U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 04:13 PM

16,542 posts, read 21,034,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
None of which is Faves fault. He cant control ESPN spending that much time on a rumor that was not confirmed.
Jadex is absolutely right. I'm only giving my take on this and ONLY this as I was home yesterday to flip between the stations and to report how ESPN handled this thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 04:17 PM

9,807 posts, read 13,501,948 times
Imagine the uproar if the Minnesota Twins went after one player the way the Vikings did ( begging him,billboards begging him) and proclaiming he was the only missing lnk to winning a World Series.

----Almost-- winning the AL Championship wouldn't get fans gushing.

The Twins don't have to beg players to come out of retirement and yet they still have won World Series.

Old 08-04-2010, 05:08 PM

A quick note: We're not going to have multiple Brett Favre threads like what happened last year. One thread-that's it!

Old 08-04-2010, 05:56 PM

9,644 posts, read 8,633,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Imagine the uproar if the Minnesota Twins went after one player the way the Vikings did ( begging him,billboards begging him) and proclaiming he was the only missing lnk to winning a World Series.

----Almost-- winning the AL Championship wouldn't get fans gushing.

The Twins don't have to beg players to come out of retirement and yet they still have won World Series.
Vikings fans put up billboards thanking Favre for a great season and saying they would love to have him back. That isnt exactly begging. That is being grateful and welcoming him. Considering he did once play for their main rivials. Its kinda like saying Hey we've accepted you as one of us

Old 08-04-2010, 06:00 PM

9,644 posts, read 8,633,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Jadex is absolutely right. I'm only giving my take on this and ONLY this as I was home yesterday to flip between the stations and to report how ESPN handled this thing.
I'll admit Favre has been on the fence when it came to retiring. Then again so was my father. Heck he quit and went back and quit so many times, because he was the type that loved what he was doing and couldnt stand retirement. I think Favre is that way also. The man loves to play football you can see that when hes on the field.

My only problem with this is , this time getting ripped for something that is ESPNS fault. Espn made the choice to play and talk about Favre retiring for what I believe was 4 hours if not more even after the Vikings coach in a press conference said he has not been told by Favre or anyone else hes is retiring. That is when the entire non stop Favre coverage should have stopped in my opinion.

Old 08-04-2010, 06:07 PM

Absolutely. Where the coverage got moronic was when ESPN and ESPN News went simulcast. Totally unnecessary.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:15 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,480,371 times
Is Brett Farve going to do the "DECISION" on ESPN like Lebron James?-lol

Old 08-04-2010, 08:24 PM
Status: "What if there were no hypothetical questions?" (set 4 days ago)

3,208 posts, read 4,664,923 times
I just heard that ESPN went through Favre's garbage can and found an empty box of Wheaties. They are now predicting that he is most likely eating Wheaties in the morning even though it hasn't been confirmed. Childress has had no comment until he hears it from "the horses mouth".

Stay tuned to this and other riveting updates about Favre from ESPN

Old 08-04-2010, 08:53 PM

8,163 posts, read 13,217,046 times
Face it, this ego-maniac, (edit) just loves the attention and that's why he drags it out. He knows that barring any injuries he will play. Maybe all these drooling losers need to walk away from this so we don't have to endure anymore of the constant boring updates!

Old 08-04-2010, 09:07 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,766,726 times
Being a lifelong Packer fan, I am now glad that the constant anxiety, remorse,and anguish that Favre caused us for years is now the gift of Vikes fans.

For years, Senor Favre conducted his yearly rendition of will he or wont he retire. The act got extremely tediuous after awhile, and began to nauseate Packer fans with great regularity.

Favre craves the media spotlight and the adulation that results from his yearly ploy. The media bites on this act every year, so the egomaniac keeps on trotting it out.

Listen, Packer fans will always have a place in their heart for Brett. He was the face of the franchise for a long time, and the Pack banner flew proudly during his reign.

That being said, Bretts yearly soap opera became divisive and contentious to the point that the majority of Pack fans were not distraught at his departure. If he brings the Vikes a superbowl championship maybe his maalox inducing act will be overlooked-----until than Pack fans can now say to Vike fans-----enjoy the drama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football