U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-15-2010, 08:30 PM
 
Location: Midwestern Dystopia
2,369 posts, read 3,057,441 times
Reputation: 2961

Advertisements

what he said isn't even close to controversial, not even close. the NFL is garbage trying to censor this. (yes Iknow, it's a private business bla bla bla)

the country has b/c so rediculously politically correct the anti-speech people will only be happy until everyone is a robo-talking, corporate speaking imbicile without a brain.

it's already incredibully boring to listen to both athletes and coaches blab on and on with all the dozens of catchphrases they use, when somebody even remotely, and I mean remotely, steps out of that narrowly defined box it's slap him with a fine, make him apologise in a "statement'' (like he really means it but as long as a small minority who just can't get on with their lives when they hear one sentence they don't like is satisfied.) did anybody listen to Vince Youngs comments about the Heisman trophey, seriously, he didn't write that and that's not how he feels. Words have no meaning anymore. They've been cheapened.

it's tyranny of the majority by a small minority. It used to be you'd hear something you didn't like or didn't agree with, you'd shrug your shoulders and move on with life, now there's an interest group that starts whining asap and screams b/c that's all they're good at, it's their job. Sickening.

oh and yes, it's a rediculous double standard. I saw the pictures of how she was dressed. Do any of you actually watch these hispanic shows? it's t and a 24/7.

 
Old 09-15-2010, 09:20 PM
 
Location: Extreme Southeast Philly, NJ
219 posts, read 220,513 times
Reputation: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
You and RyDizzle sound like the same kind of people who tell women that are raped that they were asking for it!

I know some people think the same way as you-- but that doesn't mean that what you think is appropriate.

When you go out to a club-- and see a woman with a low cut top-- do you tell her that you admire her cleavage? When you go to the beach-- do you tell the girls in bikini's that you like their cleavage?

No. You don't because it is not appropriate.

Why do you think it is okay to sexually harass a woman who dresses provocatively?

It is never okay to sexually harass women. This is common knowledge to most people (so I'm surprised I actually have to tell you).
That's because your definition of sexual harassment is very black and white and doesn't take into account gray areas like whether or not the woman in question was purposely trying to attract the attention. A lot of times a girl will dress provocatively, looking for the attention, then she gets upset at the attention. The "reporter" in this discussion isn't even saying she was sexually harassed, so why are YOU saying it? You sound like an activist or special interest group banging on a drum as hard and loud as you can without listening to the beat.

I said in earlier posts that it depends on the circumstances. Of course you don't cat-call at the beach, it's appropriate to wear those kinds of clothes there. It's not out of the ordinary. No one there is dressing professionally either. I think I would have something to say about someone on a beach full of bikinis wearing jeans, boots and a long sleeve shirt...

The reporter's reputation speaks for itself. She isn't even a true reporter. She's an incredibly attractive woman with a microphone. No one takes her seriously as a journalist.

No, no one is ever "asking" to be raped. That's you again making huge leaps from a few typed words. I also said in an earlier post if sexual advances were being turned down, you shouldn't persist. But you must be like the average person in comprehension skills: selective hearing (or reading in this case) and firing shots at arguments I'm not even making.

Stop worrying about sexual harassment so much and go read a book.
 
Old 09-16-2010, 05:57 AM
 
9,807 posts, read 13,449,524 times
Reputation: 8158
A beach is where both males and females go to use .

A locker room has alwaus been divided by gender.

The cheerleaders don't change in the same locker room as the players .
 
Old 09-16-2010, 06:04 AM
 
Location: Illinois
8,536 posts, read 6,373,307 times
Reputation: 14843
I agree ~~ the bimbo had no business going into the men's locker room. I do not feel sorry for her one bit. She knew exactly what she would see and hear. Now, she's crying "foul".. She brought it on herself.

Seems to be a double standard in place here ~~ men reporters can't go into women's locker rooms. WHY NOT???
 
Old 09-16-2010, 06:12 AM
PDD
 
Location: The Sand Hills of NC
8,774 posts, read 14,859,160 times
Reputation: 11886
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
You and RyDizzle sound like the same kind of people who tell women that are raped that they were asking for it!

I know some people think the same way as you-- but that doesn't mean that what you think is appropriate.

When you go out to a club-- and see a woman with a low cut top-- do you tell her that you admire her cleavage? When you go to the beach-- do you tell the girls in bikini's that you like their cleavage?

No. You don't because it is not appropriate.

Why do you think it is okay to sexually harass a woman who dresses provocatively?

It is never okay to sexually harass women. This is common knowledge to most people (so I'm surprised I actually have to tell you).
What a stupid analogy, Women who are raped are not asking to be raped.
Women who show their boobs want you to look.

Most women dress to be admired it all depends on how much admiration they are looking for.

Most men could care less how they look but when they bring their fresh waxed cars out to a show they sure want comments.
 
Old 09-16-2010, 06:43 AM
 
Location: Yeah
3,191 posts, read 5,838,109 times
Reputation: 901
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdd View Post
if a woman dresses to show cleavage than i have the right to tell her that i admire here cleavage.

