U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 10:39 PM

5,288 posts, read 6,362,336 times

Advertisements

Just got my draft order for one of my leagues. 11th out of 12th I have a really crazy track record of not drafting anywhere near the top of the league. I have played 6 leagues for money (all ten man except for this one) and have never selected higher than 5th and been 8th or lower 5 of 6 times. This amazing streak extends over 3 seasons.

Anyways, Ryan Grant was on my Big Board as #11, but I am not totally sold on him as the Packers are so pass-happy. I think Jonathan Stewart will also be available in this spot, but Carolina splits their running plays up so much. Siiigh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 06:25 AM

7,376 posts, read 12,881,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Just got my draft order for one of my leagues. 11th out of 12th I have a really crazy track record of not drafting anywhere near the top of the league. I have played 6 leagues for money (all ten man except for this one) and have never selected higher than 5th and been 8th or lower 5 of 6 times. This amazing streak extends over 3 seasons.

Anyways, Ryan Grant was on my Big Board as #11, but I am not totally sold on him as the Packers are so pass-happy. I think Jonathan Stewart will also be available in this spot, but Carolina splits their running plays up so much. Siiigh.
11th isnt bad. Really there are no bad draft spots. 11th means you draft practically back to back. It has its advantages.

Jonathan stewart is more of a 3rd round draft pick. Any running back that is running back #2 and splits carries is not a first round draft pick.

Here are your running back options assuming all the feature backs are gone.

Starting with michael turner who will probably be gone by the 11th(if not grab him), Steven jackson, deangelo williams, Rashard mendenhall, Ryan grant, ryan matthews, Chris wells, shonne greene, jamaal charles, cedric benson etc etc.

Now since you have 2 back to back picks, you can either pick up a stud WR or a great QB along with one of the running backs above. If its a PPR league id probably wait until round 3 to grab a QB.

just my 2 cents.

Old 08-26-2010, 01:12 PM

8,114 posts, read 17,323,570 times
I would try to grab either Brees, Manning or Rodgers with one of those picks, then come back 3 picks later with either Randy Moss or Miles Austin. The RBBC means more running backs splitting carries, so there will still be value at this position in third and fourth round. Exception: if the league is PPR, then try to use one of those two picks to grab an RB that catches passes i.e. Frank Gore or possibly DeAngelo Williams. My .02.

Old 08-26-2010, 02:22 PM

17,032 posts, read 26,866,938 times
Orange - I wouldn't touch either of those guys with pick 11 or 14. Look QB or Top WR, but it depends on what others choose and your scoring system. Maybe R. Rice, M. Turner, A. Johnson and Schaub

Old 08-26-2010, 02:57 PM

8,114 posts, read 17,323,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Orange - I wouldn't touch either of those guys with pick 11 or 14. Look QB or Top WR, but it depends on what others choose and your scoring system. Maybe R. Rice, M. Turner, A. Johnson and Schaub
Oildog,

I think other than Schaub, those other players will be taken by pick 11. Ray Rice will be there, however, if it's a TD league only. Johnson will be gone by pick 11, regardless of scoring system. He's the flavor of the year this year at WR.

Old 08-27-2010, 07:04 AM

7,376 posts, read 12,881,913 times
Donovan Mcnabb sprained ankle. Done with pre season.

Joseph Addai, concussion.

Fred Jackson and marshawn lynch will watch CJ spiller take the number 1 spot possibly into week 2.

Knowshon Moreno hamstring injury, not serious.

Donnie Avery suffered a knee injury. Possibly season ending. Test results pending.

Sidney Rice out until November?

Vernon Davis knee injury. Will probably be back by season opener.

Brian Urlacher strained calf. Should be back by week 1.

Old 08-27-2010, 09:35 PM

5,530 posts, read 10,135,719 times
OK, last year I had #9 I think and I went WR, WR and I won the league last year with Andre Johnson and Randy Moss leading the way. You have to pick based on a.) opportunity, and b.) opportunity lost. That is to say, if you pick somebody does that royally mess up the order? If so, why, how and what can you do to take control of the board??

Old 08-29-2010, 10:37 AM

17,032 posts, read 26,866,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Oildog,

I think other than Schaub, those other players will be taken by pick 11. Ray Rice will be there, however, if it's a TD league only. Johnson will be gone by pick 11, regardless of scoring system. He's the flavor of the year this year at WR.
Probably right...I have 7 QB in my top group and 4 RB, then Andre. Maybe Mendenhall and Moss?

Old 08-29-2010, 05:03 PM

7,529 posts, read 6,148,010 times
well, I had my 1st draft last night and here's my team. I had pick #4 (10 teamer), standard scoring.

QB-Joe Flacco

WR-Calvin Johnson
WR-Brandon Marshall
WR-Mike Simms-Walker

RB-Michael Turner
RB-Jamaal Charles

TE-John Carlson

D-Baltimore

B-Matt Forte
CJ Spiller
Vincent Jackson
Jabar Gaffney
Chad Henne

I'm currently waiting a reply for a trade,

I'd get Chris Cooley and the Miami defense for Carlson and the Ravens defense.

Old 08-29-2010, 07:58 PM

5,530 posts, read 10,135,719 times
That's a rock solid team man!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football