U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-21-2010, 06:14 PM
 
Location: Highland, CA (formerly Newark, NJ)
6,183 posts, read 4,989,654 times
Reputation: 2150

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Did they have success in the postseason?
It's a moot point. You implied they weren't winning teams. And they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-21-2010, 06:22 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,306,870 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
It's a moot point. You implied they weren't winning teams. And they are.

Carolina with Delhomme as their QB since 2003 has produced 4 losing seasons

2004-7-9
2006-8-8
2007-7-9
2009-8-8

Three seasons the niners started Smith as QB

2005-4-12
2006-7-9
2009-8-8



Please tell me what you are talking about???????????????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2010, 06:52 PM
 
Location: Highland, CA (formerly Newark, NJ)
6,183 posts, read 4,989,654 times
Reputation: 2150
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Carolina with Delhomme as their QB since 2003 has produced 4 losing seasons

2004-7-9
2006-8-8
2007-7-9
2009-8-8
You've continually stated Delhomme is not a good QB. Then you state teams that "are winning teams" have good QB's.

When Delhomme starts his team's record is 59-40. Either your logic is stupid or you don't know what you're talking about when you say Delhomme is a bad QB.

PS, 2006 Delhomme was 7-6 as a starter.

Quote:
Three seasons the niners started Smith as QB

2005-4-12
2006-7-9
2009-8-8



Please tell me what you are talking about???????????????
I didn't say anything about Alex Smith. I spoke on your misguided opinions of Carson Palmer (career record as a starter of 42-41) and how he's not a good QB. Another example of your flawed logic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2010, 10:18 PM
 
12,671 posts, read 21,057,764 times
Reputation: 2625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision-Quest View Post
Im not a 49er fan, but I don't hate them either. But I do pay attention to every NFL team, Im a football nerd. But I agree with that, because Singletary has kept on fighting to give the 49ers their winning ways again. Plus, they have a really good shot at winning the NFC West, and I'm pretty sure it will be between the 49ers and Seahawks.
I don't think anyone will be able to compete with the Niners in the West.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2010, 10:19 PM
 
12,671 posts, read 21,057,764 times
Reputation: 2625
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Carolina with Delhomme as their QB since 2003 has produced 4 losing seasons

2004-7-9
2006-8-8
2007-7-9
2009-8-8

Three seasons the niners started Smith as QB

2005-4-12
2006-7-9
2009-8-8



Please tell me what you are talking about???????????????
Alex Smith was never a full starting QB with the 49ers. This is his first season as a true starter. Look what Smith did last year when he was finally healthy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2010, 10:34 PM
 
909 posts, read 2,705,125 times
Reputation: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Carolina with Delhomme as their QB since 2003 has produced 4 losing seasons

2004-7-9
2006-8-8
2007-7-9
2009-8-8

Three seasons the niners started Smith as QB

2005-4-12
2006-7-9
2009-8-8



Please tell me what you are talking about???????????????


TECHNICALLY 8-8 IS NOT A LOSING RECORD. YOU LACK FUNDAMENTALS ON ANALYZING NFL. YOUR NAME DOES NOT DESCRIBE WHAT YOUR SAYING.

Plus, Aren't you a Donovan McNabb fan? WHAT HAS HE DONE IN THE POST SEASON?

Don't say he made a superbowl, because Jake Delhome has made a superbowl as well. And take a look at the Indianapolis Colts with the best QB in the league. I don't like Peyton Manning one bit, but he is the best QB in the NFL. He is the only good player on the Colts, as HE himself made names for Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, Anthony Gonzalaz, and Pierre Garcon. ONE MAN CANNOT WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP. You need a solid depth at nearly EVERY POSITION to win a ring. Ben Roethlisberger is my favorite QB, but he could not of won that game himself, and I'm sure if you ask him yourself one day TVSportsguy, he will give more credit to his teammates than himself. I wouldn't be going off on you if you wouldn't challange us by saying things like Please tell me what you are talking about... but now it is your turn.

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2010, 11:04 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,306,870 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision-Quest View Post
TECHNICALLY 8-8 IS NOT A LOSING RECORD. YOU LACK FUNDAMENTALS ON ANALYZING NFL. YOUR NAME DOES NOT DESCRIBE WHAT YOUR SAYING.

Plus, Aren't you a Donovan McNabb fan? WHAT HAS HE DONE IN THE POST SEASON?

Don't say he made a superbowl, because Jake Delhome has made a superbowl as well. And take a look at the Indianapolis Colts with the best QB in the league. I don't like Peyton Manning one bit, but he is the best QB in the NFL. He is the only good player on the Colts, as HE himself made names for Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, Anthony Gonzalaz, and Pierre Garcon. ONE MAN CANNOT WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP. You need a solid depth at nearly EVERY POSITION to win a ring. Ben Roethlisberger is my favorite QB, but he could not of won that game himself, and I'm sure if you ask him yourself one day TVSportsguy, he will give more credit to his teammates than himself. I wouldn't be going off on you if you wouldn't challange us by saying things like Please tell me what you are talking about... but now it is your turn.

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!!!

You said one man can't win it all by himself like Peyton Manning and Big Ben but why doesn't that apply to Donovan Mcnabb???

And 8-8 is a losing record because you can't make the playoffs with that record
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2010, 02:59 PM
 
909 posts, read 2,705,125 times
Reputation: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
You said one man can't win it all by himself like Peyton Manning and Big Ben but why doesn't that apply to Donovan Mcnabb???

And 8-8 is a losing record because you can't make the playoffs with that record


NOOO ITS NOT! Anything .500 or above is NOT A LOSING RECORD! Anything below .500 is a losing record! Plus you CAN make the playoffs at 8-8! The San Diego Chargers did it and won the division in 2008!

And what the heck kind of question did you just ask about Donovan McNabb? I don't understand. . .

YOU LACK A HE!! A LOT OF FOOTBALL KNOWLEDGE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2010, 03:09 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,306,870 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision-Quest View Post
NOOO ITS NOT! Anything .500 or above is NOT A LOSING RECORD! Anything below .500 is a losing record! Plus you CAN make the playoffs at 8-8! The San Diego Chargers did it and won the division in 2008!

And what the heck kind of question did you just ask about Donovan McNabb? I don't understand. . .

YOU LACK A HE!! A LOT OF FOOTBALL KNOWLEDGE

You criticized Mcnabb for not being able to win a SB but then said one man can't do alone when you referred to Peyton Manning.


And usuallly 8-8 is unsucessful season. The Chargers only made the playoffs because Denver collasped
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2010, 06:20 PM
 
909 posts, read 2,705,125 times
Reputation: 246
Isn't this thread about Brian Westbrook? come on people, especially TVsportsguy. Why did you even start this thread. So you could argue about Donovan McNabb? HES GOOD, BUT NOT F****** GREAT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top