Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2016, 11:52 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,357,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Zenner made the most Lions of plays when he dropped the rock at the goal line against the Giants. My thoughts also go back to Week 2 when the refs clearly had their money on Tennessee and the goose egg Stafford dropped against Chicago Week 4. The division and playoff berth could've already been secured. Good news is Dallas is beatable, as you've stated, and they don't have anything to play for. Win or lose, come home and beat Green Bay. They need to prove they belong.

I wish I was going to be back in town on New Year's Day. I'd love to be at the game.
Yeah, we just couldn't string a few good plays at the right moment. Even late into the fourth quarter I still felt we could pull another comeback...sucked. The Giants are weak but we just flat out sucked last week.

I'm not sure what's happening to Marvin Jones. He needs to wake up. Getting paid a lot of money, he needs to stop disappearing in key games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2016, 05:18 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,984,794 times
Another tough game for the Lions. Swanson, Riddick and Slay are out again. There's going to be weak links on the o-line and secondary and the anemic ground game will be an even greater liability. These guys were missed against the Giants and will be missed even more against Dallas. Especially since there's no plan to rest Dak and Zeke.

Nothing comes easy. Stafford will have to lead a dog fight for the W.

Old 12-26-2016, 05:28 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,616,693 times
Boy, missing those players is tough, and Lions haven't had much of a run game this year, have they? I'll be watching tonight to see how they do against Dallas. Good luck with the Cowboys, everyone is on their bandwagon it seems!

Old 12-26-2016, 09:47 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,357,544 times
Stick a fat fork in it. We're done. Congrats Green Bay.

Old 12-26-2016, 10:02 PM

First Half: Let's fight for a playoff spot!

Second Half: Eh, we'll settle for a participation trophy.

There's no chance against Green Bay if Swanson is still suffering from the concussion on Sunday. I thought Riddick and Slay were the most crucial losses but there's no depth on the offensive line. My instinct was to nit pick at Stafford's forced throws but at least he was trying to make plays while on the run for his life.

WTF is Matthew Mulligan!

If there's any takeaway from the heartbreak of another Lions letdown is that they are finally free from the shackles of Millen and Mayhew. The demons have been exercised. Plenty to work on but this franchise is finally going in the right direction. Looking forward to next season.

EDIT:

Alas, there is still hope! Even if the Lions lose on Sunday Night Football they will still make the playoffs if the Redskins drop their game hosting the Giants...but the Giants have nothing to play for. Still...there's hope. Scenarios in link below.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nf...boys/95864930/

Last edited by Bondurant; 12-26-2016 at 10:24 PM.. Reason: Additional info

Old 12-27-2016, 06:09 AM

Wow, Percentage is "packing" it in already? There is always a chance in any game! Although it was a tale of two halves, and the Jekyll and Hyde Lions team showed up.

Being a Packer fan, I do think they are back from some of their injuries, found a sort of run game, BUT that secondary can be exploited big time. Stafford has the arm to do it. Packers cannot get consistent play from their youngsters, so many bad angles, and in the wrong spot. I don't complain about draft picks, free agency but Packers with a young team, not always a good idea.

I expect a good game on Sunday, both teams fighting for their playoff lives! Packers are maybe a more complete team but very prone to big mistakes and teams have capitalized (see 4 game losing streak)!

Old 12-31-2016, 06:50 AM

4,666 posts, read 3,861,741 times
Good luck tomorrow night Lions. I admit, your team is likable now that Suh & Schwartz are gone. I hope Packers & the Lions both make the playoffs & meet up in the NFC Championship game. Black & blue division. Also, I saw this & couldn't resist.

Old 12-31-2016, 07:13 AM

Cute, Ever! I posted on the 27th, no responses, I know people are busy but hoped they weren't giving up! I said I would totally support the Lions if they beat the Packers.

The Lions fans will be totally loud and crazy tomorrow as they should be, how many times do the Lions play a game for the division and the playoffs???

Of course, I want a Packers win but will not feel bad if the Lions win. Ideally, Giants beat Redskins and both teams go to the playoffs!

Old 12-31-2016, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Good luck tomorrow night Lions. I admit, your team is likable now that Suh & Schwartz are gone.
I miss Suh. A lot. Easily my favorite Lion when he was on the team and I still wear the jersey. He was the perfect Detroit star in the vein of Cobb, Laimbeer and Probert. They were even making new Bad Boys t-shirts with a football on the logo instead of a basketball. The defense hasn't been the same since he left.

As for Sunday, Riddick is out and Swanson if doubtful. The latter is a crucial blow. Glasgow and Decker can't manage the o-line alone. Tomlinson is terrible. Slay is expected to play but officially "questionable" last I checked. If he remains out too there's absolutely no chance on Sunday.

A bit worried about Swanson. If he missed the game it will be 4 in a row after suffering a concussion. That's terrible for the Lions and more importantly for Swanson. Hope all ends well for him.

Old 01-01-2017, 05:23 PM

So the game will still be for the division but both teams are in the playoffs! Woohoo! Where is Percentage????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football