre situation but went through other sports related subjects as they usually do. After those shows were over, it was back to the Favre situation for another hour before I switched over to local news at 5 p.m.

Predictably, the NFL Channel went with the Favre situation all the way to 6 p.m., when the Americas Game one hour bio series came on.
None of which is Faves fault. He cant control ESPN spending that much time on a rumor that was not confirmed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2010, 02:01 PM
 
Location: South Fla
9,644 posts, read 8,651,794 times
Reputation: 1942
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
--=-IF-- Viking ownership had a backbone they would set a timeline.

Viking fans and owners love to get on their knees and beg Favre to come back.

Maybe they will start buying billboard space in Mississippi again.
If you are not a Viking fan what is the problem? What do you care what Vikings fans do or dont do?

The billboard was great
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2010, 02:03 PM
 
Location: South Fla
9,644 posts, read 8,651,794 times
Reputation: 1942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
The news just had a segment interviewing the god in his truck. Apparently he doesn't know where this rumor started but he still doesn't know if/when he'll be back.

Enough already. This is the worst case of arrogance I have ever seen. I would love it if they said - Time's over - you blew it - see ya.

Hope I never hear that name again.
How is he suppose to know where it started?

He didnt say that he simply said he didnt send a text message saying he was retiring. His teammates have said they haven't gotten a text message saying it either.

So if they are all saying it didnt happen. How is Favre suppose to know how it started? Yes he is arrogant yet did nothing.

You can avoid him right now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2010, 04:04 PM
 
9,807 posts, read 13,536,682 times
Reputation: 8169
A shame how the expectations are being lowered for this once proud team ( Vikings)

I recall the many times they did play in the Superbowl, but came up short.

One would think the goal is to finally win a Superbowl.
Expectations are so watered down that nearly winning a NFL championship is regarded as a huge accomplishments.

What a shame !

They didn't have to beg Joe Kapp to play in 1969.
They didn't need billboards begging him to play in hopes of almost making it to " the big one "

Yup, Vikings must think the NFL is a game of horse shoe were "almost " counts for something.

--Almost-- winning the NFC and $.25 will get you coffee at Ma and Pa's Kettle in Cameron Missouri, but that's a long ways from a Superbowl ring !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top