U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2016, 04:08 PM

11,723 posts, read 11,546,947 times

Advertisements

My favorite, burger and a beer, however, don't think I could do 10 a.m. either! It is a noon game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2016, 04:13 PM
YAZ

7,075 posts, read 11,844,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
My favorite, burger and a beer, however, don't think I could do 10 a.m. either! It is a noon game.

I could do a Wisconsin Brat at noon. This Yooper in Phoenix makes 'em on occasion. I did 'em on opening weekend.

I wouldn't bet against your Packers on Sunday.

Old 09-20-2016, 06:01 PM

11,723 posts, read 11,546,947 times
It will be an interesting game, Packers are hard to figure. Defense looking good, offense, can't figure it out (and neither can they apparently)! I think Packers can win but nothing would surprise me.

Old 09-20-2016, 07:28 PM

4,847 posts, read 6,361,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
I haven't checked the local TV listings. I'd like to see the game but I can't handle beer & grease bomb food at the bar at 10:00am....

It's a shame because Packer fans out here feel sorry for me and buy me beer.

And there's a lot of 'em.....
We're getting AZ @ BUF on FOX this Sunday. Initially, I thought AZ was playing in the afternoon and was hoping for a miracle. No dice. Back to the bar for me.

Old 09-21-2016, 11:34 AM
YAZ

7,075 posts, read 11,844,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
We're getting AZ @ BUF on FOX this Sunday. Initially, I thought AZ was playing in the afternoon and was hoping for a miracle. No dice. Back to the bar for me.

I'll catch the game on satellite radio. At least I'll get the "home feed." Just like the ole days from Pontiac.

Abdullah is on IR. We'll be sure to see more of young Mr. Washington Sunday. Not sure how long Ameer will be out.

Signed WR Aaron Dobson. Another FA who played with New England lately. If he does well, expect to say goodbye to Boldin.

Old 09-21-2016, 09:32 PM

Abdullah is out for at least 8 weeks. Ansah and Levy are also expected to be out. Only 2 active linebackers at the Wednesday practice and the Motor City Miracle phantom face mask ref is officiating the game. Bad omens abound. At least we one at the Frozen Tundra last season and killed that awful losing streak. It's not happening again this year.

Old 09-22-2016, 12:19 AM

4,322 posts, read 2,258,928 times
We will see how Detroit does when taking on Green Bay in Lambeau this year.

Old 09-22-2016, 08:39 AM

4,492 posts, read 3,155,487 times
I'm thinking Riddick is going to have a really good season this year. I'm thinking Jamaal Charles lite. A lot of passes out of the back field with room to run, but won't be able to create as many running plays for himself like Charles can.

Old 09-25-2016, 09:13 AM

No official word yet but the Lions are now planning on Abdullah being out for rest of the season.

Detroit Lions believe foot injury will force RB Ameer Abdullah to miss remainder of season

It sounds like Ansah is going to miss next week too. Not good.

Old 09-25-2016, 03:39 PM

I missed this article back in December of last year when published by ESPN. It was posted again today in the comments section of a Lions related site. Sometimes I have to wonder. Especially when I see the same officials making dubious calls against the same team that ends up having a huge impact on the final result.

Suspicions remain high about NFL's communication with referees - NFL Nation- ESPN

Call me biased but the Lions have been the victim of incompetent officiating these past few years. Process of the catch, the pass interference controversy in the playoffs, Seahawks swatting the ball out of the endzone, phantom facemask and now one of the most bizarre kickoff/punt penalties I've seen. All impacting the final result of games against opponents that make more money for the NFL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or