U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2010, 01:19 PM

9,807 posts, read 13,462,004 times

Advertisements

After last year, it was " a given" that Favre would play for the Vikings under one condition-------no training camp.

Vikings knew that going into training camp. Fans knew that too.

This fiasco is stricly about if Favre is coming back to the Vikings for the 2010 and has nothing to do about training camp.
that
I dount there is a person in Minnesota ( management, team mates, or fans) that expected Favre at training camp.

Yes, I believe his ankle bothers him, but even if it was fine he would not be at training camp.

Anyone who thinks different--------I'll sell you my Minnesota farm with views of the Rocky mountains.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2010, 05:38 PM

17,032 posts, read 26,879,146 times
^^True dat. If his ankle is still sore I bet he comes back in about week 4. I'm almost willing to put the house up that he plays this year.

Old 08-05-2010, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
^^True dat. If his ankle is still sore I bet he comes back in about week 4. I'm almost willing to put the house up that he plays this year.
gotta agree with that.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:01 AM

4,552 posts, read 13,459,022 times
Im so tired of Favre already, I wish he would just retire already and stay retired.

Old 08-06-2010, 07:36 AM

51,950 posts, read 41,815,822 times
Favre can still have his moments but overall is far enough past his prime to be considered an average starting QB. (Note that at his age most guys are 5-10 years out of the league so this is a compliment that he is still functional)

It's just bizarre to watch all the fuss like they are getting him in his prime or something. I think a lot of commentators and fans have 30 year old Brett locked into memory and man crushes on the guy and aren't seeing the current situation clearly.

Old 08-06-2010, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Favre can still have his moments but overall is far enough past his prime to be considered an average starting QB. (Note that at his age most guys are 5-10 years out of the league so this is a compliment that he is still functional)

It's just bizarre to watch all the fuss like they are getting him in his prime or something. I think a lot of commentators and fans have 30 year old Brett locked into memory and man crushes on the guy and aren't seeing the current situation clearly.
What I can't seem to grasp is why the Vikings aren't doing something about the QB situation in the near future.

Are they confident in the back up qb's they now have?

It appears they put all their eggs in one basket-----Favre's.

That old hen is gonna quit laying eggs very soon.
Then what ?

Old 08-06-2010, 08:29 AM

5,763 posts, read 9,748,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

He had one of the best seasons of his career last year and with a strong supporting cast he is still one of the best QBs in the league.

I dont think anyone can deny that the Vikings with Favre and the Vikings w/o Favre are 2 entirely different teams. The later will be a SB contender while the other will struggle to make the playoffs.

Old 08-06-2010, 08:44 AM

The Vikings aquired Favre for one reason ------win a Superbowl

Other QB's less known than Favre have gotten the Vikings to the Superbowl.

--almost-- winning the NFC and 50 cents will get you coffee at the Bearhead Cafe in Booneville Arkansas, but it won't get the Vikings Superbowl rings.

But maybe they need patience and should give him 5 or 6 more years to accomplish that.
He is the QB of their future.------sarc

Old 08-08-2010, 12:52 AM

909 posts, read 2,705,287 times
Brett Favre is just one of those guys. If you are not a fan of Brett Favre, than I like to shout; What's wrong with you!!!!! Brett Favre on sundays no matter what team lol is just something you have to watch! I don't know if I could live my life without seeing Brett Favre play football on my TV.

Old 08-09-2010, 12:46 PM

7,376 posts, read 12,887,222 times
Totally agree with Vision quest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football