If you don't want me to admire your boobs then keep them covered up.


amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Old 09-16-2010, 07:24 AM
 
2,721 posts, read 3,744,162 times
Reputation: 1290
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyDizzle23 View Post
That's because your definition of sexual harassment is very black and white and doesn't take into account gray areas like whether or not the woman in question was purposely trying to attract the attention. A lot of times a girl will dress provocatively, looking for the attention, then she gets upset at the attention. The "reporter" in this discussion isn't even saying she was sexually harassed, so why are YOU saying it? You sound like an activist or special interest group banging on a drum as hard and loud as you can without listening to the beat.

I said in earlier posts that it depends on the circumstances. Of course you don't cat-call at the beach, it's appropriate to wear those kinds of clothes there. It's not out of the ordinary. No one there is dressing professionally either. I think I would have something to say about someone on a beach full of bikinis wearing jeans, boots and a long sleeve shirt...

The reporter's reputation speaks for itself. She isn't even a true reporter. She's an incredibly attractive woman with a microphone. No one takes her seriously as a journalist.

No, no one is ever "asking" to be raped. That's you again making huge leaps from a few typed words. I also said in an earlier post if sexual advances were being turned down, you shouldn't persist. But you must be like the average person in comprehension skills: selective hearing (or reading in this case) and firing shots at arguments I'm not even making.

Stop worrying about sexual harassment so much and go read a book.
Oh my gosh, I still can't believe I have to explain this to you (edit) (I'd tell you to go read a book-- but you are probably too busy reading Men's Health). In your last post you said that sometimes it is appropriate to "cat-call"-- which is A FORM OF SEXUAL HARASSMENT. By that statement alone, you are making exceptions where it is okay for a man to sexually harass a woman. It is not appropriate or fair to make exceptions where it is okay to sexually harass women. You can't say "Okay, in this case sexual harassment is okay-- but in this case it isn't."

I'm not making "huge leaps from your typed words," I'm simply taking your example and applying it to other situations in which if you held the same beliefs that you stated you would have to logically agree with.

(editing the last sentence).

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 09-16-2010 at 07:49 AM..
 
Old 09-16-2010, 08:39 AM
 
Location: N.W. Austin.
802 posts, read 2,609,035 times
Reputation: 546
The NFL has designated the locker room as a legitimate workplace, whether we agree with them or not, and has also allocated times where members of the media may/can access it.

NFL reminds clubs of media policy - NFL - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-nfl-womanreporter - broken link)

The NBA/WNBA has similar access rules:

Close the locker rooms to all media, men and women - CBSSports.com Message Boards (http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/messages/thread/24606014 - broken link)

The players as employees of these private entities are obliged to follow the rules set out by their employer(s). They are aware of the time the media would have access and nothing stops any of them from covering up. Simply a matter of courtesy and common sense. If they don't like the rule, they can/should take it up with their employer(s). They wouldn't dare do it in the parking lot, so why feel protected, or immune to the rule, in the locker room?

The choice and mode of dress by the reporter was poor, but she wasn't walking around naked, in a thong bikini or see through materials, exposing herself. I'm sure we've all seen more exposed, walking up and down the streets of our cities. Some stare, whistle and whisper while others treat it as nothing more than a momentary spectacle.
She's a journalist, accredited and credentialed by their employer, allowed to have access to the locker room, game sidelines and training grounds. She may not be from the NYT or WSJ, but she deserves the same treatment and respect. She may have aspirations of furthering her career later on and whether it's the aforementioned WSJ or NYT, or maybe more likely Hustler or Playboy, that comes calling will depend on whether she wants to become a serious or frivolous one. Her body of work, no pun intended, will determine her future destination.

Having said all that, Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn....She's hot and stacked!!! She looks better than a stack of IHOP pancakes. There, I've shared what my testosterone addled brain has been thinking, much like the players did.
The difference is, I've posted it somewhere anonymously, as a personal opinion, where it's doesn't diminish her personally and in person, where others of like minds can/may appreciate the sentiment, or not. She has her own site I assume, where those so inclined to share thoughts and feelings about her, can.Who knows, she may even respond to the 'compliment'!
 
Old 09-16-2010, 09:12 AM
 
4,791 posts, read 11,967,913 times
Reputation: 3453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
So, you people are saying that if a woman reporter is in a locker room then she deserves to be sexually harassed? WTF? No wonder the thugged-out NFL and its classless fans are the laughing stock of the sporting world.
Yep! Why are women allowed in the locker room anyway?? Do male sports reporters get to go into female locker rooms for interviews??
 
Old 09-16-2010, 09:26 AM
PDD
 
Location: The Sand Hills of NC
8,774 posts, read 14,859,160 times
Reputation: 11886
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimtheGuy View Post
Yep! Why are women allowed in the locker room anyway?? Do male sports reporters get to go into female locker rooms for interviews??
The only reason women reporters go to the locker room is to see if the players actually "measure up" to all the hype.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top