U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 12:04 PM

761 posts, read 3,043,975 times

Advertisements

Hey I have Peyton Manning that I usually start, drafted Vick in the very late rounds. Which of the two would you play now that Vick has the starting job?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 12:22 PM

5,288 posts, read 6,367,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norsky1 View Post
Hey I have Peyton Manning that I usually start, drafted Vick in the very late rounds. Which of the two would you play now that Vick has the starting job?
Keep vick till after Mannings bye week then use him as trade bait. Manning is a safer bet. If you are like in love with vick and think he will keep this up, then do the same with manning.

I suppose you could keep both and play the best match up too. Although Im ok starting Manning every game he plays.

Old 09-27-2010, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Keep vick till after Mannings bye week then use him as trade bait. Manning is a safer bet. If you are like in love with vick and think he will keep this up, then do the same with manning.

I suppose you could keep both and play the best match up too. Although Im ok starting Manning every game he plays.
Exactly my thoughts, Peyton is a solid 20+ points a week, and vick could be good trade bait for a top RB or WR

Old 09-27-2010, 02:46 PM

977 posts, read 1,631,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHokiesGo View Post
I've got both the Ravens and Steelers Defense in my fantasy league. I regret using the Ravens so much this week! The Steelers D racked up a ton of fantasy points, and probably would've pushed me over the edge to get the win for the week, oh well....
Ravens defense blows this year. Can't create turnovers or keep people from scoring. They got me 3 points against Cleveland. Cleveland! And 2 points the week before. I am dropping them this week but not sure who to pick up. It looks like Seattle, San Diego, and Tennessee are the best ones still available. Any thoughts?

Old 09-27-2010, 02:50 PM

8,309 posts, read 34,430,919 times
Quote:
Manning. I've been starting Vick since he took over for Kolb and the result has been great, but I don't have a perennial top 3 QB on the roster and I wouldn't hesitate to keep Manning in the #1 spot and trade Vick RIGHT NOW for another position where I have a need.

Old 09-28-2010, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
Manning. I've been starting Vick since he took over for Kolb and the result has been great, but I don't have a perennial top 3 QB on the roster and I wouldn't hesitate to keep Manning in the #1 spot and trade Vick RIGHT NOW for another position where I have a need.
I will have to wait until after they bye week though since I don't have another "starting" QB on my roster as it stands, they all got benched. LOL

Old 09-28-2010, 08:06 AM

7,376 posts, read 12,894,112 times
Quote:
Manning. He is in the top 5 right now for fantasy points plus colts always go to the air when they are behind. Matter of fact they go to the air when they are a head.

Old 09-29-2010, 09:17 AM

7,376 posts, read 12,894,112 times
Questions im pondering about my fantasy team.

Will Lance Moore continue to be hot?

How will steven jackson do this weekend? He has an injury, what does this mean for his fantasy value?

Will Austin collie stay hot and will colston stay cold?

Will Fred Taylor be back this week and if so what does that mean for benjarvus green ellis?

Is hernandez(new england) the TE to pick up on the wire now. I have cooley but cooley has been cooled off.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:09 AM

8,115 posts, read 17,338,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
Questions im pondering about my fantasy team.

Will Lance Moore continue to be hot?

How will steven jackson do this weekend? He has an injury, what does this mean for his fantasy value?

Will Austin collie stay hot and will colston stay cold?

Will Fred Taylor be back this week and if so what does that mean for benjarvus green ellis?

Is hernandez(new england) the TE to pick up on the wire now. I have cooley but cooley has been cooled off.
Re: Moore. If you consider that Reggie Bush is on the shelf for a few more weeks, then someone else has to compensate for the throws that go his way. But is it Moore? I am not so sure. The first TD he caught was on a fly route. Bush doesn't run that type of route. I would bank on Moore being more of a one week wonder, but if you have a stash spot on your roster, he is worth occupying it for now. I'd wait and see a few weeks from now. Next week, who knows, Devery Henderson or Robert Meachem might score two TDs in a game, then go away for three weeks. In my mind, this how you LOSE fantasy football, rather than win it. You want consistent week in, week out performers. The Saints are the opposite of this. You can't bank on who will produce weekly.

Steven Jackson is a strong, durable player, and I would count on his speedy recovery. I love the player, but continue to dislike the team.

Austin Collie is a tough call. Perhaps Reggie Wayne is slowing down, but in the 2009 draft, he was probably one of the three top WRs taken in every draft. His role began to wane as the year went on. I don't see any reversal in that role, he continues to subjigate his presence on the offense as the go to guy. Moreover, Dallas Clark has to be considered when gauging the number of targets Collie will get. The Colts are almost a junior version of the Saints, you just can't forecast who will get the ball thrown to a receiver on any given week. It used to be Marvin Harrison was a sure #1. Peyton Manning doesn't really play that way any longer.

The Patriots are a Russian roulette wheel when it comes to RB production. I don't know from one week to the next who will produce. Fred Taylor is 34, however, and isn't going to make it through 13 more games.

Hernandez, in my opinion, is a better option right now than Chris Cooley, especially if it's a PPR.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:24 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,367,818 times
Great stuff Mike. The saints WRs have driven me insane for the last couple of years, not only is it spread out with them, but I swear all their #s benig with 1-, so I think my guy catches it, then its #19 instead of #12 or #17 etc. Sooooo annoying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football