U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-06-2007, 01:47 PM
 
458 posts, read 2,561,261 times
Reputation: 184

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
lol, that's an interesting justficiation for why you think football is taken more seriously in Texas than in other states. They have 7 players from out-of-state on the roster, btw.

But by your logic, California takes football more seriously than Texas, because San Jose State only has 1 player on their roster that's not from California.
But San Jose State blows and Texas is in the top 10 nearly every year... I don't think you got my point. My point was that nearly every player on their team is home grown in Texas AND their football program is top 5 in the country. California has great talent no doubt... But LT > Reggie Bush
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-06-2007, 02:56 PM
 
2,356 posts, read 2,639,673 times
Reputation: 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSL63087 View Post
But San Jose State blows and Texas is in the top 10 nearly every year... I don't think you got my point. My point was that nearly every player on their team is home grown in Texas AND their football program is top 5 in the country. California has great talent no doubt... But LT > Reggie Bush
Ok, continuing your logic.. I don't see how that proves that Texas "loves their football" more than any other state.

Let's put it another way..Texas is huge, it has 25 million people. Texas has more people than Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas, Tennessee, and Oklahoma combined. So when you say a UT-Austin player is "home grown", that is misleading. He might have grown up 500 miles away!

Now look at how many national championships (or whatever measure of success you prefer) there are between the schools in those states, which combined, are smaller than Texas (U. of Tennessee, Bama, Oklahoma, and LSU) Then compared it to all the schools in Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2007, 02:23 PM
 
4,439 posts, read 8,205,532 times
Reputation: 1468
wow.. is dude wearing a skirt?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2007, 10:10 PM
 
Location: Alabama!
5,849 posts, read 15,937,480 times
Reputation: 4348
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
wow.. is dude wearing a skirt?
Yes, he was wearing a skirt. I don't even think it was a kilt; it was a skirt. I saw him at the game last Saturday. OMG!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2007, 02:28 AM
 
Location: In San Antonio
1,673 posts, read 2,721,199 times
Reputation: 1242
TexaS our TexaS...my opinion my be the best along with other...but we watch from Thrusday to Sunday

Converse Judson Rockets

TeXaS HS Football 5A Division I State Champs 1983 '88 '92 '93 '95 2001

Championship App 1990 '96 '98 2005

The Team that inspired Friday Night Light! ! !!! !! !! !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2007, 06:40 AM
 
Location: Fort Worth/Dallas
11,878 posts, read 33,538,378 times
Reputation: 5566
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
Ok, continuing your logic.. I don't see how that proves that Texas "loves their football" more than any other state.

Let's put it another way..Texas is huge, it has 25 million people. Texas has more people than Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas, Tennessee, and Oklahoma combined. So when you say a UT-Austin player is "home grown", that is misleading. He might have grown up 500 miles away!

Now look at how many national championships (or whatever measure of success you prefer) there are between the schools in those states, which combined, are smaller than Texas (U. of Tennessee, Bama, Oklahoma, and LSU) Then compared it to all the schools in Texas.
But one thing you have to keep in mind is that most of the people on Oklahoma's team are recruited from Texas. I'm an OU fan, but facts are facts. So, Texas has enough talent for a couple of states and OU has had plenty of Championship titles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2007, 10:18 PM
 
5,772 posts, read 13,724,871 times
Reputation: 4583
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
What states love their football and who has the best talent in the country?
Are we talking college or pro here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2007, 08:05 AM
 
Location: Indiana
270 posts, read 1,103,225 times
Reputation: 230
didnt read the whole thread so dont know if anyone said Indiana yet. Before you laugh we have Purdue, Indiana U., and of course Notre dame. and the colts who have just began there dynasty. I think we have 1 or 2 highschool in the top 25 in the nation in football. so yes i feel that Indiana has it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2007, 11:11 AM
 
7,278 posts, read 13,523,592 times
Reputation: 3610
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogre View Post
Are we talking college or pro here?
From the bottom on up. What state loves football the most? Kids. High School. College. Pro. Whatever.

Some states have been mentioned that don't even have their own pro teams, but regularly supply every other team with some of the top players.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2007, 04:50 PM
 
Location: SanAnFortWAbiHoustoDalCentral, Texas
791 posts, read 2,016,927 times
Reputation: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
But one thing you have to keep in mind is that most of the people on Oklahoma's team are recruited from Texas. I'm an OU fan, but facts are facts. So, Texas has enough talent for a couple of states and...

OU has had plenty of Championship titles.
yOU mean UT - Norman?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top