U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2010, 07:09 PM

1,938 posts, read 6,347,745 times

Advertisements

I admit, I am not a football fan...working on that though. My DH is a long time Buccs fan though and hasn't been to a game since we got married. Think that has something to do with me. Well, I just bought him tickets to a Red Skins vs Buccs game in Dec for his Oct bday. SSHHH he doesnt know yet.
I am hoping he will like it- but give me some input. How bad or good did I do:
30 yard line row 28. I have no idea where good seats are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2010, 07:44 AM

I see 20 people have read this but no replies...which must mean I got crappy seats! Why else would no one say anything. Well, its the thought that counts... hope he has fun nonetheless.

Old 09-07-2010, 07:56 AM

8,341 posts, read 14,091,333 times
row 28 in what section? There is a big difference between row 28 of the lower level and row 28 of the upper level.

Row 28 of the lower level..... yeah, those are ok.

Row 28 of the upper lever.... those are ok too, just much higher up.

Old 09-07-2010, 02:15 PM

thanks toast- they say "Quantity: 2 Section: Lower Level Sideline 124 Row: 28 Seats 19, 20"

Old 09-08-2010, 12:51 PM

9,415 posts, read 17,378,768 times
You can pretty much see where they are HERE (http://www.redskins.com/tickets/stadium.jsp - broken link). Click on section 124 and it'll give you a POV from the approximate seats. He should be happy with those. Nice gift, btw. I bought season (Bronco) tickets for my (ex) wife many years ago (1986). She kept them in the divorce.

Old 09-08-2010, 07:17 PM

Thanks for the link...Wish his seats where higher up because I don't think this view is that great-oh well.

I am from CO...so I think that's a "go Broncos"...lol. You should have seen my face when I heard Mike Shannahan's name on my local news- it made me think I was back in CO for a second! I miss CO!
I hope he likes the tickets...I really do. We have some army friends stationed up in DC and he is football fanatic- jerseys hanging in frames on walls, signed footballs, signed posters, etc..and I bought him a ticket too and simply said- be sure DH has a good time". Of course I coordinated this all through the wife so I never got to ask him if these were good seats or not...

Old 09-08-2010, 07:45 PM

23,628 posts, read 33,408,180 times
Make sure ya'll eat before the game. I went to the Skins final home game last year and I found out how Dan Synder paid for all of his free agent spending sprees, concession prices.

Old 09-08-2010, 09:24 PM

9,028 posts, read 16,419,733 times
those should be good seats ..... make sure you make a day out of it, that's part of the fun

either way - solid DW move

Old 09-08-2010, 09:30 PM

9,415 posts, read 17,378,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froggin4colorado View Post
...Wish his seats where higher up because I don't think this view is that great....
Before I bought season rights to Bronco tickets we had attended quite a few games in various seats around the stadium, from the lowest level to the very top of the top sections, from the 50-yard-line to the end zones, clubhouse seating, east side with lots of sun and west side with little sun. (This was the old Mile High Stadium.)

I don't think we ever had seats we didn't like. The low ones weren't as good for seeing the whole field, but they had the advantage of being closer when the ball was right in front of you, and they also had the advantage of being closer to sideline action. The worst ones were those in the nose-bleed section, and we had them for a year or two. Surprisingly, I really liked the ones in the north end zone. They were mid-level, and you could really see the lanes open up. The disadvantage was that the other end zone was waaaay over there!

I guess my point is, if you're a football fan it doesn't really matter where your seat is in the stadium; you're in the stadium and that's all that matters. He'll like them.

Old 09-08-2010, 10:20 PM

Thanks guys...I will let you know what he says when he gets them next month. With my luck- he will worry more about the cost of the tickets! We are doing the Dave Ramsey thing- my big push- so breaking down and buying these was a huge NO according to Dave Ramsey. But we have been so good and have paid down 6K in debt since June. Only 18K left! Will take awhile..but wanted to do something special, unexpected, and unique for him.
See you all soon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football