Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 03:39 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,869,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I been watching football long enough to know that a 14 point lead in the 2nd qtr is nothing
It may mean nothing in one single game as anything is possible..... but it does tell a lot when Cowboys struggle this much for the entire season.

Have you noticed how almost every big play going the Cowboys way, is a close call if there isn't a flag?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2010, 04:06 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migol84 View Post
It may mean nothing in one single game as anything is possible..... but it does tell a lot when Cowboys struggle this much for the entire season.

Have you noticed how almost every big play going the Cowboys way, is a close call if there isn't a flag?

Have you noticed the game is tied at 17? Go away

Old 10-10-2010, 04:07 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,953,051 times
The Titans are deserters, they should burn

Old 10-10-2010, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Listen, I'm a Cowboys fan and have been my entire life. I get very excited when they win and when they lose. I am very critical of this team and they still have done nothing to prove that they can make it. When they have slow starts they are more than just unimpressive. I still contend that they should get a new coach, although I will admit that Phillips defensive schemes are good.

I will not go away. I will be here keeping it straight, giving completely unbiased assessments. It annoys me beyond comprehension when there are Cowboys fans who always want to justify every bad move or mistake the Cowboys make. It also annoys me when there are Cowboy fans who cannot take honest criticism of this Cowboys team, which they are so worthy of.

And for the record, I am cheering the Cowboys to win this game.... but I will always always always always always give strong criticism when they deserve it. That being said, I do not get how Bhoeler makes a 51 yarder but misses a 40-something yarder. That field goal miss will probably cost them if they don't make a TD. Why does it bother you if I make a honest assessment on this team? I've never understood that. I get as much upset as you do when Cowboys lose.

Old 10-10-2010, 04:35 PM

Quote:
And there you go... last two possessions, Cowboys take it all the way to the 30 and 20 yard line. Result: a missed field goal and a thrown interception.

My point is that shouldn't happen. I'm not expert on this, but I really think the coach has a lot to do with this.

Old 10-10-2010, 04:46 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Listen, I'm a Cowboys fan and have been my entire life. I get very excited when they win and when they lose. I am very critical of this team and they still have done nothing to prove that they can make it. When they have slow starts they are more than just unimpressive. I still contend that they should get a new coach, although I will admit that Phillips defensive schemes are good.

I will not go away. I will be here keeping it straight, giving completely unbiased assessments. It annoys me beyond comprehension when there are Cowboys fans who always want to justify every bad move or mistake the Cowboys make. It also annoys me when there are Cowboy fans who cannot take honest criticism of this Cowboys team, which they are so worthy of.

And for the record, I am cheering the Cowboys to win this game.... but I will always always always always always give strong criticism when they deserve it. That being said, I do not get how Bhoeler makes a 51 yarder but misses a 40-something yarder. That field goal miss will probably cost them if they don't make a TD. Why does it bother you if I make a honest assessment on this team? I've never understood that. I get as much upset as you do when Cowboys lose.

I never met a fan who overreacts over a 14 pt lead in the 2nd qtr. Did you know that if a team is down 14 and scores a TD they are only down 7???

Old 10-10-2010, 04:53 PM

Quote:
I never met a fan who overreacts over a 14 pt lead in the 2nd qtr. Did you know that if a team is down 14 and scores a TD they are only down 7???
I wasn't only reacting to their 14 point deficit. I was also reacting to their horrid mistakes. You didn't answer my question... why does it bother you so much that I am only being honest? I'm on your side here.... and you get upset that I'm only being honest?

This is ridiculous! I'm only speaking of facts and reality here.

Albeit, I think Cowboys are taking this one.

Old 10-10-2010, 05:00 PM
FBJ

Quote:
I wasn't only reacting to their 14 point deficit. I was also reacting to their horrid mistakes. You didn't answer my question... why does it bother you so much that I am only being honest? I'm on your side here.... and you get upset that I'm only being honest?

This is ridiculous! I'm only speaking of facts and reality here.

Albeit, I think Cowboys are taking this one.

Because you already had the Cowboys at 1-3 due to the fact they were down 17-3 with 2 qtrs to play.

Old 10-10-2010, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Because you already had the Cowboys at 1-3 due to the fact they were down 17-3 with 2 qtrs to play.
And why is that my fault?

If the Cowboys play this terrible they certainly are capable of going down 1-3. That is after all, why I get so upset.... and why I am so critical of them.

Old 10-10-2010, 05:10 PM
FBJ

Quote:
And why is that my fault?

If the Cowboys play this terrible they certainly are capable of going down 1-3. That is after all, why I get so upset.
Now that it's 7 mins left in the 4th qtr and Romo just threw a INT that led to a TD, it may be over but the score is 27-20 and Cowboys have a chance to respond. If they don't score on the next drive then that maybe it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football