U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2017, 10:09 AM

11,723 posts, read 11,553,483 times

Advertisements

Hope Datone Jones helps the Lions, he was o.k. with Packers, not spectacular but solid. Fans blame players but sometimes the skill set isn't a great match for team scheme. We've seen players excel on other teams, could happen in this case!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2017, 10:21 PM

4,850 posts, read 6,366,804 times
Ngata shutdown for season to repair bicep injury. Not good.

Detroit Lions' Haloti Ngata out for the season with biceps injury

Old 10-14-2017, 12:54 PM
YAZ

7,075 posts, read 11,850,555 times
Also signed Caroun Reid, so hopefully he and Jones fill in nicely.

Last game before the bye, and please don't scoff at me with what I'm about to say.....

This road game vs. the Saints is very important. A loss here will solidify Detroit's status as a mediocre team for the rest of the season. Barring a complete Packer meltdown, it would mean another division title for Green Bay. I reckon the Lions have a good shot at the playoffs either way, but we really need to host a playoff game for a chance at the Conference Championship.

On the bright side, a win keeps them very much in the hunt. A nice break to get ready for the Steelers on Sunday Night Football, and a not too shabby 4 -2 record.

Offense needs to pick it up now.

Old 10-14-2017, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Also signed Caroun Reid, so hopefully he and Jones fill in nicely.

Last game before the bye, and please don't scoff at me with what I'm about to say.....

This road game vs. the Saints is very important. A loss here will solidify Detroit's status as a mediocre team for the rest of the season. Barring a complete Packer meltdown, it would mean another division title for Green Bay. I reckon the Lions have a good shot at the playoffs either way, but we really need to host a playoff game for a chance at the Conference Championship.

On the bright side, a win keeps them very much in the hunt. A nice break to get ready for the Steelers on Sunday Night Football, and a not too shabby 4 -2 record.

Offense needs to pick it up now.
All of the above + the offensive line must keep Stafford alive and not let him get hurt. One game to survive before the bye.

Old 10-15-2017, 02:37 PM
YAZ

Don't be fooled by the final score.

The Lions' defense was carved up like a Thanksgiving bird, and the Saints' defense was all over Stafford like a cheap suit.

I reckon that Detroit's O line is injured. Pretty much the entire line. Regarding my previous post, the bye week couldn't have come at a better time.

Now for the fun stuff:

Mr. Peterson of the Cards is workin' on a 100 yard game and it's not even the second quarter.

I think about it more and more; that Atlanta game was a good foreshadowing of things to come.

Last edited by YAZ; 10-15-2017 at 02:39 PM.. Reason: add

Old 10-15-2017, 03:29 PM

Stafford was terrible. The defense was terrible. The offensive line was terrible. Greg Robinson is just a step above no one. Dropped passes. Tipped passes. I don't think I've seen more tipped passes in a single game. Agnew miffed a crucial punt. Despite all of this garbage the game was somehow still within reach. It's crazy.

This will be the most cherished bye I can remember. Stafford was holding his ribs. The genius of Jim Bob Cooter is fading fast.

It's crucial to address all of these problems and fast. With the apparent season ending injury to Aaron Rodgers the NFC North is wide open. Packers may even end up in the cellar with the Lions, Vikings and possibly even the Bears in a war for the division title.

Glover Quin is also in concussion protocol. Let's hope it's nothing serious because he would be a devastating loss to the defense.

Old 10-15-2017, 04:14 PM
YAZ

Let's be clear. The toughest part of the regular season is over. (took my pessimistic glasses off).

On paper anyway.

Still have the Browns & Bengals to play.

Tampa ain't so hot

Big Ben of Pittsburgh fame has lost a step.

Already beat the Vikings.

Da Bears suck.

Packers are beat up.

Ravens ain't going to the Super Bowl.

Ever the optimistic one......

Old 10-16-2017, 06:19 AM

11,723 posts, read 11,553,483 times
You can be optimistic, no one likes to see injuries but in reality, this is an opportunity for NFC North teams, Lions step up!

Old 10-22-2017, 12:33 PM

The Lions will not lose this week. Build upon that momentum for next Sunday night against the Steelers.

Old 10-24-2017, 12:49 PM
YAZ

What will our beloved Lions do?

Will our Motown Pussycats allow that horrendous showing vs. the Saints define the season? Or will they exude their pride and show the country that Detroit doesn't roll over and play dead until the fourth quarter?

Please excuse me for any pessimism (lifelong Lions' fan), but yes.....we've seen this before.

Look, our schedule gets easier (on paper), after this week. And let's be real. Two teams stand in the Lions' way of a division title:

1. Vikings

2. Lions

I reckon that it's a stretch to hope that the Lions back into the playoffs this year with a wild card berth. Win the division or go home and eat chips and salsa while shopping on the TV during bowl games.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or