Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2010, 08:19 PM

2,224 posts, read 3,612,226 times

Advertisements

Since when does anyone being Tony Romo's role model mean a damn thing? I'm sure to some kid out there Mike Vick is a role model so does that make him the measuring stick for greatness?

If you have been in a cave for the last 8 years where you have to ask what has he done NOT to eran our respect than I have no time for your question. The guy has screwed the development of 2 organizations and countless QB's. You know nothing about Brady obviously because 9 times out of ten when he throws a TD he's one of the first ones to run down and celebrate with his players. Step out of steeler ville a little and get your facts straight before you speak on a subject you know little about.

As to Ben, if a kid (because thats what he likes to hang out with college kids) is so drunk that she can coherently make a decision to give you some asz then you probably should have enough penis control not to take it. If not then let me know when you have a daughter some one gets her drunk and see if you change your tune. Then again I wouldnt expect a 16 year old kid to understand adult logic anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2010, 05:41 PM

910 posts, read 2,983,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision-Quest View Post
Rydizzle explains some of what I was trying too say.

Dear Brad Childress; When your quarterback has all of the records in the NFL, and is 40 years old, and has one year left on his contract with your team, but is also going through rehab on an ankle surgery and isn't going as fast as you would hope, what are you going to try and do?

Childress simply told the media over and over that he will respect Favre's decision, and would love for him too come back and play for the Vikings...
(What team wouldn't want him too come back.) With Favre added too the team, the bars sky rocket on the Vikings chances of making the superbowl! What has he NOT done too earn respect from all NFL fans? He has had a foundation that helps challenged young kids, he has a wife that has numerous foundations for breast cancer awarness, (Which my mom is a victim.) He loves football, and is a great role model for kids, and he is one of the only quarterbacks left in football that like to have fun! Tony Romo, because Brett Favre was his role model and still is, do you see Tom Brady get a smile on his face when he throws a touchdown to Randy Moss? HELL NO! More like a spike the ball "Get the F*** Out of here!"

Peyton Manning? "Hey Jeff why didn't you block your man on that play that was terrible you know not too let the defender go through the A gap when were in a single back 4 wide stretch don't let it happen again!"

And Speedy show me the proof that Roethlisberger sexually assaulted the drunk college girl. Look it up on youtube when she is interviewed and she looks like a fool. Woman can be evil when it comes to guys they want, especially guys with money. There is no proof of Ben "Sexually Assaulting" any female ANY WHERE at ANY TIME despite the two cases.

The words that I highlighted in BOLD are the "Plot" of the "City-data.com/forum reply!" I don't know how too put it even more simpler too you what I was trying too get across. I added Ben because you keep on bashing him when he really didn't do anything like that. I don't see why I can't Enjoy Discussing Football on City-data.com because of you. If you still want too argue me, than please send a message too my inbox and I will be more than happy to read what you have too say!

Old 08-26-2010, 07:37 PM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times
Let's tone down the rhetoric a little bit, OK?

Old 08-26-2010, 07:46 PM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
I'll let the post stand. I'm not happy about it, but will let it stand. The reason I deleted the other one is that by the end of last season there were up to a half dozen threads on him in just the football forum, and others in the state forums (which I don't control and absolutely don't care about). I've deleted 3 threads on him this week and training camp is just starting.

I'll see where this goes. I'd feel better about this if the NFL Channel was reporting this. So far, they're not saying anything. As far as ESPN goes, after the 7 hour globfest that the ESPN stations were running on him the other day, I don't really give 2 cr*ps about what they say. Nor do I have much of a positive opinion about Deadspin and those type "sources". Still, for now I'll let the post stand, but will watch this thread closer.

If the conversation on this gets out of line, I'll delete. If it keeps up, I'll shut the thread down.

The reason I brought this post up is because of the last few posts on this thread regarding the Deadspin article. The only reason I let it stand is I was waiting for some validity to it. I was hoping a credible source like the NFL channel would have some input here and that didn't happen. Like I've said before, I don't have much use for news sources like Deadspin. And lately, I haven't given much thought to ESPN even being a "credible source" considering their reporting of late regarding Brett Favre.Over two weeks after that item came online nothing happened, so I decided to delete it, which is what I should have done in the first place.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 08-26-2010 at 11:28 PM..

Old 08-29-2010, 10:06 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,948,828 times
Brett Favre. Please just retire and go back to Mississippi. Please.

Old 08-29-2010, 10:28 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,911,890 times
I didnt think Brett played all that bad Saturday. Now the line and the receivers need to step it up. The old man cant run like he used to.

Old 08-29-2010, 12:26 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,262,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
Brett Favre. Please just retire and go back to Mississippi. Please.
Sorry, but how is Brett Favre changing your life to the point where you have to beg for him to disapear. Lets see what happens this year...Im sure this is it. Im not real sure he wanted to do this year, so this is probably his last...of course Ithought that in 2005, 06, 07, 08, 09, but NOT in 2010.

Old 08-29-2010, 07:28 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,798,905 times
Favre could not handle the 49ers defense and that is why he left after 1 pass.

Old 08-29-2010, 07:51 PM

5,509 posts, read 11,870,451 times
hahahha, yeah, preseason football is a real looking glass for the future, huh? Vikes can make it to the finals/Superbowl this year, they just need to stay healthy.

Old 08-30-2010, 05:35 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,182,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by west336 View Post
hahahha, yeah, preseason football is a real looking glass for the future, huh? Vikes can make it to the finals/Superbowl this year, they just need to stay healthy.

----finals/Superbowl--

Well, despite Favre having one of his best seasons last year, the Vikings did not make it to the Superbowl.

I doubt, at his age, he can duplicate last years performance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football