U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2016, 11:48 PM
YAZ

7,075 posts, read 11,848,953 times

Advertisements

Just caught a blurb from Wojo, Niyo, etc. from the Detroit News. Evidently some folks were questioning Mathew's ability when Megatron retired. I'm fairly sure that those folks have shut up by now.

They can feel free to bad mouth the defense though. Slay may be out for a while......

On the road next week at Houston.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2016, 05:52 AM

4,849 posts, read 6,365,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Just caught a blurb from Wojo, Niyo, etc. from the Detroit News. Evidently some folks were questioning Mathew's ability when Megatron retired. I'm fairly sure that those folks have shut up by now.

They can feel free to bad mouth the defense though. Slay may be out for a while......
Each loss has been by a touchdown or less. If the defense was up to snuff, as they were a few seasons back, this Lions team could be undefeated thus far (that and making those crucial NFL leading dropped passes). Kinda crazy imagining what could be.

Slay is going to be missed. Hopefully his injury isn't too serious.

Old 10-24-2016, 06:56 AM

11,723 posts, read 11,552,037 times
Lions keep playing the way there are, they will put major pressure on the Packers to figure out what the heck they are doing!

I'm irritated over their RB situation, keeping 7 WRs (several who can't get playbook or separation) and 2 RBs, Lacy and Starks both out. I like Lacy, he's on IR, sore ankle, how much will he weigh when he can't exercise much? I think after 8 weeks they take Shields back instead of Lacy.

Nice to see Stafford finally getting some legitimate praise, he's always been good!

I've always said I prefer when the division is good, instead of 2013, Packers won it because they were 8-7-1 and Bears were 8-8.

Old 10-25-2016, 08:24 PM

Kyle Van Noy has been shipped to New England. Lions package their 2017 7th round pick and the Pats tossed in their 2017 6th round pick. Sheds cap space for next season too.

Detroit Lions trade Kyle Van Noy to Patriots, re-signing Josh Bynes

Old 11-13-2016, 10:25 PM

I know the Lions don't draw much attention here at C-D and this will be the last I bump this thread for the season but it has to be said....

WE'RE NUMBER ONE!!!!!!

I hope they're still on top when I visit Ford Field on 12/11 for revenge against the lowly Bears.

Old 11-14-2016, 06:41 AM

Well, this might be the Lions chance! Lions need to capitalize and stop playing from behind, they need to get a lead and keep it. I'm glad to see Stafford playing well, he's always been good, talent is there. I've had some issues with his "at
this stage of my career, I don't need coaching" remarks. All players need coaching and he has responded well to Cooter!

Packers and Vikings are in a major slide, Packers worse than Vikings. I'll give Vikings some slack because early on didn't think their offense could keep up all season. Packers loss to Falcons wasn't a concern, they played well. The loss to the Colts was unbelievable and continued the same trend with the Titans.

I won't turn this into the Packers, but it does play into the Lions situation. They are in the drivers seat! It will be interesting to see what happens from here. I'm not of the younger generation, spewing trash talk and hate about other teams, if the Lions could hang on and do this I would be happy for the team and franchise.

Old 11-23-2016, 11:52 AM

4,324 posts, read 2,260,972 times
Bringing this thread up to date. Tomorrow Lions host and Vikings and they Lions are looking for the sweep. The Packers loss from Sunday helped both teams, Vikings and Lions. We will see how these two teams play tomorrow.

Old 11-23-2016, 01:29 PM

6,544 posts, read 4,495,395 times
I think the winner of this game ultimately ends up winning the North.

Old 11-23-2016, 02:25 PM

I agree, highly likely, probably the Lions. Vikings have issues on offense, Lions only problem might be if they keep playing from behind every game. Stafford is looking much better, Lions could do it.

Old 11-24-2016, 06:43 AM

23,648 posts, read 33,445,874 times
I'm picking the Lions to take advantage of the sinking Vikings bandwagon today. I agree with 7express on this deciding the division.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or