U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2010, 03:53 PM

8,114 posts, read 17,321,756 times

Advertisements

Ok, I am 6-6 in my one league, last week of the season against a 5-7 team in my division, so the playoffs essentially start a week early for me.

My choices are:

QB: Orton against Chiefs on the road, or Brady against the Jets at home
RBs: Foster (bad matchup against Eagles, but guess I have to play him) Tolbert against Oakland, Jacobs against Redskins,
WRs: (Lost Nicks, which hurts) then Crabtree, R.Moss, Branch, Amendola, or Brandon Marshall.

DEF: Atlanta or Oakland.

I actually thought I drafted good receivers at one time, but they are the likely undoing of my team going in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2010, 05:41 AM

7,376 posts, read 12,881,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Ok, I am 6-6 in my one league, last week of the season against a 5-7 team in my division, so the playoffs essentially start a week early for me.

My choices are:

RBs: Foster (bad matchup against Eagles, but guess I have to play him) Tolbert against Oakland, Jacobs against Redskins,
WRs: (Lost Nicks, which hurts) then Crabtree, R.Moss, Branch, Amendola, or Brandon Marshall.

I actually thought I drafted good receivers at one time, but they are the likely undoing of my team going in.
This is not an easy one so take my advice with a grain of salt and go with whoever you feel comfortable with but

Brady
Foster, tolbert jacobs in that order
Branch, crabtree, Marshall, amendola, moss in that order.

Old 12-01-2010, 07:26 AM

8,309 posts, read 34,390,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
I'd go with Welker, Bryant, and T.O.
That's actually exactly who I had starting when I made the post. Just having a lot of apprehension. There are now several 7-5 teams in my league, all very close in points and I'm currently holding the 4th playoff spot. If I lose I'm probably going to drop two seeds into the consolation bracket.

I'm feeling pretty good about Vick vs. Houston, Hillis vs. Miami and MJD vs. Tennessee, but it would be nice to have some good help from at least two receivers. Welker saved my butt last week and put up decent numbers against the Jets in September, guess I have to roll with him. Those other two scare me, but less than Garcon scares me. Just watch, though - as soon as I turn my back on him he'll blow up for 25 points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
Grab Westbrook off your waiver wire while you still can! The 49ers are a power running team and gore is out for the season giving westbrook the start. Not only that but he is actually talented unlike some of these no name backups

Grab Blaire White off your wire if he is still available! With collie still out and with garcon not doing jack he is a good option for people who need a good WR
I actually put a waiver claim on Westbrook Monday night thinking that there was no way I would get him as the 7th out of 10 waiver priority. He was on my roster when I got up this morning.

Old 12-01-2010, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
This is not an easy one so take my advice with a grain of salt and go with whoever you feel comfortable with but

Brady
Foster, tolbert jacobs in that order
Branch, crabtree, Marshall, amendola, moss in that order.
Thanks, Skel, as always, for the advice.

Now, I was able, like Jimbo, to acquire Westbrook. Additionally, I am thinking Seahawks this week. I picked up Obomanu and the Seahawks defense. I plan on using the Seahawks this week, because, as I indicated, this essentially is the start of the playoffs for me. Now, I have a motley crew of receivers in Obomanu, Branch, Crabtree, Amendola, in addition to the better known R.Moss and Marshall. I am thinking that Obomanu is worth a start over practically all of these other options. I am in a flex league, i.e. 2 RBs, 2 WRs, and a flex option. With that said, now I have the following choices, combined, at RB/WR:

Foster, Tolbert, Jacobs, Westbrook, Obomanu, Branch, Crabtree, Amendola, Marshall, R.Moss.

The locks seem to be Foster and Tolbert. I have to go with 2 WRs, so I am thinking Obomanu, and probably Branch (C.Woodson is going to lock down Crabtree this week on the frozen tundra). The fifth flex position, therefore, is up for grabs.

Old 12-01-2010, 09:59 AM

7,376 posts, read 12,881,913 times
Well westbrook is playing Green bay so id probably sit him but westbrook is a man of talent and the 49ers are a power running team so who knows..
Ive never liked Jacobs, maybe thats why he is a 2nd string running back now even though he is the starter for now. Its not due to his ability but due to fumbilitis of bradshaw.
"People" are saying randy moss will have a big week due to his matchup but I will believe it when i see it.
Crabtree is always good for a lot of points sometimes. Is this week sometimes?
I wont comment on the other 3 as i dont follow them too closely.

Anyways good luck you have tough choices. Normally whoever i bench winds up having an awesome week.

Old 12-01-2010, 12:35 PM

9,369 posts, read 18,010,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post

My choices are:

I'd start Brady at home.

Foster and Tolbert for your running game.

I'd go with Crabtree, Branch and Marshall for receivers. You might as well forget Moss, the Titans do not have a QB who will be able to get to him in double coverage.

Defense I'd go with Atlanta. They were able to hold Green Bay to 17 points last week, not too shabby.

Old 12-03-2010, 10:42 AM

I am a happy guy today after getting two TDs from Foster last night. Believe it or not, I actually considered benching him, but rationality wound up trumping emotion.

Old 12-03-2010, 06:05 PM

5,288 posts, read 6,362,336 times
I have the weird decision of starting Flacco vs Pit, or Ben vs Baltimore. I think Im going with Flacco since he is pretty hot and ben is banged up. But its as good as a flip to me

Old 12-06-2010, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
I have the weird decision of starting Flacco vs Pit, or Ben vs Baltimore. I think Im going with Flacco since he is pretty hot and ben is banged up. But its as good as a flip to me
It was as good as a coin flip: they both threw for 1 TD, and almost identical yardage!

Old 12-07-2010, 08:10 AM

8,309 posts, read 34,390,741 times
Welker saved my butt again, but now I must start Garcon since Dez Bryant is dead to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football