U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2016, 04:10 PM

11,727 posts, read 11,568,764 times

Advertisements

I know this doesn't help but the Packers have done this before, and it is a rule, dumb as it might be:

Green Bay Packers WR Randall Cobb's incredibly smart play - NFL Videos

Actually I've been surprised it hasn't been addressed at the annual meetings with the competition committee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2016, 04:36 PM

4,854 posts, read 6,379,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I know this doesn't help but the Packers have done this before, and it is a rule, dumb as it might be:

Green Bay Packers WR Randall Cobb's incredibly smart play - NFL Videos

Actually I've been surprised it hasn't been addressed at the annual meetings with the competition committee.
Well, then that's top notch coaching from McCarthy in making sure his return squad is ready for such occasions. Today was my first exposure to this rule. Don't recall seeing it before. Packer fans in the bar were screaming at their guy because they thought the penalty was on him.

Old 09-25-2016, 05:16 PM

Broadcasters made a big deal about Montgomery being from Stanford. When it happened with Cobb, he said, the Packers coaches teach it every year.

Fox sports has an article on it, too but I couldn't get the link. It will be talked about this week, I'm sure.

Old 10-02-2016, 02:20 PM

If there was ever a team with the ability of making Brian Hoyer look like Joe Montana, it's the Detroit Lions.

At least all 3 losses have come by a touchdown or less. All were within grasp of victory. There's still time to get back on track. Need to keep key players healthy. The defense is really hurting right now.

Old 10-02-2016, 06:53 PM

4,325 posts, read 2,268,730 times
Detroit poorly executed on the onsite kick. It didn't go at least ten yards. That has to be one of the worst onsite kick executions I've ever seen.

Old 10-03-2016, 12:23 PM
YAZ

7,083 posts, read 11,866,171 times
Other than that last kick, Lions' special teams were the only bright spot.

Coach Schwartz will be in town next week....wondering if he'll get carried off the field....again.

Question:

What's more likely to happen at the end of the season....a top five draft pick or a new head coach?

Old 10-03-2016, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
What's more likely to happen at the end of the season....a top five draft pick or a new head coach?
At this rate both could happen. I think Quinn sacks Caldwell unless the Lions rebound and reach the playoffs. Could be a rough skid coming ahead with all of the injuries wracking up. Hosting the Bears on December 11 looks like the most winnable of the remaining schedule. There's even a chance I'll be at that game in particular.

Old 10-05-2016, 08:47 AM

Lions cannot catch a break with the referee assignments. This is going to be the third week in a row with a controversial referee of Lions game past:

Notes: Detroit getting another referee involved in a past Lions controversy - Pride Of Detroit

It's almost a comic tragedy.

Old 10-23-2016, 02:59 PM

Stafford marched the Lions down the field to a 4th quarter victory. He impressed once again and made Stupid Skip Bayless look like a fool (not that he needed much help).

Skip Bayless prematurely congratulates Washington for win, should stop tweeting - Pride Of Detroit

Two weeks until the bye. Back-to-back road games. One, very winnable, game against Houston and a tough divisional match-up against the Vikings.

Old 10-23-2016, 03:02 PM

Stafford is playing better, Bayless should just zip it. Stafford doesn't force the ball like he did when Megatron was playing, might be better off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or