U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2017, 01:04 PM

4,854 posts, read 6,374,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
Probably.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjoMk9f8BtE

Watch all 4 parts.

Some of the stuff I can pooh pooh off but it is all food for thought.
The videos certainly make an interesting argument. I would like to delve deeper into the NFL being classified as "entertainment". Could be a curious angle. I wouldn't be shocked a bit if certain results weren't demanded or encouraged whenever possible. The fact that there's no apparent accountability for referees is suspect.

While I have little faith the NFL is an organization on the up and up the NFL and their refs don't drop passes and commit dumb penalties. I believe, honestly, the referees have played a huge impact of games for the Lions this season but they also don't do themselves much favors either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2017, 10:20 PM

The offensive line could become thinner yet once free agency hits. Warford and Reiff are both set to be unrestricted free agents on March 9 if deals aren't reached prior. It could end up a very sticky situation with an o-line lacking quality of depth. Quinn might have to work some magic at the draft.

Detroit Lions: No decisions made yet on Larry Warford, Riley Reiff

Old 02-02-2017, 11:39 PM

New uniforms coming in April. Sounds like they'll be ditching the black from the jersey as well. Hope they go for a retro Lions look.

Detroit Lions statement regarding rebranding

Old 02-06-2017, 09:32 PM

2,772 posts, read 2,378,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
New uniforms coming in April. Sounds like they'll be ditching the black from the jersey as well. Hope they go for a retro Lions look.

Detroit Lions statement regarding rebranding
Nice! Good idea ditching the black. I hope they go with more blue & less silver overall. The helmet logo is due for a change.

Old 03-12-2017, 11:33 AM

Quinn continues to beef up the offensive line. T.J. Lang is coming back to Motown. There's been speculation but it seemed yesterday he was bound for Seattle. I'd like to think that Justin Abdelkader and Calvin Johnson had a part in doing this leading the charge for Lang to sign with Detroit on social media. Here's the signing story from Freep.

T.J. Lang coming home to Detroit Lions on 3-year deal

Now it's time to work on the defensive side of the ball and improve the ground game.

Old 03-12-2017, 12:16 PM

11,724 posts, read 11,563,300 times
Huge loss for the Packers, major gain for the Lions! T.J. is a great player and an awesome guy! If he had to leave I prefer the Lions over the Seahawks, he visited there, too! He will be missed, Lions win this round! Good luck to him except when you play the Packers!

Old 03-13-2017, 09:47 PM

Smooth dealing by Quinn. Swooped in at the midnight hour to snatch Lang from Seattle. Even Long thought he was going to be a Seahawk. Exciting offseason so far. It's not very often there's a lot of excitement generated by the Lions.

T.J. Lang: Late Detroit Lions offer topped Seattle Seahawks

The interview from Valenti & Foster linked in the article is pretty good and some of Lang's comments might ruffle a few feathers in Green Bay's front office.

Old 03-14-2017, 06:57 AM

11,724 posts, read 11,563,300 times
I agree, media is all over this in GB. Bad look for the Packers, totally awful. Lang has always been a great "tell it like it is" guy, never sugar coats it, a media favorite. He did a long show with Jason Wilde on ESPN and really wanted the Packers to step up to the plate, they didn't, dropped the ball big time.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:34 PM

Lions unveiled their new uniforms today. The throwback scheme is good but the rest of them are a step backward. The color rush is abysmal. Oh well. More money in my pocket.

Detroit Lions' new uniforms include throwback, Color Rush jerseys

Old 04-14-2017, 12:56 PM

2,772 posts, read 2,378,084 times
I'm glad the black trim is gone including the black facemark. Otherwise the helmet, home uniforms are meh. Silver facemark is kind of neat.

Color rush uniform looks fantastic, as all color rush uniforms do.
I really like the away uniforms (below) & especially the blue socks. Good choice there. Wish they didn't have the stripes on the pants though. Should be solid blue pants. Throw in some blue shoes as well.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or