Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you enjoy watching the most?
PRO FOOTBALL (NFL) 26 40.63%
COLLEGE FOOTBALL (NCAA) 33 51.56%
HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL 5 7.81%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 07:55 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,281,261 times

Advertisements

Which do you enjoy to watch more... PRO FOOTBALL (NFL), COLLEGE FOOTBALL (NCAA), or HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL?

And please tell us WHY?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 05:25 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,031,285 times
I definitely enjoy watching college football more than the NFL or High School football. I watch a lot of NFL games, but I watch far more college games. I like college football more because of the atmosphere. I've attended many college football games in person and some NFL games. Even though both are exciting, college games are more enjoyable overall IMO. You have the rowdy student section, the marching bands, and all the traditions that make college football very unique. IMO nothing really compares to it, at least at the Division I level. In addition, there is usually less drama overall off the field in college football vs. the NFL. I like that too...lol.

Old 08-17-2010, 06:04 PM

6,077 posts, read 9,100,962 times
College Football, by far!!!

Old 08-17-2010, 06:04 PM

18,216 posts, read 25,850,946 times
I enjoy it all, although admittedly an NFL fan. I've been going to Denver Bronco games since 1962. But TT Dave brings a couple good points regarding the crowds and the tradition of it. I've gone to a few Colorado University/Colorado State University games at the old Mile high Stadium and really enjoyed the atmosphere.

And I enjoy the atmosphere at a high school game. In fact, I watched a game on the tube while staying overnight at a motel near Midland, Tx., just down the road aways from where TT Dave lives. Playing was one of the high school teams from Midland and one from Odessa. Talk about atmosphere and talk about a crowd-whew!

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 08-17-2010 at 06:43 PM..

Old 08-17-2010, 06:51 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,031,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
And I enjoy the atmosphere at a high school game. In fact, I watched a game on the tube while staying overnight at a motel near Midland, Tx., just down the road aways from where TT Dave lives. Playing was one of the high school teams from Midland and one from Odessa. Talk about atmosphere and talk about a crowd-whew!
Yeah, we are very serious about our high school football here in Texas...lol. I've been to many games between Abilene, Midland, and Odessa teams (I went to Abilene Cooper). Good high school rivalry games like those can be very exciting.

Old 08-17-2010, 08:14 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,459,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dave View Post
Yeah, we are very serious about our high school football here in Texas...lol. I've been to many games between Abilene, Midland, and Odessa teams (I went to Abilene Cooper). Good high school rivalry games like those can be very exciting.
Cooper is back in 5a and in the Little SWC again. They look to be pretty loaded with a grip of starters back. Davon Riddick (rb) will have a great year, but that Warbird offense will be tough to slow down. That game against AHS will be big. I expect Cooper to get into the playoffs behind Abilene, Odessa, and Permian.

Yeah, there is no state that rivals the atmosphere of Texas high school football...well, at least no state I've ever been to. When you have 30,000+ at Cowboy stadium for a 2nd round playoff game, you know it's got to be serious.

Here's a cool clip for all y'all who've seen the movie "Friday Night Lights." This is what really happened in the Permian-Dallas Carter semi-final game (not championship). In fact, Carter went on to play a team called Judson (big powerhouse from San Antonio) and beat them, but they had to forfeit the title due to an ineligible player. In fact, Dallas Carter was really painted in a bad light in that film. Another little tidbit, Permian QBs are either #20 or #25.

YouTube - 1988 Odessa Permian vs Dallas Carter

Last edited by Acuda; 08-17-2010 at 08:39 PM..

Old 08-20-2010, 06:24 PM

1,366 posts, read 3,346,217 times
Couldn't care less about high school football, but it's close between college and the pros. My vote goes to college.

Old 08-20-2010, 06:42 PM

1,261 posts, read 2,023,149 times
High school football is a more southern and small town thing though.

I think they like it down in the southern part of VA. In Northern VA it's Redskins and the heck with all else honestly.

I prefer college football though, despite being in a pro market.

Old 01-22-2015, 07:03 AM

1,188 posts, read 1,410,327 times
College, because of the pageantry, atmosphere, and not having to deal with million-dollar egos.

Old 01-22-2015, 09:34 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,660,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golden eagles fan View Post
College, because of the pageantry, atmosphere, and not having to deal with million-dollar egos.
College has million dollar egos, coaches!

I do enjoy the pageantry and atmosphere of college games. I did not attend any NFL games this year, I did attend 1 college games and also enjoy the simplicity of high school games but often find myself wishing there was replay. I took my kids to 4 or 5 high school games this year mainly because we can walk to the games. I suspect/hope that in a few years, my son will be playing while I watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football