U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2010, 09:01 AM

8,309 posts, read 34,403,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
Garcon is a good play even though he hasnt really done anything yet this year. But as long as collie is sidelined he will have a good shot to score some points. Not only that but they play NE which always wind up being a shootout. The same could be said for wes welker but he hasnt seen many targets this year because of the way they are targeting tight ends this year.
That's about how I'm leaning. When I put it to paper most of my arguments for starting Welker are based on emotional "but if's". Using my brain seems to point more towards Garcon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2010, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
I also benched Marshall, Jimbo. I agree with you, he's almost on the Steve Smith (Carolina) level right now, who I just cut. The worst part is I also drafted Randy Moss. He hasn't been much better!
My first four picks:

MJD

Shonne Green

Brandon Marshall

Sidney Rice (we draft early in the preseason)

My waiver pickups:

Michael Vick

Peyton Hillis

Terrell Owens

Dez Bryant

Old 11-19-2010, 11:50 AM

8,114 posts, read 17,327,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
My first four picks:

MJD

Shonne Green

Brandon Marshall

Sidney Rice (we draft early in the preseason)

My waiver pickups:

Michael Vick

Peyton Hillis

Terrell Owens

Dez Bryant
This, Jim, is a classic case of making chicken salad out of the other end of the chicken. (cleaning up the vocabulary here for "G" rating)

Sometimes you can fudge a draft, whether it be because you got half-baked during the course of it, and still save the season early through astute waiver pick ups. You have appeared to conquer your early mis-steps!

Old 11-19-2010, 12:12 PM

9,369 posts, read 18,016,290 times
I have to choose between starting Peyton Manning as my QB vs New England (in NE) or Matt Ryan vs St. Louis (in St. Louis). Manning has been putting up some anorexic fantasy numbers lately and Ryan is hot and cold. I'm leaning towards Ryan because I'm not sure if Manning will be have a good game in N.E. without some of his core receivers. Anyone?

Old 11-19-2010, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
I have to choose between starting Peyton Manning as my QB vs New England (in NE) or Matt Ryan vs St. Louis (in St. Louis). Manning has been putting up some anorexic fantasy numbers lately and Ryan is hot and cold. I'm leaning towards Ryan because I'm not sure if Manning will be have a good game in N.E. without some of his core receivers. Anyone?
I am going to commit an act of heresy here and suggest that Matt Ryan is a better play than Peyton Manning, because of devastating loss of personnel on the part of the Colts. Reggie Wayne is now where Marvin Harrison was about two years before his 'pull date', an average receiver that can no longer stretch the field. Garcon has been wildly ineffective when he has played. Dallas Clark was an incredible loss to Manning and this team, and Austin Collie is not healthy.

In contrast, the Falcons play methodically, and have a team concept suited to an indoor artificial turf field. In fact, I don't even think this is close, in spite of what Roethlisberger did to the Pats in the 4th quarter this past week.

Old 11-30-2010, 07:00 AM

Alright,

Lets get this thread going again...

Welker versus Jets

Garcon versus Cowboys

Dez Bryant versus Colts

T. O. versus Saints

Jacoby Ford versus Chargers

I need to pick three.

I'm scared of Welker against the Jets. He's bound to get some attention that Moss used to get.

I'm scared of T.O. versus the Saints because he's starting to do his diva thing.

I'm scared of Dez Bryant versus Indy because he laid an egg last week.

I'm scared of Garcon because he and Manning look like they have never played catch before.

I'm scared of Jacoby Ford because he's a rookie who plays for the Raiders.

Old 11-30-2010, 08:00 AM

7,376 posts, read 12,885,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
Alright,

Lets get this thread going again...

Welker versus Jets

Garcon versus Cowboys

Dez Bryant versus Colts

T. O. versus Saints

Jacoby Ford versus Chargers

I need to pick three.

I'm scared of Welker against the Jets. He's bound to get some attention that Moss used to get.

I'm scared of T.O. versus the Saints because he's starting to do his diva thing.

I'm scared of Dez Bryant versus Indy because he laid an egg last week.

I'm scared of Garcon because he and Manning look like they have never played catch before.

I'm scared of Jacoby Ford because he's a rookie who plays for the Raiders.
Welker. Since revis will cover the outside that will most likely be branch.

Dez Bryant for sure.

the last choice is a coinflip but id probably go with T.O> simply because i dont think garcon is worthy of a starting position anymore. I dont know much about jacoby ford so i cant really recommend starting him since ive never seen him play.

Old 11-30-2010, 08:01 AM

7,376 posts, read 12,885,810 times
Grab Westbrook off your waiver wire while you still can! The 49ers are a power running team and gore is out for the season giving westbrook the start. Not only that but he is actually talented unlike some of these no name backups

Grab Blaire White off your wire if he is still available! With collie still out and with garcon not doing jack he is a good option for people who need a good WR

Old 11-30-2010, 08:44 AM

I agree with Skel about starting Dez Bryant, Jimbo. The other 4 are going to be tough, but I'd also lean towards Welker.

Old 11-30-2010, 02:19 PM

9,369 posts, read 18,016,290 times
I'd go with Welker, Bryant, and T.O.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football