U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 11:57 AM

909 posts, read 2,706,815 times

Advertisements

They can, but they won't. They can't handle being under the spotlight in December/ January. Even though they won a playoff game last year, that was their first sense 1995 wasn't it? Maybe I'm wrong, but if I'm right, that's just pathetic for a dynasty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2010, 12:33 PM

8,746 posts, read 7,748,367 times
Can the Cowboys make it to the SB this year? Yes, they can. They have plenty of talent on the team. Will they make it? It's way too early to tell. As a Cowboys fan I am frustrated about their lack luster performance in the pre-season. However, if my memory serves me correctly, the Cowboys have rarely played well in the pre-season, even in the years they went all the way to the SB and won it.

Old 09-02-2010, 12:33 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,939,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
After spending billions of dollars on a new stadium way out in Arlington & talking about going to the Super Bowl every single season do you think the Cowboys are still the self proclaimed "America's Team" of the 90's?

lmao..."way out in Arlington"? Dude, it's like 15-20 minutes from the old Stadium...right next door to where the Texas Rangers play.

Also, if you care to know, the Cowboys were never self proclaimed "America's Team of the 90's"...where did you get the "90's" from??

With a crushing loss by the Houston Texans last weekend it makes you wonder if they should even be playing in the NFL, and not that the Texans are all that bad, they're a good expansion team considering how few years they've been playing.

just echoing what another poster said...it's preseason bud, slow your roll. and for what it's worth, Matt Schaub and Andre Johnson were one of the top QB/WR combo's in the league last year...and the Texans are hardly an "expansion" team anymore...this is their 8th year in the league.

The Cowboys looked so bad I bet the Texas Aggies could have beat them. Romo got the **** sacked out of him several times & looked like a total wash up then there was that play where it took 3 or 4 Boys just to get that Texans player down by the jersey. The spotlight of the night was shown upon quarterback Matt Schaub & a blood thirsty Houston team.

IMO the Dallas Cowboys are a relic of the past. Its nice to reminisce their glory years, but lets get real here, they havn't had a good coach since Jimmy Johnson & Jerry Jones did his best to screw that little relationship up by telling him how to coach the team.

Lets discuss in an adult like manner.

discuss in an adult like manner?? boy, you got off to a real good start there kid...

you sound like a bitter eagles or redskins fan...don't worry, we'll see what happens in regular season.

Old 09-02-2010, 05:01 PM

909 posts, read 2,706,815 times
Metro Matt, I've always known the Cowboys to be called America's team of the 90's. But the Steelers are Americas team of all other decades!!!!!!!! Go Steelers!!!!!

Old 09-02-2010, 06:10 PM

5,530 posts, read 10,153,823 times
I hope not! I hate Dallas and any other "America's Teams", like Green Bay (especially) and Pittsburgh (although Pitt doesn't bother me as much for some reason). Nothing personal against the fans, but the media makes these "darlings" to be far more superior than they usually deserve. Case in point: like usual, most prognosticators on ESPN or CNNSI believe the Packers are the favorites to win the division and/or make it to the Super Bowl from the NFC/NFC North -- even though the Vikings were clearly superior last year and, for the most part, only improved during the offseason (minus a couple of key injuries). I really hate that!!

Old 09-02-2010, 07:23 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,385,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
That would be the D and O lines of the Cowboys, they lost the following week anyway
Doesn't matter they paid the Eagles back for the ending of the 2008 season.

Old 09-02-2010, 08:45 PM

22,341 posts, read 32,215,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Doesn't matter they paid the Eagles back for the ending of the 2008 season.

So are just anti Philly teams in total, like you just route against the phils but not really for any team

Old 09-02-2010, 09:48 PM

4,811 posts, read 8,824,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Dude, I despise the Cowboys and all but....it was a preseason game.

It was fun watching the Facebook parade of people hooting and cheering over a meaningless game. Now if they turn around and do the same thing when they play again in a game that counts....by all means.

Of course, it would be nice if the team could actually make the playoffs for once.

Lol I gotta rep you for this! I too hate them! I have a "friend" on facebook who was talking about how great the Cowboys were...I was like yeah ok....

Old 09-03-2010, 09:14 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,856,812 times
Their offensive line is gonna get them killed. There's not much Romo can do when he's laying on his back for more than half the game/s. The o-line doesn't improve, no Super Bowl for the Cowboys.

Old 09-05-2010, 10:00 AM

2,221 posts, read 3,190,472 times
Can they YES, Will they HELL NO!

The Detriot lions by virtue f play in the NFL theoretically can make to the Superbowl, but they wont just like the Cowboys wont. Only 2 teams will and only 1 will win....neither of those will be the Cowboys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or