U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you enjoy watching the most?
PRO FOOTBALL (NFL) 26 40.63%
COLLEGE FOOTBALL (NCAA) 33 51.56%
HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL 5 7.81%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 09:28 AM

9,678 posts, read 4,629,723 times

Advertisements

In my area, one high school team has dominated for years. I think they have won the state championship for the last five years. Yes, they have done some very unethical things, like allowing out of district athletes to play there with no out of district tuition. Unethical, but not a rules violation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2015, 08:22 PM

2,776 posts, read 2,379,680 times
I really don't like college football.
I can't find a team to cheer for, so I just cheer for any team playing Wisconsin. My alma mater doesn't have a football team (basketball only), & it feels wrong to cheer for some school you didn't go to. Plus the players seem so young. 18-22 year olds are pretty much kids.

Some SEC teams & matchups are fun to watch occasionally. SEC fans are die hards, so it's fun to cheer for the SEC conference, because a lot of those states don't have any pro teams (Mississippi, Kentucky, Alabama etc.)

Old 01-25-2015, 11:52 AM

3,022 posts, read 4,532,697 times
Love NFL...GO BALSITIC over College because these are just pure athletes that are doing it for the love of the game...and of course to get a shot at the NFL. love the bands, love the tailgating, love how they are just normal people for now. HS...meh, I was not of of them in HS so it seems the rest of us were outcasts. As an adult, I am a top performer at my career, so I am the jock now...but heck, I still can't throw a spiral to save my life. NFL is great though. You get the best of the best out there. I wish the scoring was more frequent like it is in College. I get the best of both worlds. I am a Duck fan, so I get to see crazy offense, I am a Sea Hawk Fan so I get to see stout defense. Time will tell if I get at least ONE championship out of those two teams this year. Either was, both teams got a chance to play on the big stage this year. I suspect that my Neon green (and blue) boys will not let me down next Sunday.

Old 01-28-2015, 01:39 PM

13,944 posts, read 19,185,812 times
NFL, and it's not even close. Even on your best college football team, only a handful of those players are good enough to make an NFL roster. The professional game is exponentially more complex as well and requires players to play above and beyond their mental limits, unlike the college game where the schemes are simplified.

Old 01-28-2015, 04:42 PM

3,093 posts, read 4,143,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
NFL, and it's not even close. Even on your best college football team, only a handful of those players are good enough to make an NFL roster. The professional game is exponentially more complex as well and requires players to play above and beyond their mental limits, unlike the college game where the schemes are simplified.
Definitely more complex schemes in the pros, but in college you're more likely to see innovation in formations and schemes. The NFL is definitely a bit more set in it's ways when it comes to that.

Old 07-12-2015, 06:37 PM

1,133 posts, read 1,811,544 times
In Texas, some of our highschool games have more attendance than many college teams, and even some pro teams!

"Friday Night Lights" is not just a movie. It a Texas passion and way of life!

Old 07-13-2015, 10:45 AM

10,850 posts, read 19,464,390 times
Pro. I couldn't care less about College sports and unless you have a kid in high school that plays sports, why would you care about HS sports? I guess for small towns that's a thing.

I like NFL and only real games. (can't stand pre-season).

Old 07-13-2015, 11:00 AM

13,944 posts, read 19,185,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southeasttexas View Post
In Texas, some of our highschool games have more attendance than many college teams, and even some pro teams!

"Friday Night Lights" is not just a movie. It a Texas passion and way of life!
Well to be fair, it is Texas. Not like there's anything else to do there.

Old 07-13-2015, 11:10 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,138,175 times
Still greatly enjoy pro football, but can't deny that college football has excellent moments which need to be watched.

I was seriously disappointed and quite turned off by Florida State's coach & administration, in how they protected and pampered Jameis Winston in light of so many on & off field episodes, but that was one seriously low moment in an otherwise solid college season.

Hopefully, we won't see any more episodes, or protecting and pampering of college athletes like that!

Old 07-13-2015, 11:10 AM

15,908 posts, read 10,097,097 times
NFL first, followed by college. When the NFL is on, Sunday is nothing but football in our household. The Browns are generally on at 1PM EST, but we watch the 4PM and 8PM games as well as the Monday Night game. My wife likes football, so she is cool with it. I could ALSO watch College Football all day Saturday, but unfortunately she just doesn't feel the same interest as I do, so after the Buckeyes game is over (depending on when they are playing) we usually compromise. As for high school football, my region of northeast Ohio does have quite a large fanfare, and I do tend to follow my old alma mater.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football