U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 01:29 PM

219 posts, read 220,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
Wow, try to work on your arguments. You didn't really say much from this post besides

A. You think athletes should be able to get away with whatever they want
B. You have no respect for women

Guys, it is as simple as this: If I see a girl walking down the street who is dressed the way this reporter is dressed, it would not be okay for me to cat-call her. That is just not acceptable in society-- anywhere. Even if it is a locker room. The environment doesn't matter. The point is it is not acceptable-- anywhere.

Hopefully none of you have daughters-- and if you do I wonder if you would mind men treating them disrespectfully?
Wow, try to work on your reading comprehension skills.

A. I definitely didn't say I think athletes should get away with whatever they want. I said that's part of society and has been for many years. There are different standards for the rich and famous. There are different standards for entertaining people. There are different standards for people who know people in high places. Read it slowly...

B. I have respect for women who are real and accept who and what they are. I don't have respect for a woman who is supposed to be a professional journalist, yet behaves like a college freshman at a pep rally. In this world, sex sells. Everywhere. Period. If you are blessed with attractive curves, full lips, long straight hair, and (insert whatever else turns guys on, pun intended), you HAVE to know what kind of attention that's going to bring. If you don't, shame on you. I don't have a problem with a women going to get a story in a room full of men. But if you're dressed for it like you're going out with your friends on a Saturday night, you'll get what you get. It's not all guys; most guys can restrain themselves at least to the point they'll wait til she leaves to talk about her. But to think there aren't guys that will respond in the moment is ridiculous. She's going around on tv now telling people she doesn't think there's anything wrong with the way she dresses. She doesn't get it. You have a job to do and that's get a story, not become the story.

And if I have a daughter, and she is to become a professional something that requires her to be around testosterone on a regular basis, she wouldn't behave like this bimbo is behaving. I would have taught my daughter long before that how many guys think and behave, especially in a male dominated setting. You can't change it. You have to deal with it. Don't dress like a model if you're a journalist. That simple.

Old 09-15-2010, 01:51 PM

2,721 posts, read 3,747,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyDizzle23 View Post
Wow, try to work on your reading comprehension skills.

A. I definitely didn't say I think athletes should get away with whatever they want. I said that's part of society and has been for many years. There are different standards for the rich and famous. There are different standards for entertaining people. There are different standards for people who know people in high places. Read it slowly...

B. I have respect for women who are real and accept who and what they are. I don't have respect for a woman who is supposed to be a professional journalist, yet behaves like a college freshman at a pep rally. In this world, sex sells. Everywhere. Period. If you are blessed with attractive curves, full lips, long straight hair, and (insert whatever else turns guys on, pun intended), you HAVE to know what kind of attention that's going to bring. If you don't, shame on you. I don't have a problem with a women going to get a story in a room full of men. But if you're dressed for it like you're going out with your friends on a Saturday night, you'll get what you get. It's not all guys; most guys can restrain themselves at least to the point they'll wait til she leaves to talk about her. But to think there aren't guys that will respond in the moment is ridiculous. She's going around on tv now telling people she doesn't think there's anything wrong with the way she dresses. She doesn't get it. You have a job to do and that's get a story, not become the story.

And if I have a daughter, and she is to become a professional something that requires her to be around testosterone on a regular basis, she wouldn't behave like this bimbo is behaving. I would have taught my daughter long before that how many guys think and behave, especially in a male dominated setting. You can't change it. You have to deal with it. Don't dress like a model if you're a journalist. That simple.
OK man-- So you are saying it is perfectly acceptable to cat-call pretty girls? Do you do this on a regular basis?

Old 09-15-2010, 02:35 PM

Quote:
OK man-- So you are saying it is perfectly acceptable to cat-call pretty girls? Do you do this on a regular basis?
Is it "perfectly" acceptable? Again, your putting words into my argument to make your point. But to answer your loaded (edit) question, it depends... Is the girl dressed intentionally looking for the attention? Is it okay if a woman is looking for that attention? A lot of girls like that. She might be one of them. She does promote herself as the hottest reporter in Mexico. And last I checked, attractive in Mexico is transferable to the States...

Do you continue to make a spectacle out of it and continue whistling or cat-calling or whatever after a while? Probably not if she isn't showing any interest. But if she let football players carry her around on the field before, and you know the reputation she has for flirting with athletes she is covering, no reason to think I wouldn't have a shot with her.

Humans by nature are visual creatures. We judge a person (whether you know it or not) by what we see first. Most people are also sexually driven. It won't ever change and it's been this way forever.

I definitely don't do the cat-calling thing. Too shy. Plus I'm in a relationship. But I'll compliment at a fine ass if I see one (in a polite way) and chat it up with the fellas on the side... And, I played football up through college. It's just part of the culture. If it's not you, awesome. Accept it and move on.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 09-15-2010 at 05:09 PM..

Old 09-15-2010, 02:39 PM

cyclone8570: I hope you read and re-read my post before commenting to the contrary again. I haven't said anything untrue, but you continue to challenge my arguments with narrow-minded morals and ideals...

Old 09-15-2010, 03:02 PM
PDD

8,774 posts, read 14,883,407 times
If a woman dresses to show cleavage than I have the right to tell her that I admire here cleavage.

If you don't want me to admire your boobs then keep them covered up.

Old 09-15-2010, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyDizzle23 View Post
Is it "perfectly" acceptable? Again, your putting words into my argument to make your point. But to answer your loaded (edit) question, it depends...
Wow... that is all I needed to hear to gain some perspective on your personality.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 09-15-2010 at 05:11 PM..

Old 09-15-2010, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Wow... that is all I needed to hear to gain some perspective on your personality.
So in your mind, everything is black and white. The rules are the rules and you always follow the letter of the law. There are no gray areas. There is no room for discussion and subjective opinion. Right? You shouldn't cat-call a woman under any circumstances. Right?

There are plenty of women who ENJOY that attention and put themselves in situations looking for it to happen. If women didn't respond to it ever, and it never worked, and it was considered sexual harassment, then of course it would be wrong to do under every circumstance. But when you and the network you work for sells you as the sexiest or hottest reporter, you pose in lingerie, bikinis and less for a bunch of magazines, you have a reputation for flirting with players you cover, and you show up to a locker room dressed the way she was, it's a given to expect at least 1 of the 100 guys there to show interest. It's on her and her network to know that. They do. They promote the sex. You keep dancing on the line, you're gonna cross it once in a while.

Old 09-15-2010, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
If a woman dresses to show cleavage than I have the right to tell her that I admire here cleavage.

Exactly.

Old 09-15-2010, 05:22 PM

16,531 posts, read 20,989,157 times
I knew this thread would be active, am ok with it. Will keep the thread open for now anyway, with a reminder to keep the conversation civil.

Thank you.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 09-15-2010 at 06:21 PM..

Old 09-15-2010, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post

You and RyDizzle sound like the same kind of people who tell women that are raped that they were asking for it!

I know some people think the same way as you-- but that doesn't mean that what you think is appropriate.

When you go out to a club-- and see a woman with a low cut top-- do you tell her that you admire her cleavage? When you go to the beach-- do you tell the girls in bikini's that you like their cleavage?

No. You don't because it is not appropriate.

Why do you think it is okay to sexually harass a woman who dresses provocatively?

It is never okay to sexually harass women. This is common knowledge to most people (so I'm surprised I actually have to tell you).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or