U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 09:37 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,615 posts, read 50,541,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Texans picked him up as a backup. Leinharts completions are mostly dump offs. His avg yards per completion is around 4 I think.

Yeah I saw that this morning, so his career is basically over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2010, 05:15 PM

32,532 posts, read 30,818,710 times
I'll just throw out a few things and see if any other Cards fans come here with their opinions.

He was following Kurt Warner who most of us would like to see enshrined in Canton tomorrow. Tough act to follow on the field and off. Kurt is a well-know Christian and family man. Matty gave us the beer-bong, hot tub photos.

Matt didn't produce in camp up in Flagstaff. Matt then didn't produce in pre-season games. But along comes a kid named Max Hall who did in both places. (Write that name down. If Anderson doesn't light it up, Hall may be our starting QB halfway through the season. Fans are already lovin' us some Max.)

Larry Fitzgerald was injured on a Matty-thrown ball. Whether or not Fitz's injury was Matt's fault is open for discussion. (Chris Carter has his own opinions on this one.) Both Fitz and Whiz have said that Fitz had no input on the decision to let Matt go.

Most fans believe Matt and Coach Whisenhunt never clicked. Rumors of Matt's work ethic (or lack thereof) circulated. See beer-bong photos, as exhibit A. There was word that he was not a leader on the field or in the locker room. Not respected by the other players.

Whiz wanted first downs. Matt didn't produce them.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 09-06-2010 at 05:37 PM..

Old 09-06-2010, 05:52 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,615 posts, read 50,541,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I'll just throw out a few things and see if any other Cards fans come here with their opinions.

He was following Kurt Warner who most of us would like to see enshrined in Canton tomorrow. Tough act to follow on the field and off. Kurt is a well-know Christian and family man. Matty gave us the beer-bong, hot tub photos.

Matt didn't produce in camp up in Flagstaff. Matt then didn't produce in pre-season games. But along comes a kid named Max Hall who did in both places. (Write that name down. If Anderson doesn't light it up, Hall may be our starting QB halfway through the season. Fans are already lovin' us some Max.)

Larry Fitzgerald was injured on a Matty-thrown ball. Whether or not Fitz's injury was Matt's fault is open for discussion. (Chris Carter has his own opinions on this one.) Both Fitz and Whiz have said that Fitz had no input on the decision to let Matt go.

Most fans believe Matt and Coach Whisenhunt never clicked. Rumors of Matt's work ethic (or lack thereof) circulated. See beer-bong photos, as exhibit A. There was word that he was not a leader on the field or in the locker room. Not respected by the other players.

Whiz wanted first downs. Matt didn't produce them.

I'm not completely sure Kurt Warner is HOF material because of his career during the 2002-2007 era

2002-0-6 as a starter
2003-0-1 as a starter
2004-5-4 as a starter
2005-2-8 as a starter
2006-1-4 as a starter
2007-5-6 as a starter

So basically during that time he was-13-29 as a starter and in during the SB in 2009 his one INT was the difference in the game wich was returned for a 99 yd TD. So yes he has a SB ring but in his last two appearances in the SB, he has three interceptions and out of the three, two were returned for TD's. So i think kurt being a HOfer is debatable

Old 09-06-2010, 08:54 PM

1,673 posts, read 2,728,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Texans picked him up as a backup. Leinharts completions are mostly dump offs. His avg yards per completion is around 4 I think.
Glad he got picked up. Maybe he will flurish after some of this drama he has had to go through.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:03 AM

909 posts, read 2,710,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFerrari View Post
When i was listening to espn radio this morning i heard a good point to why they let him go. In alot of interviews with him, and the team - used to live in phoenix -none of his teamates believed that he could lead or help the team. He had no chance after Curt Warner did so well. Sucks for him it happend just before regular season got underway. Dont cry for him, he still got millions.

When you learn how too spell KURT Warner you can enjoy discussing on these forums LOL

Old 09-07-2010, 12:06 AM

909 posts, read 2,710,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I'm not completely sure Kurt Warner is HOF material because of his career during the 2002-2007 era

2002-0-6 as a starter
2003-0-1 as a starter
2004-5-4 as a starter
2005-2-8 as a starter
2006-1-4 as a starter
2007-5-6 as a starter

So basically during that time he was-13-29 as a starter and in during the SB in 2009 his one INT was the difference in the game wich was returned for a 99 yd TD. So yes he has a SB ring but in his last two appearances in the SB, he has three interceptions and out of the three, two were returned for TD's. So i think kurt being a HOfer is debatable

I agree that it is definitely debatable because he has been overrated by the "awe" factor many times. He was a solid starter no doubt, and didn't really play a full season until 2008 and 2009. I believe that he should of been a starting quarterback way before that and maybe his career could of gone better. I personally would like to see him in the hall of fame, but I really don't think it will happen and it will be a shame.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:11 PM

5,148 posts, read 4,459,105 times
I'll address this, in the Cardinals Team Thread, when I get time.

Old 09-08-2010, 03:38 PM

1,804 posts, read 3,712,012 times
Houston is understand you need a backup for the zone read scheme. But not Leinart come on man.

Old 09-11-2010, 10:49 PM

3,446 posts, read 5,819,841 times
So, the Texans brought back David Carr basically?

Didn't Koobs get that this did not work the first time...that brilliant experiment, yo!

Old 09-12-2010, 12:44 PM

1,673 posts, read 2,728,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision-Quest View Post
When you learn how too spell KURT Warner you can enjoy discussing on these forums LOL
****....dont care bout his name u lil pole jocker!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or