U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 08:37 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,361,809 times

Advertisements

I had the last pick last year in a 10 man league, the wrap around and it worked out awesome, picked up CJ at 10, and P Manning at 11.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 10:49 AM

7,376 posts, read 12,880,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
I had the last pick last year in a 10 man league, the wrap around and it worked out awesome, picked up CJ at 10, and P Manning at 11.
Yeah that works out well in a 8-12 man league, but if you have more i think you will wind up with a mediocre RB or a great WR/QB but not both unfortunately in a snake draft.

Old 08-17-2010, 03:37 PM

7,529 posts, read 6,146,907 times
Quote:
^^^ Chicago guy is Devin Aromashodu
I read Johnny Knox has something changed?

Old 08-17-2010, 03:43 PM

5,288 posts, read 6,361,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
Sleeper WR. That guy on chicago with the long name that i cant remember. Of course chicago always dissapoints in my experience so grain of salt and all that.
Quote:
^^^ Chicago guy is Devin Aromashodu
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvarks View Post
I bolded the part where he said "long name," so I assume he meant Aromashodu who is pretty high on peoples boards for not having a ton of NFL experience. He really came on strong the last four games of last season. Knox is going to get some looks, and people like his game too, so he is also being talked about as having some mid round value. Oddly, and not true to usual form, the Bears have 3 WRs that you could really take a flyer on as early as like the 5th round.

Old 08-17-2010, 03:50 PM

8,114 posts, read 17,319,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvarks View Post
When Mike Martz is running the offense, you can count on mediocre receivers getting about 80 catches in a season. See Sean McDonald or Mike Furrey for recent proof.

I think the phenomenon surrounding Devin Aromashodu is that he came on like gangbusters at the end of last year. Knox, on the other hand, was pretty steady for all 16 games. Also, Aromashodu caught a TD pass in the preseason, picking up right where he left off at the end of last year. Another thing: this guy is not a rookie or second year player. He's actually a five year guy and has bounced around the league a bit, under the radar, so he's more experienced than one might think.

Old 08-17-2010, 08:15 PM

8,341 posts, read 14,093,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
When Mike Martz is running the offense, you can count on mediocre receivers getting about 80 catches in a season. See Sean McDonald or Mike Furrey for recent proof.

I think the phenomenon surrounding Devin Aromashodu is that he came on like gangbusters at the end of last year. Knox, on the other hand, was pretty steady for all 16 games. Also, Aromashodu caught a TD pass in the preseason, picking up right where he left off at the end of last year. Another thing: this guy is not a rookie or second year player. He's actually a five year guy and has bounced around the league a bit, under the radar, so he's more experienced than one might think.
When he played for the Colts, a popular nick name for him was Aromashodon't.

Har Har

Old 08-18-2010, 09:10 AM

Quote:
I bolded the part where he said "long name," so I assume he meant Aromashodu who is pretty high on peoples boards for not having a ton of NFL experience. He really came on strong the last four games of last season. Knox is going to get some looks, and people like his game too, so he is also being talked about as having some mid round value. Oddly, and not true to usual form, the Bears have 3 WRs that you could really take a flyer on as early as like the 5th round.
Yeah thats who i was thinking of.

Old 08-18-2010, 08:11 PM

8,341 posts, read 14,093,273 times
Question for you all -

I am in a keeper league, and I kept Brett Favre hoping he would return. I am now working to trade Brett Favre. I have the first pick in the draft, for QB, I can choose between Kevin Kolb or Chad Henne. So, Kolb or Henne?

Old 08-19-2010, 05:44 AM

7,529 posts, read 6,146,907 times
I think both have good upside, but i would lean toward Kolb, better system.

Old 08-19-2010, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Question for you all -

I am in a keeper league, and I kept Brett Favre hoping he would return. I am now working to trade Brett Favre. I have the first pick in the draft, for QB, I can choose between Kevin Kolb or Chad Henne. So, Kolb or Henne?
I say keep favre. I think he is ranked somewhere around 20th in QB rankings. Id rank him higher. Brett Favre likes to run the show and that means he likes to throw a lot. He also has adrienne peterson who will take some pressure off his passing game. If you have the first pick in the draft id grab a stud RB.

But if you really want to go ahead and grab a QB first draft pick you gotta take kolb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football