U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2017, 10:06 PM

5,230 posts, read 3,133,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
I'm not a drinker, but damnit I almost turned to the bottle for comfort during that abysmal first half. An interception on the very first throw? Phew.

Well done lads. Matthew effin Stafford and Golladay Express....wooohooooo. It's just one win but I don't care. This same Cardinals destroyed us last season. Not a big Jim Caldwell fan but this humble pie tastes so yum yum good. #OnePride #BleedHonoluluBlue&Silver.

On to the next one
Congrats to Matthew Stafford and the Detroit Lions! Excellent game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2017, 07:01 AM

9,349 posts, read 5,575,774 times
Stafford came out and earned that paycheck! Talk about a tale of two halves.

Old 09-11-2017, 08:10 AM

689 posts, read 338,844 times
Didn't see game and still need to see highlights but seems like Lions did very well. Stafford is earning that contract!

Old 09-11-2017, 11:37 AM
YAZ

7,078 posts, read 11,857,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
I'm not a drinker, but damnit I almost turned to the bottle for comfort during that abysmal first half. An interception on the very first throw? Phew.

Well done lads. Matthew effin Stafford and Golladay Express....wooohooooo. It's just one win but I don't care. This same Cardinals destroyed us last season. Not a big Jim Caldwell fan but this humble pie tastes so yum yum good. #OnePride #BleedHonoluluBlue&Silver.

On to the next one

I have plenty of projects to do around the house and was eyeballin' something else to do instead of sittin' in front of the TV......but the game was close at halftime....cracked my first beer then and had a pretty good buzz by the time the game was over. That's my bonus for skipping lunch.

I realize that Palmer is gettin' to be an old Redbird, but Detroit's defensive line was in his face all day. One sack for them isn't indicative of how well they played. Not to mention keeping that Johnson guy from having a career day on the ground.

Lions and Cards will both be on TV here next week.....but I'm gonna miss both games for work reasons.

Old 09-12-2017, 02:42 AM

2,495 posts, read 3,642,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
Congrats to Matthew Stafford and the Detroit Lions! Excellent game.
Thanks. Pretty sure David Johnsons injury changed your teams game plan. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Old 09-12-2017, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
I have plenty of projects to do around the house and was eyeballin' something else to do instead of sittin' in front of the TV......but the game was close at halftime....cracked my first beer then and had a pretty good buzz by the time the game was over. That's my bonus for skipping lunch.

I realize that Palmer is gettin' to be an old Redbird, but Detroit's defensive line was in his face all day. One sack for them isn't indicative of how well they played. Not to mention keeping that Johnson guy from having a career day on the ground.

Lions and Cards will both be on TV here next week.....but I'm gonna miss both games for work reasons.
same here. Renovating my bathroom but suspended it to watch the game. Very first throw and the Cards had a pick 6. I went to mow the lawn right after that play. Lol. My nerves were shot. Returned to the game just before halftime and cheered them on.

David Johnson is a huge part of the Cards offense so things changed when he went out...ill take the victory but we need to start better and not always rely on Stafford to bail us out.

Good win. Hopefully this is a sign of the direction the season is heading.

Old 09-12-2017, 02:36 PM

4,854 posts, read 6,372,030 times
Jeff Locke was signed for punting duties until Martin returns. Locke was cut by the Vikings and released by the Colts after getting outplayed by a rookie. Get well soon, Sam Martin.

Lions sign punter Locke, place Robinson in IR

Old 09-18-2017, 09:23 PM

689 posts, read 338,844 times
Lions looked pretty good tonight and balanced on O. DBs playing well too.

Jim Caldwell received a bit of criticism over his coaching tenure but him and his coordinators seem to be starting off well this year. Curious how they gonna do against Green Bay and Minnesota.

Old 09-18-2017, 09:30 PM

5,721 posts, read 5,472,482 times
Lions looked great in their first two games. I keep not picking them because they are the Lions but they were great tonight .

Old 09-18-2017, 09:49 PM

Not the biggest Caldwell fan but I'm giving full credit to him and his staff. 2-0 baby...lets go!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or