U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 12:50 PM

8,309 posts, read 34,417,691 times

Advertisements

Is it time to bench Terrell Owens?

He's clearly doing his trademark "unhappy dance" and bad mojo in the locker room has a funny way of trickling down to your fantasy football bottom-line.

I picked up Vincent Jackson and am seriously considering giving him T.O.'s job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2010, 08:56 AM

8,115 posts, read 17,333,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
Is it time to bench Terrell Owens?

He's clearly doing his trademark "unhappy dance" and bad mojo in the locker room has a funny way of trickling down to your fantasy football bottom-line.

I picked up Vincent Jackson and am seriously considering giving him T.O.'s job.
My opponent this week has the same such scenario. I was just on the phone with him, and he is leaning towards Jackson. I think he's making the right move, for I think the Bengals are a broken franchise right now. You have to consider which team is going to score the most points against their opponent this week, and plan accordingly.

THOUGH, I thought the Patriots would score south of 17 in the snow in Chicago last Sunday, and I BENCHED TOM BRADY, and DEION BRANCH.

Thankfully, that did not cost me, and I barely, barely won my game in spite of that blunder last week, and am now in the semi-finals!

Old 12-16-2010, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
My opponent this week has the same such scenario. I was just on the phone with him, and he is leaning towards Jackson. I think he's making the right move, for I think the Bengals are a broken franchise right now. You have to consider which team is going to score the most points against their opponent this week, and plan accordingly.

THOUGH, I thought the Patriots would score south of 17 in the snow in Chicago last Sunday, and I BENCHED TOM BRADY, and DEION BRANCH.

Thankfully, that did not cost me, and I barely, barely won my game in spite of that blunder last week, and am now in the semi-finals!
If Ochocinco's foot is actually "totally jacked up" and the x-rays reveal a significant injury that would preclude his participation in the matchup with Cleveland, then I'm definitely going with Jackson. I don't think that T.O.'s value is enhanced by the loss of #85.

Jim Rome got in my head yesterday when I was driving home for lunch, though. Something about "Hey Fantasy Guy: Why would you start making a bunch of changes to your lineup now that you're in the playoffs instead of sticking with what got you there?"

Old 12-16-2010, 10:46 AM

Quote:
If Ochocinco's foot is actually "totally jacked up" and the x-rays reveal a significant injury that would preclude his participation in the matchup with Cleveland, then I'm definitely going with Jackson. I don't think that T.O.'s value is enhanced by the loss of #85.

Jim Rome got in my head yesterday when I was driving home for lunch, though. Something about "Hey Fantasy Guy: Why would you start making a bunch of changes to your lineup now that you're in the playoffs instead of sticking with what got you there?"
It depends if you are in a PPR league, Jimbo. If CJ is out, then you'd best believe that will result in an increase in targets for TO. I am not so sure they will find their way into the end zone very easily, however. Carson Palmer's arm doesn't command nearly the respect it used to.

Old 12-16-2010, 06:37 PM

Quote:
It depends if you are in a PPR league, Jimbo. If CJ is out, then you'd best believe that will result in an increase in targets for TO. I am not so sure they will find their way into the end zone very easily, however. Carson Palmer's arm doesn't command nearly the respect it used to.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!! VINCENT F'ING JACKSON!! I'm an evil fantasy football genius!!

Old 12-16-2010, 08:26 PM

3,675 posts, read 7,845,667 times
Quote:
aaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!! Vincent f'ing jackson!! I'm an evil fantasy football genius!!
score!!!

Old 12-17-2010, 06:39 AM

Quote:

Did your opponent make the 29.2 point selection?

Old 12-17-2010, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Did your opponent make the 29.2 point selection?
Indeed he did. I came into work limping, metaphorically speakin, my opponent went medieval on me.

At least I got a 'booby' prize: A TD from Mike Tolbert.

Seriously, I have to give you and my opponent all the credit in the world. That's how you win league championships. Those moments when you have two nearly identical players in terms of talent, but you consider the entirety of the situation, and make the most informed decisions going forward.

Old 12-17-2010, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Indeed he did. I came into work limping, metaphorically speakin, my opponent went medieval on me.

At least I got a 'booby' prize: A TD from Mike Tolbert.

Seriously, I have to give you and my opponent all the credit in the world. That's how you win league championships. Those moments when you have two nearly identical players in terms of talent, but you consider the entirety of the situation, and make the most informed decisions going forward.
My opponent's entry on the smack board this morning:

"I can't f***** believe you started Jackson. Have him in other league and thought it was too risky. Now I getting double-f***** by him. I hate your face."

Old 12-18-2010, 10:01 PM

7,186 posts, read 11,234,288 times
Ok gang... I've got some decisions for for Week 15:

Play Flacco (vs NO) or Roethlisberger (vs NYJ)?

Play Chicago (at MIN... brrrrr) or Baltimore (vs NO) DST?

Play 3 of these WR's:
Miles Austin (vs WASH), Hakim Nicks (vs PHI), Wes Welker (vs GB), M Williams (vs Lions).

Curious what y'all think...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football