U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 09:07 PM

664 posts, read 1,758,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm not a Vikes fan but I disagree.

Favre's body wears down over the course of the season and *in general* he starts out very good but by the end get's erratic and quality drops off. Don't get me wrong, I'm not dogging on him but he is not a kid anymore and both he and the Vikes were not smart enough to rest him through the softer part of the season to preserve him for the playoffs while getting his backups experience. Really, do you need him to beat teams like Detroit?

This might have been the best thing to happen to the Vikings...but then again, he is still *deciding* lol...makes the Packers look smarter and smarter for thanking him and moving on a few years ago when he started waffling on them and hurting the organization.

I don't know. Vikes fans know BF is a bandaid solution but they (Vikes) have a great team and there is no way TJ or Sage would even get close to the SB let alone they would probabaly not even win the division. TJ is weak and throws the ball away, great arm but panics to much. Do not know much about Sage other than it's not looking good at practice with him. So until the Vikes can get a solid QB, they NEED Favre bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 09:42 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,518,881 times
When is my Sage Rosenfels going his chance to take over the Vikes?

Old 08-04-2010, 10:04 PM

21,481 posts, read 22,049,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefffla01 View Post
Being a lifelong Packer fan, I am now glad that the constant anxiety, remorse,and anguish that Favre caused us for years is now the gift of Vikes fans.
actually he's exceeded most all expectations and there has been no anxiety or remorse, those traits have been more applicable to Cheeseville after Favre departed.

Quote:
For years, Senor Favre conducted his yearly rendition of will he or wont he retire. The act got extremely tediuous after awhile, and began to nauseate Packer fans with great regularity.
years? LOL! That nausea you remember is the morning after effects of the weekly binge drinking you fat-coats are so famous for, likely clouded your memory as well.

Quote:
Favre craves the media spotlight and the adulation that results from his yearly ploy. The media bites on this act every year, so the egomaniac keeps on trotting it out.
Once again, you're projecting inherent Cheese-head Meglomaniac disorders on us Viking fans who know this is nothing more than catching lightning in a bottle. If it ends tomorrow, it's been a fun ride and worth it just to see you guys constantly squirm all the while crying over and over that it doesn't matter to you he's playing for the hated Vikings. The more you whine about him the better it gets for us.

Quote:
Listen, Packer fans will always have a place in their heart for Brett. He was the face of the franchise for a long time, and the Pack banner flew proudly during his reign.
Ha! again with the jilted lover syndrome, you need a good therapist.

Quote:
That being said, Bretts yearly soap opera became divisive and contentious to the point that the majority of Pack fans were not distraught at his departure. If he brings the Vikes a superbowl championship maybe his maalox inducing act will be overlooked-----until than Pack fans can now say to Vike fans-----enjoy the drama.
I love good drama, especially when it causes so much angst to you cry-babies.

Old 08-04-2010, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
When is my Sage Rosenfels going his chance to take over the Vikes?
Sage is very capable at taking over the Vikings scout team, providing we are playing Oakland, Detroit or the Rams.

Old 08-05-2010, 04:53 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,260,174 times
I wish he would just go ahead and retire. I'm tired of his games. And I'm not a Packer or Vikes fan.

Old 08-05-2010, 05:09 AM

9,807 posts, read 13,514,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
actually he's exceeded most all expectations and there has been no anxiety or remorse, those traits have been more applicable to Cheeseville after Favre departed.

years? LOL! That nausea you remember is the morning after effects of the weekly binge drinking you fat-coats are so famous for, likely clouded your memory as well.

Once again, you're projecting inherent Cheese-head Meglomaniac disorders on us Viking fans who know this is nothing more than catching lightning in a bottle. If it ends tomorrow, it's been a fun ride and worth it just to see you guys constantly squirm all the while crying over and over that it doesn't matter to you he's playing for the hated Vikings. The more you whine about him the better it gets for us.

Ha! again with the jilted lover syndrome, you need a good therapist.

I love good drama, especially when it causes so much angst to you cry-babies.

