Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2010, 11:52 AM

308 posts, read 427,498 times

Advertisements

Thanks Mike.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2010, 04:28 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,779,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick828 View Post
Steven Jackson is perhaps the most predictable back in the league. He will almost always get you 9-17 points (more if PPR). He is a great asset in FF and he will also play injured very well. He is perhaps the best rb in the nfl it's a shame he wasted his best years in a bad franchise. He truly does it all he is quick, strong, catches well. I was able to pick him up with the 11th overall pick in a ppr league (which is absolutely crazy). While McFadden is doing well, i wonder what will happen when Bush's injury disappears. Also, the Raiders appear lost offensively again. I get why you did the trade, but i just wouldn't do it. Who should i start for TE Owen Daniels or Jermaine Gresham?
I would take the same view. Jackson will be good for one or two blow-up performances each year and almost guarantees 10 points otherwise. McFadden is going to give you a lot of 3-5 point performances to temper the 15+ weeks and almost guarantees some bench time nursing an injury AND has to share some carries. The Rams also seem to be gelling a little better; Bradford may be able to get that 9th guy out of the box down the stretch.

Personally, I think Daniels' season is going to be a wash. He's not 100% with his knee and Dreeson is breathing down his neck pretty hard. With Johnson likely out or less than 100% and Jones out he could be a good option this week, though.

Old 10-07-2010, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyc0803 View Post
I was offered TO and either Forte or McFadden for the Turner/Snelling combo.

What do you guys think??
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyc0803 View Post
Non-PPR league. Does that change anything?
That would be a great deal for the other guy. Owens has gone 5 pts, 5 pts, 5 pts, 28 pts. He's going to go back to 5 pts. right after you trade away your running back who is (i) an integral part of a good NFL offense and (ii) going to be fantasy relevant going forward.

I don't see how you and the other guy are mutually improved by the trade. You may have some need at WR but I doubt T.O. is the answer and I doubt that Forte or McFadden is going to be a significant upgrade to Turner.

Old 10-07-2010, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
I reached for Foster in the early 4th round in one of my leagues, and bid him at 18 bucks in a 200 dollar bankroll auction league in my other one. He's the reason I am 3-1 in both leagues. The auction league I got Peterson for 49 bucks. You are really in a position of strength if you have 2 RBs that can start like this each week, and having Jamaal Charles as my flex is going to probably pay off if Thomas Jones starts to tail off. I am feeling pretty good right now at the quarter poll. The one thing I don't like is that in my one league, I have Brady and Moss. That trade, I think, simultaneously devalued both players.
I'll bet you heard a lot of "YOU IDIOT!!" and "TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE PICK!!" and "DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHERE YOU ARE RIGHT NOW!!" from the gallery. Don't let them forget that.

Old 10-08-2010, 06:46 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,679,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
I have Brady and Moss. That trade, I think, simultaneously devalued both players.
I dont know about that. Only time will tell. Brady is Brady. He still has welker and now has that awesome rookie Hernandez. Tate will have to step it up now though. The patriots actually are starting to have a running game now meaning the field will be more spread out. The pats line are actually protecting him really well right now as well.

As for moss, favre now actually has someone to throw to besides sciancoe. Lets face it, Berrian has not done much this season. Where is percy?

Old 10-09-2010, 09:25 PM

4,077 posts, read 5,606,903 times
I have 5 WR slots (2 flex). Who would you start? Or easier, who you bench? PPR league.

WR Dez bryant
WR mario Manningham
WR Braylon edwards
WR demaryius thomas
WR jeremy maclin
WR mark clayton

Right now I have Thomas on the bench. Along with jerome harrison and john kuhn. (flex)

Any help or insight?

TIA.

Old 10-10-2010, 08:54 AM

308 posts, read 427,498 times
Non-PPR League Question, Week 5
Should I start both Michael Turner and Jason Snelling against Cleveland or start Turner against Cleveland and Frank Gore against Philly?

Also, which defense should I start; Chicago of Baltimore?

Old 10-10-2010, 06:30 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,058,916 times
Percy Harvin or Randy Moss tomorrow night?? Talk to me folks!!! Please....

Old 10-11-2010, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Percy Harvin or Randy Moss tomorrow night?? Talk to me folks!!! Please....
Moss. There are a lot of moving parts in that equation and it could definitely backfire (Cromartie always seems to play Moss pretty tight), but I think Moss will be playing way up and Favre is going to be totally focused on 84.

Your chances of feeling like an idiot for not starting Moss are much greater than the other way around, IMO...

Old 10-11-2010, 10:59 AM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,086,783 times
I'd go with Moss too. Harvin hasn't done squat this year.....I dropped him.

I must say though......I look like a genious this week.

I had Shaun Hill QB

Matt Forte RB

Brandon Lloyd WR

And even Jason Hansen K
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football