U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2016, 06:21 AM

11,727 posts, read 11,568,764 times

Advertisements

Lions are on a roll, good for them, Stafford is the real deal, finally getting the kudos he deserves!

Seahawks destroyed the Panthers, can't see the Packers beating them, hope they could but I doubt it!

Lions winning the division would be a good thing for them and the Detroit fans!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2016, 08:00 PM

4,854 posts, read 6,379,000 times
The potential exists for '16 to be the best Lions season since '91. The remaining 4 games, including Dallas, are all winnable. The NFC North is theirs for the taking. I remain cautiously optimistic. Not going to get ahead of myself but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't getting really excited inside.

Old 12-05-2016, 10:17 PM

2,495 posts, read 3,647,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
The potential exists for '16 to be the best Lions season since '91. The remaining 4 games, including Dallas, are all winnable. The NFC North is theirs for the taking. I remain cautiously optimistic. Not going to get ahead of myself but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't getting really excited inside.
same here. I am also cautiously optimistic and hoping we have finally completed this rebuilding project that has been ongoing since 19... anyway, Green Bay is a major threat in spite their woes this season so we have to stay focused while hoping they don't find their stride.

I'm proud of the fight in the team and also happy to see Stafford getting the accolade he deserves. It's not easy to inherent a horrible team/mediocre organization as a rookie. The dude has more talent than the usual media darlings. It took Megatron retiring to show the league that he is worth his salt.

Next week is another tough one as the Bears cannot be taken for granted. I'm expecting them to put up a serious fight so we better be prepared. More practice and less quotes from Caldwell please. The injuries are starting to add up but we should hopefully come out the victors.

#OnePride

Old 12-06-2016, 06:38 AM

11,727 posts, read 11,568,764 times
Calvin retiring was a good thing for Stafford, no more forcing the ball to one player. Stafford now looks like the QB most people knew he could be.

Of course, I'm a little hopeful for the Packers, but do not mind Lions getting their chance to shine. My niece married a very intense Lions fan so she baled on the Bears and became a Lions fan. I'm hearing from them a great deal now! They live in Des Moines, have gone to Detroit for a game and he named his dog Calvin!

Old 12-10-2016, 10:06 PM

Brandon Pettigrew has been cut.

Detroit Lions waive TE Brandon Pettigrew

He was part of a Lions draft class that included Matthew Stafford and DeAndre Levy. I'm in Detroit this weekend for a Lions/Red Wings doubleheader. I've been listening to 97.1 The Ticket and one of the broadcasters was speculating Levy getting cut in the offseason. We'll see what happens with that prediction.

Levy was an outstanding Lion when healthy but he can't stay fit. Great guy but at the end of the day the NFL is a business. Hope he can recover to his former form but the end may be nigh for his career in Detroit.

Old 12-11-2016, 04:29 PM

2,495 posts, read 3,647,604 times
Yum yum, that bear-be-cue was delicious but we definitely need to start clicking on offense if we are serious about winning something this season. A comeback win against a p i s s poor Bears team is a step back. Anyway will take the ugly win. On to the next one... 9-4 baby. Bring on the Nuu York Little Giants

Old 12-11-2016, 04:38 PM

6,553 posts, read 4,509,772 times
@ Giants, @ Cowboys vs. Packers to end the season. 3-0 gives them at least a 2 seed and the division, 2-1 gives them the division and possibly a bye, 1-2 probably gives them the division (especially if the 1 is against Green Bay) but more than likely not a bye, 0-3 will leave them on the bubble, but probably in as they banked enough wins the last 2 months to withstand the final 3 weeks. It's about time December football meant something to Lions fans........and not securing draft position! Congrats, and enjoy the ride!

Old 12-11-2016, 09:21 PM

The result was too close for comfort but it was still a win. Right now that is all that matters. Stafford had a rough go with Chicago this season. He did manage to make the best of a rough time and salvaged the win with his gallop to the end zone.

D was weak against the run and made Matt Barkley look like a seasoned pro. The next 3 games are going to be tough. I'm hoping for Dallas resting Prescott and Elliott in 2 weeks and not playing them the whole game.

Old 12-12-2016, 06:58 AM

12,354 posts, read 13,614,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
The result was too close for comfort but it was still a win. Right now that is all that matters. Stafford had a rough go with Chicago this season. He did manage to make the best of a rough time and salvaged the win with his gallop to the end zone.

D was weak against the run and made Matt Barkley look like a seasoned pro. The next 3 games are going to be tough. I'm hoping for Dallas resting Prescott and Elliott in 2 weeks and not playing them the whole game.
Never thought about that but resting some starters could be quite helpful to the Lions.

Old 12-12-2016, 07:23 AM

12,639 posts, read 7,331,599 times
The Lions are not going to win 2 out of 3 against the Cowboys, Giants and Packers. They will be playing for the NFC North title in Detroit on New Year's Day and the Packers will take it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or