-----actually he's exceeded most all expectations--

refer to my post about--lowering expectations-

Do you actually believe the Vikings signed an old qb ( with only a year or 2 left in his career) for a high salary to --almost--win the NFC Championship ?

Old 08-05-2010, 05:22 AM

32,095 posts, read 13,130,522 times
Why do they print "he texted teammates" when it isn't confirmed. Just to stir things up? I just hope he makes up his mind one way or another and according to the news this morning he hasn't made up his mind and he will play as long as his body holds up! Gawd!! The drama!!

Old 08-05-2010, 09:07 AM

219 posts, read 221,160 times
Back with more ammo...

For people who said it couldn't be confirmed he ever sent a text message, answer this:

Why would Minnesota offer Brett MORE MONEY for this season? Reported by sources (NOT JUST ESPN), they are offering him several more millions of dollars if he comes back. Why would they do that? It's not in Favre's contract to make more... Billionaires don't get to be billionaires by just throwing money at players... If management really felt like he earned it, they would've offered him that money months ago... You don't give someone like that more money unless that player has leverage - like saying he's NOT coming back. No one wants to come out and say Brett is lying.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyDizzle23 View Post
Back with more ammo...

For people who said it couldn't be confirmed he ever sent a text message, answer this:

Why would Minnesota offer Brett MORE MONEY for this season? Reported by sources (NOT JUST ESPN), they are offering him several more millions of dollars if he comes back. Why would they do that? It's not in Favre's contract to make more... Billionaires don't get to be billionaires by just throwing money at players... If management really felt like he earned it, they would've offered him that money months ago... You don't give someone like that more money unless that player has leverage - like saying he's NOT coming back. No one wants to come out and say Brett is lying.
you're firing blanks

Not one verified report of who supposedly received these text messages, what does that tell you? Longwell (his best buddy on the Vikes) has stated he talked to Favre twice that day and Favre never said anything about retiring. I guess Longwell is lying too.

Besides Favre has already demonstrated his flare for the melodramatic press conference, if he was really going to retire, don't you think it would be done with horns, trumpets, bright lights and not a text message to a couple of Vikings players?

Exactly what sources do you have regarding the contract or are you just parroting the most recent tweet that scrawls across your field of vision? Says more about your gulibility than anything else.

No doubt the contract adjustment (extension?) talk has occured but it was likely before his ankle surgery and has nothing to do with ESPN getting "punked" on this story. Since when is renegotiating a contract exclusively Favre's domain anyways?

All this has ever been about is Favre's unwillingness to go through two weeks of training camp when he doesn't feel he needs to. The Vikings management and his team mates don't seem to have a problem with it and it seemed to work out fairly well for them last year. Most every Viking fan I know doesn't have a problem with it either and it wouldn't matter to Favre or the Vikings if we did. But if the rest of you want to get your undies all up in a bunch, have at it.

Last edited by Ghengis; 08-05-2010 at 10:29 AM..

Old 08-05-2010, 10:38 AM

219 posts, read 221,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
you're firing blanks

Not one verified report of who supposedly received these text messages, what does that tell you? Longwell (his best buddy on the Vikes) has stated he talked to Favre twice that day and Favre never said anything about retiring. I guess Longwell is lying too.

Besides Favre has already demonstrated his flare for the melodramatic press conference, if he was really going to retire, don't you think it would be done with horns, trumpets, bright lights and not a text message to a couple of Vikings players?
I know it's more about him not wanting to go thru camp as well. And his ankle is probably stiff everyday and hurts at times. I said back in the beginning they should all (Favre, the Vikings, etc) just say he'll be back at the end of the preseason or even after the bye week. That's the best thing for him if he wants to play. But I don't think it's out of the realm that he DID send the message and tell management he was done and everyone is now trying to keep quiet and switch up the story about something that wasn't supposed to come out right away. A plan went awry and everyone had to perform damage control.

We'll never know the whole truth anyway, since the NFL and the media and Favre are all in bed with each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football