U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2010, 11:41 AM

977 posts, read 1,631,537 times

Advertisements

I just traded Steven Jackson away for Darren McFadden. Jackson hasn't performed once yet this season, and I figure if he can't run on the Arizona and Oakland, he's not going to run on anyone. That and he keeps getting these minor injuries, so I traded him while I could.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2010, 05:36 PM

369 posts, read 689,273 times
Steven Jackson is perhaps the most predictable back in the league. He will almost always get you 9-17 points (more if PPR). He is a great asset in FF and he will also play injured very well. He is perhaps the best rb in the nfl it's a shame he wasted his best years in a bad franchise. He truly does it all he is quick, strong, catches well. I was able to pick him up with the 11th overall pick in a ppr league (which is absolutely crazy). While McFadden is doing well, i wonder what will happen when Bush's injury disappears. Also, the Raiders appear lost offensively again. I get why you did the trade, but i just wouldn't do it. Who should i start for TE Owen Daniels or Jermaine Gresham?

Old 10-01-2010, 07:49 AM

552 posts, read 641,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick828 View Post
Who should i start for TE Owen Daniels or Jermaine Gresham?
Daniels is the upside player however with his hamstring injury you need to make sure he is playing in the afternoon game as opposed to Gresham playing in the morning game.

Old 10-05-2010, 02:47 PM

7,376 posts, read 12,895,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg13 View Post
I just traded Steven Jackson away for Darren McFadden. Jackson hasn't performed once yet this season, and I figure if he can't run on the Arizona and Oakland, he's not going to run on anyone. That and he keeps getting these minor injuries, so I traded him while I could.

?

He has consistantly put up 7-12 fantasy points a week since his start. This week he still put up points and is injured. He is reliable. Sure hes not going to pull a Chris Johnson but he is someone who will give you points each week like the above poster said.

Old 10-06-2010, 09:15 PM

308 posts, read 376,235 times
My current roster:

QB: Rivers
RB: Michael Turner
RB: Frank Gore
W/T: Tony Gonzalez
W/T: Santana Moss
W/T: Jason Witten
K: Mason Crosby
Def: Chicago

BN: Steve Breaston
BN: Houshmandzadeh
BN: Vince Young
BN: Darren Sproles
BN: Jason Snelling
BN: Baltimore

I was offered TO and either Forte or McFadden for the Turner/Snelling combo.

What do you guys think??

Old 10-06-2010, 10:09 PM

8,117 posts, read 17,340,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyc0803 View Post
My current roster:

QB: Rivers
RB: Michael Turner
RB: Frank Gore
W/T: Tony Gonzalez
W/T: Santana Moss
W/T: Jason Witten
K: Mason Crosby
Def: Chicago

BN: Steve Breaston
BN: Houshmandzadeh
BN: Vince Young
BN: Darren Sproles
BN: Jason Snelling
BN: Baltimore

I was offered TO and either Forte or McFadden for the Turner/Snelling combo.

What do you guys think??
If it's a PPR league, then I would pull the deal on Forte for Turner/Spelling.

Old 10-07-2010, 06:17 AM

7,376 posts, read 12,895,537 times
Thoughts in my head.

Larry Fitzgerald is done for the year. He is a good WR but their offense sucks.

Ryan Torain is the wire pickup of the week. He is not a backup running
back that sucks like Jahvid Best. He can actually run the ball.

Ben Tate could be a good pickup now that Moss is gone. What does that mean for welker? It means more targets and more coverage so who knows. Im guessing he wont be slowed down. Also Aaron Hernandez is a great wire pickup at TE if he is still available.

People who grabbed Peyton hillis off the wire should be pleased.

No country for old men? Tell that to T.O. and L.T.

MJD and and Deangelo williams finally showed up for a game. Too little too late im afraid.

Its better to be lucky than good. By now im sure most Colston owners are panicking. Im one of them. My first WR pick has not done diddly squat. Unfortunately for colston owners they know he is good, yet everyone else has been lucky. For instance, Maclin, lance moore etc.

Who would have guessed Arian Foster would be leading many leagues in fantasy points for running backs? I should have listened to my gut and picked him up.

Dont say I didnt tell you so. I said to people in my 3 leagues...Chris Johnson should not be the number 1 draft pick this year. Adrienne Peterson should. Guess what? I was right.

Old 10-07-2010, 07:18 AM

308 posts, read 376,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
If it's a PPR league, then I would pull the deal on Forte for Turner/Spelling.
Non-PPR league. Does that change anything?

Old 10-07-2010, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyc0803 View Post
Non-PPR league. Does that change anything?
Yes, it does, I wouldn't pull the trigger on it. I say this because Turner plays in an offense that is going to score more points. Forte is a straight ahead 3.5 YPG runner, and is not a Marshall Faulk-type RB that will thrive in a Mike Martz offense. McFadden hasn't played a full season free of injury, and truthfully, at 6-2 and as lanky as he is, he will probably never make it through a full season in this league. In fact, Cable suggested on NFL radio that he is unlikely to play this week. You have 9 weeks of regular season fantasy football remaining. How many of those games do you think McFadden will play? With Turner-Snelling, you own the Falcons backfield. This team's momentum will increase exponentially as the season goes on, in my opinion. Same head coach, same QB and RB for the last 3 years, you have continuity. You have more potential at overall yards and TDs with Turner/Snelling than you do with Forte, and certainly more than McFadden. McFadden's stock is not going to be any higher than this week. Your opponent is trading a 5 dollar stock for 20 dollars right now. As for Forte, I am not so sure Jay Cutler makes it through another 5 games, unless Martz start calling some more max-protect schemes.

Old 10-07-2010, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
Thoughts in my head.

Larry Fitzgerald is done for the year. He is a good WR but their offense sucks.

Ryan Torain is the wire pickup of the week. He is not a backup running
back that sucks like Jahvid Best. He can actually run the ball.

Ben Tate could be a good pickup now that Moss is gone. What does that mean for welker? It means more targets and more coverage so who knows. Im guessing he wont be slowed down. Also Aaron Hernandez is a great wire pickup at TE if he is still available.

People who grabbed Peyton hillis off the wire should be pleased.

No country for old men? Tell that to T.O. and L.T.

MJD and and Deangelo williams finally showed up for a game. Too little too late im afraid.

Its better to be lucky than good. By now im sure most Colston owners are panicking. Im one of them. My first WR pick has not done diddly squat. Unfortunately for colston owners they know he is good, yet everyone else has been lucky. For instance, Maclin, lance moore etc.

Who would have guessed Arian Foster would be leading many leagues in fantasy points for running backs? I should have listened to my gut and picked him up.

Dont say I didnt tell you so. I said to people in my 3 leagues...Chris Johnson should not be the number 1 draft pick this year. Adrienne Peterson should. Guess what? I was right.
I reached for Foster in the early 4th round in one of my leagues, and bid him at 18 bucks in a 200 dollar bankroll auction league in my other one. He's the reason I am 3-1 in both leagues. The auction league I got Peterson for 49 bucks. You are really in a position of strength if you have 2 RBs that can start like this each week, and having Jamaal Charles as my flex is going to probably pay off if Thomas Jones starts to tail off. I am feeling pretty good right now at the quarter poll. The one thing I don't like is that in my one league, I have Brady and Moss. That trade, I think, simultaneously devalued both players.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football