U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2010, 08:40 AM

8,114 posts, read 17,329,068 times

Advertisements

The Patriots saved me last night. Last game of the season, one playoff spot left, me versus my opponent for who claims it. I went into the game 20 points down, with Brady, Branch and Hernandez. My opponent was totaled out. I won by 16.

Fate is a tricky thing. Sunday morning, I was food shopping, knowing I had to get back to the house 5 minutes before 11 in the morning (I live in the Mountain Time Zone) to make changes to my lineup. I had the intention of switching Tom Brady for Kyle Orton, once I knew it was going to be a clear day, weather-wise, in Kansas City. A very crowded store, coupled with a very slow cashier, delayed my arrival back at my computer: I was 10 minutes too late. Unbeknownst to me at the time, that cashier effectively extended my fantasy football season, as I was 'forced' to go with Brady. Now I live to fight another day as a wild card entry in our league playoffs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2010, 10:32 AM

7,376 posts, read 12,887,222 times
I was playing for a playoff spot last night. I win im in, i lose im out. I was up 20 points with green ellis and branch to go. He had brady, braylon edwards, LT and jets defense. I won by 1 point. Man what a game!

Old 12-07-2010, 10:43 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,364,704 times
10-3, clinched playoff spot in my big league. Other smaller stakes league? 1-12

Old 12-07-2010, 12:47 PM

8,309 posts, read 34,408,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
10-3, clinched playoff spot in my big league. Other smaller stakes league? 1-12
I started out 1-5 and was fighting to stay out of the toilet bowl. Just extended my winning streak to seven, am currently 8-5 and in second place. I went into Monday night needing 10 points out of Welker. It wasn't looking good since I thought he was going to be stuck on Revis Island. Not quite as exciting as a previous poster's 1 point win, but there was much celebration at my house when Welker rolled into the endzone.

Old 12-07-2010, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
The Patriots saved me last night. Last game of the season, one playoff spot left, me versus my opponent for who claims it. I went into the game 20 points down, with Brady, Branch and Hernandez. My opponent was totaled out. I won by 16.

Fate is a tricky thing. Sunday morning, I was food shopping, knowing I had to get back to the house 5 minutes before 11 in the morning (I live in the Mountain Time Zone) to make changes to my lineup. I had the intention of switching Tom Brady for Kyle Orton, once I knew it was going to be a clear day, weather-wise, in Kansas City. A very crowded store, coupled with a very slow cashier, delayed my arrival back at my computer: I was 10 minutes too late. Unbeknownst to me at the time, that cashier effectively extended my fantasy football season, as I was 'forced' to go with Brady. Now I live to fight another day as a wild card entry in our league playoffs.
Haha, in the gambling world we would call that quite the "sweat"

Congrats on the win

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
I started out 1-5 and was fighting to stay out of the toilet bowl. Just extended my winning streak to seven, am currently 8-5 and in second place. I went into Monday night needing 10 points out of Welker. It wasn't looking good since I thought he was going to be stuck on Revis Island. Not quite as exciting as a previous poster's 1 point win, but there was much celebration at my house when Welker rolled into the endzone.
Nice, I have had a year like that, but your story illustrates why even with my #1 seed I can't feel super confident in the playoffs. It's such a crapshoot at this point. Luckily my big dogs are in heated divisional battles (except for T.O. who has been a monster this year for me) so I don't think I will have to worry about anyone getting rested, at least not until week 17.

Old 12-07-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Nice, I have had a year like that, but your story illustrates why even with my #1 seed I can't feel super confident in the playoffs. It's such a crapshoot at this point. Luckily my big dogs are in heated divisional battles (except for T.O. who has been a monster this year for me) so I don't think I will have to worry about anyone getting rested, at least not until week 17.
I picked up Owens in the 8th round and had hecklers for the terrible, early pickup of washed-up-old-man-Owens. That's been one of my best players from the draft.

Old 12-07-2010, 03:15 PM

Quote:
I picked up Owens in the 8th round and had hecklers for the terrible, early pickup of washed-up-old-man-Owens. That's been one of my best players from the draft.
Ha yeah, I think I got a few comments when I took him also. We also heckled the guy who drafted Vick in like the 7th-ish round. Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it?

Old 12-08-2010, 06:50 AM

7,376 posts, read 12,887,222 times
TO is a beast! I was a heckler though ill admit.

Old 12-09-2010, 09:59 PM

I almost started Kenny Britt over Pierre Garcon...

Old 12-12-2010, 06:27 AM

23,643 posts, read 33,439,851 times
Quote:
I almost started Kenny Britt over Pierre Garcon...
I already made the mistake of starting G Jennings, M Williams (TB), and A Boldin over Garcon. Their matchups were way too good to resist, (DET, WAS, HOU) respectively.

Should I start Fitzpatrick (vs CLE) or Schaub (vs BAL) this week?

How about at RB starting two; J Stewart vs ATL, L Blount vs WAS, R Rice vs HOU, or M Forte (vs NE)?

1st week of playoffs in my KY league.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football