U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 01:26 PM

7,529 posts, read 6,173,929 times

Advertisements

this is also my 1st yr using a punter, and my 1st yr using a head coach.

I also have Lechler from Oakland, as for your dilemma I think either choice would be a good one. I know on my league you get extra points for a punt inside the 20 and more still for a punt inside the 10 so choose which team will stall at the 50 more. LOL.

I think the 9er defense is better than Tennessee's, but I'm not sure the Raider offense is better than Seattle's and the Hawks are home.

So it's a 50/50 to me, go with your gut.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2010, 02:38 PM

552 posts, read 644,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvarks View Post
this is also my 1st yr using a punter, and my 1st yr using a head coach.

I also have Lechler from Oakland, as for your dilemma I think either choice would be a good one. I know on my league you get extra points for a punt inside the 20 and more still for a punt inside the 10 so choose which team will stall at the 50 more. LOL.

I think the 9er defense is better than Tennessee's, but I'm not sure the Raider offense is better than Seattle's and the Hawks are home.

So it's a 50/50 to me, go with your gut.
Sounds real similar to my league, I have Vikings and 49ers head coaches. I left Vikes on bench Thursday and hoping for a win with niners.

Old 09-13-2010, 09:38 AM

3,334 posts, read 5,831,681 times
I'd just like to say that earlier in this thread I gave advice to start Matt Forte and Arian Foster and they both had over 200 yards and 2 TDs. I'm feelin' good! Actually, I'd feel a lot better if I had either of these two on my fantasy teams - my RBs gave me nothing on Sunday !

Old 09-13-2010, 10:45 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,391,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parti Rhinocéros View Post
I'd just like to say that earlier in this thread I gave advice to start Matt Forte and Arian Foster and they both had over 200 yards and 2 TDs. I'm feelin' good! Actually, I'd feel a lot better if I had either of these two on my fantasy teams - my RBs gave me nothing on Sunday !
Yes yes, good call. Fantasy football leads me to think Im a genius one sunday, and a donkey the next.

Old 09-13-2010, 11:27 AM

8,123 posts, read 17,405,230 times
I drafted Foster in both of my leagues (he was one of my 'must haves') and have to admit I feel pretty good right about now.

Of course, I benched Hakeem Nicks in favor of Michael Crabtree. Luckily, I am still in front in spite of that mistake, but I have to go against Jamaal Charles and Dwayne Bowe tonight.

I also pulled Steve Smith (Carolina) last minute in a flex league, in favor of Charles. (That was another mistake, as Smith scored and had a good yardage game) One of the foibles of fantasy football is if you are in two leagues, you have these conflicts. In essence, I have Charles going both for me and against me tonight.

I guess the point of this post is not to take who I say to bench or start very seriously, because when you bench 38 points in one of your leagues (I was able to accomplish this) it's an overt admission of not knowing your ass from first base. That's the beauty of fantasy football.

Old 09-13-2010, 03:13 PM

7,529 posts, read 6,173,929 times
0 catches, 0 yards, and 0 TD's = 0 points,

thank you very much Mike Sims-Walker, you stiff.

he's my WR3 on 2 teams.

Old 09-13-2010, 03:49 PM

8,308 posts, read 34,572,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvarks View Post
0 catches, 0 yards, and 0 TD's = 0 points,

thank you very much Mike Sims-Walker, you stiff.

he's my WR3 on 2 teams.
Well, MJD didn't do me a lot of good either but at least he scored more than 1.06 points a la Kevin Kolb (scrambling for another QB right now... I thought Kolb and Roethlisberger would be a good risk balancing set of QB's (we draft on the weekend of the first preseason game (which is probably going to change next year based on the number of terrible busts we've had))) (yeah, I went triple parentheses)

I would have appreciated more than 5.3 points out of Brandon Marshall as well.

I feel pretty good about not starting both Ryan Grant and Joseph Addai over Arian Foster like my Week 1 opponent, however.

Also, what do you guys think about starting Giants runners next week?

Old 09-13-2010, 05:19 PM

5,288 posts, read 6,391,987 times
WRs are soooooo frusturating, I get torched by Miles Austin last night (while his team only scored 7) yet I can't get ANYTHING out of Percy Harvin. I also hate week 1 in general, so much variance. In one league, I need Gates/Flacco/Baltimore D to score 40, I guess I have an outside chance, and in my other I need Green/Mcgahee to score 20 combined. Both scenarios are possible, but not feeling great about either.

Old 09-14-2010, 07:28 AM

7,376 posts, read 12,945,063 times
1. If I am a Pierre Garcon owner I would be nervous. Wayne caught 7, Clark caught 10, Collie caught 10 and Garcon only 4. Manning won’t throw 57 times a game anymore so less balls may go Garcons way. See what happens next week but Collie looked great.

2. Forte helped Cutler appear to have a good game on the stat sheet. Watching the game it looked like the same old Cutler from last year.

3. CJ. Spiller is going to have a rough rookie year. Even with all that athletisism, there is just no talent on that Bills offensive roster to help him.

4. Larry Fitzgerald was thrown at 15 times but only caught 3 passes. Hopefully D. Anderson can get alittle more accurate or Fitz really is going to suffer this year.

5. Everyone including me was high on all Niners this year…wow…they look like they are going to have a rough season. They got man-handled on both lines and A.Smith looked like he’s always looked, lost. With the Saints next on the schedule, hello 0-2

6. If Dallas’ offense scheme is going to be dink and dunk passes, mostly horizontal, I’m glad I sat on a QB until later in the draft. Wade’s post game interview sounded like someone who feel like hes about to be fired. And I’m sure Jerry Jones fired him in his head five or six times last night.

7. Calvin Johnson scored a touchdown…thats all I have to say about that.

8. Wes Welker looks amazing for someone at that position with that injury. Should be another 120+ catch season. I had so my faith in him that i drafted him as my #1Wr in 2 leagues. Yay me.

9. I think Sam Bradford is the real deal. He look confident and played well for his first game. Should be a great keeper for your Dynasty team.

10. Matt Moore looks scared and the Panthers run game doesn’t look the same as last year.
Obviously we won’t really know how concerned one should be with Week 1 outcomes but being that these teams had in essence all preseason to prepare for yesterday it certainly doesn’t look good.

11) What happened to all the "top" Running backs. Yeah its only week1 but when your number 1 draft pick puts up only 6 to 10 points you start to worry. Gore, Turner, MJD, AP, J Stewart etc. Where are my fantasy points? Chris Johnson is off the chain though.

Arian Foster owners, congratulations.

Old 09-14-2010, 02:48 PM

17,032 posts, read 27,003,604 times
I got D. Anderson for back up QB with hopes Fitzgerald can carry him in a pinch start. But now Vick is on the open market, should I pick him up instead? Hasselbeck also available, but I thought Seattle would be terrible this season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football